Thread: To all whom can Customize and Mod

Blog Entries

Default To all whom can Customize and Mod

Something I thought about as I returned back to Horizons and been reading over the forums.

If indeed Horizons has been forgotten about by the new company that took over, yet we all know we can modify the game freely with mods and our own stuff, why not continue to progress the game through such methods?

Ya'll have the power and the tools to make the game better, all it takes is some free-time work and maybe a little push in the right direction. I miss seeing what everyone would come up with to make this game better. To add to the game and give it more flavor.

I also really think now is the time where all of you who can do such things is when you need to stand up and take control to make Horizons better. There are so many things that can be added and done, so many things that could make the game better, and we have the power, if only someone will take the staff and run with it.

I would, if I could, and perhaps that is why I am saying this. If I had the tools, knowledge, and understanding, I would try and do something, sadly I can't because I am just an artist and not a programmer.

So come on guys, there has to be someone still out here playing this game who can do these things and still cares enough to try and keep the game lookin' good--

Mods can't fix client bugs, add new content or troubleshoot/maintain the servers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Mods can't fix client bugs, add new content or troubleshoot/maintain the servers.
    I'm sure they can't, however doesn't mean stuff can be done to at least try and make the game better graphic wise. I mean after all, We got patches that players have done to make hoard screens look better, fix the dragon graphics such as white teeth and claws, and make the sky look nicer.

Sure it isn't in-game hard coding, but cosmetics do help sometimes.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The one patch I'd still like to get is the one that doubles your chat tabs in a chat box. Does anyone still have that one to download and where?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Ambrosia (EoB) Gathering

(Since I can't play....)

Unzip the .def files to your world cache folder. To use, head over to Harro and go south towards the gate. You should see a pyramid which will let you climb up on top of some plot flooring tiles. You can then run all around the yew from Harro south to the ocean and the treants or other nasties won't attack you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sounds like using the ability to modify game files as an exploit to me.

Thread Information