Thread: "Servers are under maintenence" (fixed)

Default "Servers are under maintenence" (fixed)

This is odd...

I want to make a new character, but it tells me (in the Webpage, as I cannot use Launcher to make a new character) that all servers are under maintenance.

Yet, when I boot the Launcher up, it says all of my characters are available...

So what am I missing?

Default Re: "Servers are under maintenence"

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    This is odd...

I want to make a new character, but it tells me (in the Webpage, as I cannot use Launcher to make a new character) that all servers are under maintenance.

Yet, when I boot the Launcher up, it says all of my characters are available...

So what am I missing?
    Same problem, it says all servers are under maintenance, but all my chars are available

They are having an "obtuseness" problem with IIS and sessions.

*shrug* beats me, but that's what they said.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Yeah, I've got the same problem here too. Strange...
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Word from the developers: they're working on the character create problem and will update as soon as they have a fix tested.

Horizons CS

Thank you Horizons CS!
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    Word from the developers: they're working on the character create problem and will update as soon as they have a fix tested.

Horizons CS
    Thank you for your reply, I'll try checking back tomorrow.

Thanks again!

I'd had that same problem. However, it's working as of a few hours ago. I was able to manage my characters, delete an unused one, and create a new one. So, they knocked the obtuseness out of it pretty quick

I think this problem is my fault, I signalled a problem with expiring sessions when creating new characters and their fix probably has bitten back
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: "Servers are under maintenence" (fixed)

Just wanted to let everyone know this was fixed last night, tested this morning and rolled out. Turned out it was the Gnomes again and their Evil Territory Constrained CD Keys. From the developers on how Territory Constrained CD Keys work (or the now infamous TCCDK system):

"The CD Key system allows specific CD keys to be assigned to particular countries or territories and then cross-associated to particular shards. For example, this allows a CD key to be generated that only allows character creation on Order for accounts created in Australia (with Australian billing information)."

I had to push a little bit, but I got specifics on what happened. Turns out that after the last update, everyone with a billing address in Istaria were allowed access to character creation and every other country was excluded. Seems like that developer likes Istaria just a little too much...

Problem has been fixed (and I got the boss to help me 'pull' that developer away from the computer and sent them outside for some fresh air).

Horizons CS

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    I had to push a little bit, but I got specifics on what happened. Turns out that after the last update, everyone with a billing address in Istaria were allowed access to character creation and every other country was excluded. Seems like that developer likes Istaria just a little too much...

Problem has been fixed (and I got the boss to help me 'pull' that developer away from the computer and sent them outside for some fresh air).

Horizons CS
    lol! Classic.

You: "See that bright yellow circle in the sky over there?"
    Dev: "Yeah... what *is* that thing? Are we under attack by aliens?"
    You: -sigh-

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Yes, please quit sniffing the glue in the drywall!

Thanks again.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information