Thread: NT sandstone/flax dissapears

Default NT sandstone/flax dissapears

Hi

Think this maybe allready know as was advised how to clear problem in chat.
    Anyway after i had recalled back to town from NT sandstone/flax area then returned to carry on mining.All the resoures had vanished.I was advised to start a recall and then stop it.The sandstone/flax reappeared again.
    later on this happened again but i had to log out and log in again.
    The next time this happened when i came back to mine their where several toons mining invisable(to me)sandstone but their where a few other nodes visable.....This a bug or some sort of lag issue?
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Default Re: NT sandstone/flax dissapears

This has happened to me too. Not sure what the issue is, but I assumed it was a bug. Usually if it's lag, it appears eventually, but the sandstone didn't come back before downtime the night I was playing.

Anyone else have this problem I wonder?

Same happens to me, 100% of the time, on New Vassarek. Occassionaly it happens elsewhere too. And yes, some of the times there will be 2 or 3 nodes or trees still up, rest all vanished.

It's a pretty old bug. If you're recalling from inside a resource spawn area, sometimes the client sort of "forgets" all about the resources there. New spawn will show (ie 1-2 nodes, unless the field is worked by someone else), but all the existing nodes become inexistant to you.

I think you can solve it by porting somewhere, or in the worst case a relog. It is a very annoying bug indeed.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Recalling wipes the nodes from the client memory, but since you never left the loading area for the nodes, they do not get reentered. Relogging, or going far enough away usually clears the problem. Just don't recall to a point too close to you.

Hmm, take New Vassarek: if I recall to the shrine in the village, coming from the cedars (complete other side of the island, so quite a fair distance) then áll spawns are gone. No cedars, but also no flax, no ore, no stone, etc: so including all the area's I wasn't even near to when I recalled... Also tried porting to new trismus and back to vassarek; still no spawns to be seen. Of anything. Don't know if it also works this way on Genevia (much more important area then New Vassarek, after all) for Brainbasher?

Entity load distance is quite a lot farther than your average entity view distance, so it's plausible. I usually port to the mainland when it happens, and that fixes it.

Oh, and mobs won't care if YOU can't see THEM. :P
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information