Thread: My hall and lair

Angry My hall and lair

I managed to lose my hall and lair chambers. I had built them both the hard way...tore the entier lair down for novians like many did, not just me. now the t5 hall rebuilt with novians will be gone tomorrow... I sent in a ticket. I hope they adress it a they see fit before they do mainteance. I'm just baffled as to how a change that big made it live. I must say I am bit ticked, but life goes on...I'll live. Just hoping somethign can be done thats all.

Keep in mind those two structures are central to getting around in my lair and to getting to silos ><

Default Re: My hall and lair

Yep, I hear the same complaint on order too. ;(

as angry as this sounds, I sincerely hope that the devs care and dont just see us as exploiting cuz, maybe we were, but almost every dragon I know did it, doesnt make it right, but guess we got punished eh?...

I'm in the same situation as you guys. Guess we kind of jumped the gun on that one. But still, it's frustrating.

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

I suggest sending a ticket, cant really blame us for it afterall.

Just so I understand, I'm feeling like I'm missing somthing here. What exactly was done that would be seen as exploiting here? Is this related to the drop in mats needed to build a hall?

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Just so I understand, I'm feeling like I'm missing somthing here. What exactly was done that would be seen as exploiting here? Is this related to the drop in mats needed to build a hall?
    Nah, it wasn't exploiting. When you deconstruct a structure it gives you back the amount of resources that you *put into it*, not the current amount that it would take to build it.

So people deconstructed their Halls to get 80% of the resources that they put into them back, and then rebuilt them with Novians using the lowered resource requirements. That's fair. Only it was a bug. Halls and Grand Halls weren't suppose to have their resource count lowered like all the other dragon structures did.

I'm surprised people didn't realize this was a bug. It specifically said that Halls and Grand Halls were EXCLUDED from the decrease in resource cost. IMO people knew this was a bug, and they knew it was going to get fixed, and they decided to try and sneak a little one past the devs. Only the didn't know they were going to get screwed out of some of their resources because the structures would be reset to unbuilt status.

But still. I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for these people or say: good to you for trying that, but it didn't work. 'You pays your money (and you takes your chances)'.

It looks like the thing to do is figure out how 'short' your hall and lair will be, then set about making the resources now. You still have access to the machines and silos attched to them.

If you wait till after the fix, you'll find it a bit more difficult with your machines and storage inaccessable.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    IMO people knew this was a bug, and they knew it was going to get fixed, and they decided to try and sneak a little one past the devs. Only the didn't know they were going to get screwed out of some of their resources because the structures would be reset to unbuilt status.

But still. I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for these people or say: good to you for trying that, but it didn't work. 'You pays your money (and you takes your chances)'.
    Please don't assume that players in this situation did this intentionally. I am NOT in this situation as I didn't decon anything, but I also was completely unaware that some structures were excluded. The patch notes were very long and I must have missed it in the excitement over the reductions. Because you caught the exception doesn't mean that everyone else also caught it.

I actually play the game, I dont spend all my time reading about it.

So I did miss out on some of that stuff.

Whatever, its not that much, I sent a ticket, if they do something for me, great if not, I'll get by.

good to know the community has sympathy for one another.

I'm surprised people didn't realize this was a bug. It specifically said that Halls and Grand Halls were EXCLUDED from the decrease in resource cost.
    Well, I think some missed the whole patch notes, and some don't read the forums.

But some could not believe (after all the patch notes stated what was intended to be) at the opportunity and caught it, bet on their horse at the devs "skipping" the undo ... and lost.

This hurts but... does it hurt more that for the first time they are bent at keeping things straight or did it hurt less in the past when they'd slip on many "details" and people "took opportunities"?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

This falls under the "poopoo happens" category. Most people, it seems, read the patch notes about, or heard about, the lair chamber requirement nerf. I know that on Chaos it was made quite clear in the channels that Halls and Grand Halls were NOT included in the change...

hehehehe, i find this whole thing rather amusing personally. i am somewhat surprised that such a big thing slipped past the devs, but i been having fun with it. i took advantage of my hall suddenly being done by building a bit on the halls attatched to it, and then logged out sitting in the hall to see what would happen when i logged back in to a deconstructed room. I hope to find the results worth a screenshot

and i don't really mind that my hall will be reverted t it's previous completeness of 67% (it better not go any further though, then i will be irritated, took me over a month to get it that far) because it gives me the oportunity to be there when it is done, rather than it suddenly being done. so really i get eh best of both worlds out of this: i got to do some work around my hall sooner than i thought, and i will have the joy of seeing the hall completed for a second time, this time by my own claws (and perhaps those of a friend, if you are reading this you know who you are)

All those people wil loose is 20% of their halls' resources. (could be worse)

I didn't decond anything in my lair, I'm still hoping they will give 100% novian refund on all excess units applied to structures. This will allow structures to be completed "normally" instead of popping once the % done reaches 100, which happens prematurely now that there is "excess" on old half built structures. I logged in after maint the other day and 2 structures plus a spiral had completed on their own, because they were past 100% done, even though 0 lattice had been applied, but excess everything else was in place.

Refund 100% the excess units as novians on all structures. Then rooms will return to unbuilt state, we can complete them as normal, and have novians for the work that was applied unecessarily.

In the meantime I've got gemworking, vault and a smelter all completed that I didn't apply lattice to (maybe a few units on one), since I was waiting for the tricut resource reduction.

20% loss of Hall resources? That is NOTHING compared to the gain from the reduced reqs of all the rest. Some are reduced to 1/4 or the old ones. It will take u a day or two to replace it. No point in going all Helian about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    20% loss of Hall resources? That is NOTHING compared to the gain from the reduced reqs of all the rest. Some are reduced to 1/4 or the old ones. It will take u a day or two to replace it. No point in going all Helian about it...
    Halls and grand halls were not included in the resource reduction. With the excepetion of raw gems for tricuts.

Which means if you only have a T6 grand hall getting more resources back on your other rooms is really not a help
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons logging page
    This morning we patched Chaos and Order to correct the construction requirements of Halls and Grand Halls. The requirements in the Tuesday, September 18th patch were mistakenly lowered and are now being set back to the values they had before this last update.

Existing Halls and Grand Halls that have been completed will remain in a completed state after the update, even if the amount you had previously applied would not meet the new requirements. In case you're wondering, if you deconstruct the structure, you will only get what you already put in it.

Some Istarians deconstructed their halls to gain back resources that had been put into their chambers. If this happened to you, we'd like to return the the 20% waste that occurred when your hall was deconstructed. We're sorry this bug wasn't caught in testing and we understand that for many it was an honest action to get back resources. Here's what we need from you so we can square things away: account user name, the structure type (Hall or Grand Hall), total novians you received from deconstruction, character name who received the novians and what day you did the deconstruction. We'll use this information to cross reference logs and verify how much to deposit. As this is a bit of a complex process, please try to be as close to accurate as possible. Also, this is a time consuming process and the little Gnomes that do our database log parsing and database cross referencing will treat specious requests very unkindly (we will resort to feeding the Gnomes after midnight). Please submit your request to http://support.istaria.com.

Thank you all for your patience and for your understanding as we resolve this issue.
    seems that you'll get your ressources back

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better for the folks that would have taken a bite, not so anymore!

Aye, thank you very much

Thread Information