Thread: "Building Work Noticeboard"

Lightbulb "Building Work Noticeboard"

Or an NPC..

Basically it would be very nice to see somewhere a list of all plots requiring building work, and which ones pay. Filterable of course!

For example
    I'm a lvl 27 mason. Happy to work sandstone or slate.. I would like to be paid, but if not paid, would like to know where I can apply my skills - I'd far rather level up on building than making tools!

Tick box : T1, T2, Stone.

Get a list (sortable) of structures requiring those resources.

Should have: location, building unit type needed, value per unit paid.

When someone is working on their plot (as in redesigning it), a flag is set so that it won't appear on this listing until the design changes have been finished - ie plot design window closed. Maybe updated once per hour? or live data..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Default Re: "Building Work Noticeboard"

I've suggested this several times, mostly back in beta and after release. I think it's a great idea.

Now they even have the community plot survey window that shows what structures are on each plot. Simply make a change to that to show which structures are completed and which are in progress, along with any payment posted to the plot, and it would be great!

Several of us on order have talked about this often. Its a great idea . Im sure currently Vi is busy with more pressing istarian concern. Im not the most computer savvy guy in the world so have no idea how much work it would be to put it in world , but maybe thats something that a forum thread could address. This is a community site maybe something could be set up here where members of the community could post work their willing to pay for on their plot, broken down by shards. If this already exists sry for repeating it im not new to game but am to forums, still learning my way arround them.

Hmm, nice but one remark on this: some people don't wánt to have their plots built by others (for instance because they set something up to level up on that themselves). How would you keep those out of such a list, if it were made automatically (instead of based on the players input into some list, or not if not wanted)?

I've often thought a general announcement board would be nice, for more than just construction, just so it doesn't become abused.

Announcement-boards for on your own plot would be very nice too. Put a sign near a silo 'this is for general use'; or advertize something you are selling (or that you have a consi open to public); etc.

Oh I like that Galilee, that's actually come up in discussion in my guild. "I wish we could label silos".

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    Hmm, nice but one remark on this: some people don't wánt to have their plots built by others (for instance because they set something up to level up on that themselves). How would you keep those out of such a list, if it were made automatically (instead of based on the players input into some list, or not if not wanted)?
    good question. How about a simple tickbox on the plot design that says "I want to opt OUT of having these details known"..

so default is on, for people who want others to work on their plots.

Or simply don't put any money on them, I'm sure most people would want to either 1) make money or 2) work on a friends or their own plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    This is a community site maybe something could be set up here where members of the community could post work their willing to pay for on their plot, broken down by shards. If this already exists sry for repeating it im not new to game but am to forums, still learning my way arround them.
    There is a place for this on the individual shard threads, under well, I guess "community" or "marketplace".

But a lot of people don't haunt these forums like we do, it would be nice to have in game

I'd just like to add my voice to this, and say that I'd love to see this sort of thing as well. If someone doesn't want to advertise their plot for construction, then yeah, simply don't put any money on it, or, possibly to "ensure" that it doesn't get listed, a simply checkbox is all that would be requried to opt out.

Signs would be RAD! "Armor by Henry" or "Henry's Potions" would be stupendous to have on your plot. Of course, that could get REAL dangerous in terms of exploitability, what with people leaving trashy language on their signs for any and all passers-by to see. Enforcing that get's een more difficult too, because what's trashy or vulgar to one person is just playful or funny to someone else. Still, that doesn't mean I'd like to see it happen. =P

Something else that would be nice, and fits into this thread quite well I think...

A work order system.

A board where you go up to it, and you put in a work order. I need "X Y and Z." and a crafter can check the work order and go out to make the stuff and turn it in. When done, the player requesting can go pick it up from the location they made the work order.

The only issue I see with this is the need for special components. =/ That kind of throws a wrench into things. HZ is a crafting centric game though, we really need something that helps out the trade area of things and gives stuff worth. Shoot me, but some kind of economy system that works like EVE's does.

I agree Chi, and I think that's what the whole "Reverse Consignment" thing was supposed to be about. I wonder if that's anywhere on Vi's roadmap, getting that finished and in game.

Thread Information