Thread: Gatherings

Default Gatherings

Ripped from the SD forums:

"Sence the beginning of the year I have been asked by specific individuals to hold bardic gatherings. Currently I have been having a hard time getting something like this together. There are always too few people or none who would want to come. Regardles, this is something I plan on hosting. If you would like to help out please post here with what you can do and the times you are avaliable. Here is a list of things we currently need in priority:

1. Confectioner for food
    2. Fireworks
    3. Another storyteller other then myself. Short stories no longer then 10 to 15 mins to tell.
    4. Scavenger hunt materials. I can easily provide a reward of a large sum of hoard. But we need ideas on what to hunt that will be avaliable to all levels.
    5. And a schedule. Something that everyone may be around for and can attend, or try to at least.

There is more but these are the priority at the moment. I know I will put one together in one way or another, but it would be nice to have a fully planned one that everyone would like to come back to again."

I am known for the hosting of dynamic rp run events and stories. Always in rp mode when im around and quite often have stories to tell. Last weekend was the first dynamicly run rp story event and gathering. People are still far and few between to attend and share their own stories and I felt it time to extend the invitation further. Much of the information remains on the SD boards but I will make an effort to make it visibly seeable without needing to sign up as a member if there is enough interest from others in this matter.

If you would like to see a small community function return I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me with what you can do to help. Currently I run this function every two weeks as a major gathering event. Because it was decided to hunt after the gatherings a healer of sorts would help out greatly. We only hunt where we can survive. This means more greater survival, greater risks naturally. Remember, stories and mostly attendance are a main important factor in helping even if you have little else you can help with.

Please express your thoughts to let us know if you would like this to become more then a small event.
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

Default Re: Gatherings

*sniffs* Allon would be proud....

I have no head for stories, but I would be more than happy to listen and assit in the fighting afterwards if you announce them ahead of time here or something.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Allon and I never quite finished the one quest I was helping him with. Still waiting to this date for his eventful return. Anywho, it is possible to announce them ahead of time. Im still in the process of talking to people and rounding them up. Oddly enough its been a little more quiet from others on this topic then I thought it would be, however its good to see that some people do want to attend. Once a month maybe? Pretty hard to do a large event too often with as hard worked as I am; and naturally I always have some story to share. Just um.. hard to make one that dosent take about eight hours to tell. Those who remember know what I mean.
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.

I miss these!

I miss Allon... talked to him recently though and he's doing well ^..^

I don't know if I can attend. Timing is not on my side *cries*

I wish I could see one, but time is also not on my side... ((College starts oct 1! ))

I'd love to attend one! My ability to attend is dependent mostly on sleep tho, so depending on when it is and how tired/wake I am I'll be there!

yea attendance was usually never a big deal - it was finding writers and performers .

And Allon probably won't be returning - he's doing double duty jobs now working around the clock (literally) for extra fundage, and not sure when he's going to die from it - so then he'll know when to quit . He's spoken to me about possibly returning to our characters in WoW, but I still have to email him back.

I can see him returning because of his plot and the reclamation - but I don't think at this time he plans to return to an active state.

He has a new kitty though and otherwise is doing well .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Hm, I don't see how one can commit to WoW and hold two jobs. Believe me I know. Im currently working two and studying in college...again (Wich is why I am not as commonly seen beyond the community events and gatherings. For now at least.). But, every sence a good friend died I never looked at WoW the same so maybe its partly due to that. Anyways!

I've come to a decision after this past one (Concluded 9/30/07) that most people seem to be avaliable sunday over saturday. Knowing this, a majority will probibly be on sunday with the sometimes saturday one if the week leans towards it. The next one is the 14th this month, begins most of the time at 6pm eastern time. I always start with a warmup in the Silver Dawn RP channel and give people approximately 20 to 30 mins to gather in NT. Though I bring a story I keep it short in expectation that others will have one. Recently none have and if its a continuing trend I may lengthen my stories without having them become 8 hour long books..again.. :P Yes those were the days.

I now feel secure that people are interested in this, so so the invitation is there for the next week to come. Please do bring a story though, I know im long winded but sometimes I feel like I enjoy hearing myself talk too much if you know what I mean.

A new RP series has been launched from the previous gathering as well. So keep in mind that there will be an effort from those involved (And there are quite a few) that will keep on this storyline and plot. If you wish to become involved you are more then welcome to join into the channel (Labeled: Silver Dawn RP) we have constructed and RP to your hearts content (Wether it be story related or small casual RP). When I am avaliable I usually rp in the channel and run the story in a DM perspective. Your actions reflect the outcome to what happens next (Those who remember last year know this well.). For more information visit the Silver Dawn Forums at: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php

Registration is required, but you will be able to keep up with internal announcements and smaller community projects. Not everyone is a forum person I know, but if you have plans to attend events I strongly recomend becomming a part of the community and helping to create events that you would like to see. From there, we can plan and commense.

Hope to see you next week, be safe and take care. Untill then!

Edit: I almost forgot. If you wish to hunt after the gathering please let us know ahead of time. Not everyone will be able to attend a hunt due to time constraints vs the time such a gathering usually runs. Please also remember to list your suggestion as to what to hunt. Keep in mind that allthough I am open for anything and more then well equiped for even the hardest of fights, not everyone has the same capacity, desire, or time.
    Last edited by Valados; October 2nd, 2007 at 06:48 AM.

Can't just give us a time here? *Doesn't know if he can show up anyhow... even if he really wants to.* Yay time zones!

Lets see... 6pm Eastern... thats 5central irght? That sounds about right. I'll be there provided I can break this 12-13hr sleep cycle I've been on.

*cries* that's 12pm for me! or AM? ... ok try midnight... more like 1 am though me thinks.

OH WELLZ! I've things to do after 8pm saturday anyhow i've signed up for =(

Midnight? Ouch.. The time set was a graph I constructed internally for the average peak times that people were on. Its really hard for me to be anywhere before the set time due to college, family, errands, double jobs, ect.. I do not mind missing a day if it means some of those that cannot attend get a chance to, but you will have to keep in mind that I would be unable to make those times. I would still get things set in place but as for staying I cannot do untill later in the eve.

I've also had a few requests to hunt something big. Im up for it whatever it may be with my old motto "There is no challenge I cannot overcome", so with mind over matter I think it could be fun. With the comps dropping faster the old plans I had were shot. :/

Thread Information