Thread: Please help, can't get into the game now. (fixed)

Default Please help, can't get into the game now. (fixed)

I'm new to the game, been playing for about a week. Her is my problem:

Prior to today, I was able to log into the game at horizons.istaria.com, and play the game. Unfortunatly I had a problem and could not log into accounts.istaria.com. I submitted a ticked, and it seemed Horizons fixed the issue about me getting into the billing information, but now I can't log into the game to play. It's saying wrong user name and/or password. I did not change either, and when I go to request password, It doesn't send me one.

Thanks

Default Re: Please help, can't get into the game now.

I would file another ticket.

Make sure your all caps button isnt on too. Many have done that and didnt realize it.

No my caps weren't on, but I filed another ticket

This issue has been fixed.

Horizons CS

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    This issue has been fixed.

Horizons CS
    Nice to see you fixing a newcomers problem on a Sunday, while my own problem as a four-year vet of the game sits unanswered as both a ticket and as four PMs on this board. I can't get into the game either since your "merger" of my accounts totally screwed me over Friday morning.

Sorry for the paranoia. I wanted to play some this weekend. Now I have two subs on an account that has had all of its characters removed to another account that I didn't create.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Please help, can't get into the game now. (fixed)

land, i understand your frustration, i really do!
    i work at the IT call center for a major international corporation (a MAJOR corp). the service center process calls for the tickets to be assigned to individual techs.
    i suggest that this may also be the case here at horizons.
    if so, then it is possible that your ticket has been assigned to a tech that did not work this weekend. it may also be a case of, for whatever reason (and believe me, there can be several complete different ones), the one ticket was easy to fix and yours requires some research or contact with a different dept or entity.

i know you want to play and i know you feel like if someone would just do something, you would be okay. i am sorry you are experiencing this inability to play the game we love so well, but i think the recent past has shown us that vi is serious about customer service. i have every confidence that you will recieve total satisfaction very soon.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Actually, I have experienced delays of more than a week with each inquiry into the "merging" operation, I offered to provide telephone numbers or to call them on my dime, and I submitted earlier PMs and tickets. So it's not just a recent problem. I realize you all want to paint VI with a coat of brand-new paint, but I am paying for something that I'm able to use and that reminds me a lot of the recently departed ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    land, i understand your frustration, i really do!
    i work at the IT call center for a major international corporation (a MAJOR corp). the service center process calls for the tickets to be assigned to individual techs.
    i suggest that this may also be the case here at horizons.
    if so, then it is possible that your ticket has been assigned to a tech that did not work this weekend. it may also be a case of, for whatever reason (and believe me, there can be several complete different ones), the one ticket was easy to fix and yours requires some research or contact with a different dept or entity.

i know you want to play and i know you feel like if someone would just do something, you would be okay. i am sorry you are experiencing this inability to play the game we love so well, but i think the recent past has shown us that vi is serious about customer service. i have every confidence that you will recieve total satisfaction very soon.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

Landowyn,

I forwarded your message to customer service. Given it's a Monday, and they'll be hitting things full force today, I'm hopeful you'll get a response soon.

Take care!

-Menkure
    Last edited by Menkure; September 17th, 2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: sphelling... *growls*

Actually, I have experienced delays of more than a week with each inquiry into the "merging" operation, I offered to provide telephone numbers or to call them on my dime, and I submitted earlier PMs and tickets. So it's not just a recent problem. I realize you all want to paint VI with a coat of brand-new paint, but I am paying for something that I'm able to use and that reminds me a lot of the recently departed ownership.
    I suppose the fact they are basically 3 people doing the work of 15 and still pulling out more results in 2-3 weeks than EI did in one year, clearly qualifies them as "reminds me a lot the recently departed ownership".

Likewise, those who have been there and know how hellish is this situation, want to paint VI with a coat of brand-new paint. Dang fanbois.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

We have been corrected over on the Vault boards. There are more then 3 people. People from all jobs from the old company are back, just the 3 best known names of those have been released.

Perhaps you will consider me a "fanboi" but let me say this...

Even if you are just being sarcastic, any new player will not understand that. They will take your words and view them as a real comparison.

Yes, in 3 weeks time, Vi has made more positive moves and fixes than has been done to this game in 2 years, this would include Eii and Tulga.

Just because a few here and there are still waiting their turn to get fixed, in NO way make them equal with Eii's inept handling of this game.

Be glad you have a game that is still running, and forums where you can point fingers.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Landowyn, I had the same problem as you. I had two accounts merged and they merged all my characters on the account I did not have a subscription on.
    I mailed support and they solved it the day after by moving the characters to the right account.

Do you have the original mails regarding the account merger? I sent a mail (to the email they provided to solve billing issues) to get my accounts merged and just hit reply to my answer from that one when I had a problem. Worked fast for me, only had to wait a day for my reply, which makes sense as I live in Europe and sent my mails in what would be the middle of the night in US.
    Last edited by Caelin; September 17th, 2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Forgot a 'n' in the text

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan View Post
    Perhaps you will consider me a "fanboi" but let me say this...
    Well, there is a reason why you are often (correctly) considered a "fanboi", Aamer..

Yes, in 3 weeks time, Vi has made more positive moves and fixes than has been done to this game in 2 years, this would include Eii and Tulga.
    You do realize that Virtrium IS comprised of the same folks from Tulga, right? Also, you do realize that most of the work that has gone into the deltas was done by Tulga before the sale, right? In addition, you do realize that the last year of Tulga's work before the sale saw FAR more work done than VI has done total so far, right?

You see, you are not considered a "fanboi" just because it is a convenient moniker your opponents have available to smack you around with, it is because you spin the facts to make things look better than they actually are.

Fanboi-ism of this kind is definitely no better than someone being sarcastically slamboi-ish, and neither are, by themselves, going to help anything at all.

Be glad you have a game that is still running, and forums where you can point fingers.
    Even if the game and forums went *poof* tomorrow, we would still have a game that is still running, and forums where we could talk both about Horizons AND whatever else we would be playing. Horizons is far from a necessary element in the gaming universe. Perhaps if more people realized that, it would have more of a chance to survive.

As for the BS that Virtrium hasn't done more than EII ever did, I know how to respond to that, but I think the mods might get indigestion over how I would do so. Suffice it to say that it simply is BS and leave it at that.

That said, it looks like we're already starting to see some of the past "falling through the cracks" problems cropping up, as well as buggy software issues due to lack of testing and proper QA. All I have to say to Virtrium is this: you guys have one last shot at this stuff; many of us are already on the other side of the fence, but we're watching through it. Your job is not just to get us to jump down on your side of it, but to get us to consider it in the first place, by giving us a reason to climb back up on to it. So far, there's already one big disincentive (as far as I am concerned) which means you're gonna have to work even harder to overcome it.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    You do realize that Virtrium IS comprised of the same folks from Tulga, right? Also, you do realize that most of the work that has gone into the deltas was done by Tulga before the sale, right? In addition, you do realize that the last year of Tulga's work before the sale saw FAR more work done than VI has done total so far, right?
    Just so you know Amon stated on the Boards that shall not be spoken off that the Delta 120 is about 50% old work 50% new work.

Thank you for pointing that out Deth.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Just so you know Amon stated on the Boards that shall not be spoken off that the Delta 120 is about 50% old work 50% new work.
    Just so you know, I said "deltas", not "delta 120". Delta 119 was 100% prior to Virtrium, so my comment is correct as it stood, even in light of the point you raised. As far as I know, Delta 119 never made it to live, either, so its changes would be included in any live patch.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

True but then delta 119 was posted by Tulga before the sales. So when talking about Vi I personally do not count it, but that is just me. I like to judge people on work they claim not other peoples work that they are adding to. But thats just me.

And I also did not mean it in a mean way just pointing out a fact that I did not know until getting told on the other board and others on this board may not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    True but then delta 119 was posted by Tulga before the sales. So when talking about Vi I personally do not count it, but that is just me. I like to judge people on work they claim not other peoples work that they are adding to. But thats just me.
    Well, whether you count it or not won't change the simple fact that Virtrium WILL be credited with taking it live, if by no one else than the fanbois, to be sure.

What boggles my mind is that they did not merge anything. The moved the five characters on my regular account to another account that had someone else's name and address associated with it, and did not merge the characters from my second account -- so they are still separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelin View Post
    Landowyn, I had the same problem as you. I had two accounts merged and they merged all my characters on the account I did not have a subscription on.
    I mailed support and they solved it the day after by moving the characters to the right account.

Do you have the original mails regarding the account merger? I sent a mail (to the email they provided to solve billing issues) to get my accounts merged and just hit reply to my answer from that one when I had a problem. Worked fast for me, only had to wait a day for my reply, which makes sense as I live in Europe and sent my mails in what would be the middle of the night in US.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

Thread Information