Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plot and Lair disparity

Default Plot and Lair disparity

Do not want a lot of talk about building cost or anything else.

Just want to point out that Plots are limited unless you are lucky enough to have MAJOR coin and if one becomes available. To be able to build a T6 Human Guild house and all the shops on one plot is impossible. I believe, but may be mistaken, you can build a T6 Grand Hall and also have room to build all the Crafting chambers with almost any Lair in game.

This not a discussion about anything other than the subject of this one disparity. Thank you.

Default Re: Plot and Lair disparity

Plot......... And......... Lair

They are not comparable in any aspect...
    Price
    Size
    Items that can be built
    Construction requirements

I agree.....a "decent" plot requires an immense amount of coin to buy and is very limited in what you can use it for.

Lairs.... I can grind the coin for one in about 3 hours... and I can plan absolutely every structure in one with probably room to spare...

You dont offer any ideas for solutions though.... and I'm not saying any cause I know what will happen...

heh... you point out that fact.. but also should point out that even if you do have the 12G to purchase the largest plot on the map.. while you can't build all the expert shops and a T6 guild hall.. you still have to pay 12G for it.. whereas the most expensive dragon lair still doesn't exceed 1G in price.. for the ability to place all of the dragon shops and a grand hall in it as well..

I'm not too terribly concerned.. as I'm sure some of this will be remedied when Dryad and Dwarf plots/buildings are enabled... but disparity on the mere cost of the plot/lair is quite enormous... I personally paid 10.4g for one of my plots.. and while I can place an large number of things on there.. especially silos and such.. I still can't place the workshops and large guild hall on there as well..

If you have a plot in a nice community.. you may not need all these things... as others may have them already on their facilities.. but t'would still be nice to be able to have them for your own.. and be able to pay a closer related price for the plots as is paid on a lair.. no matter though.. least I don't have to build tri-cuts.. lattices.. and whatever other stuff them dragons have to suffer through.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I'd just like more fluff structures for plots and lairs both. Maybe there could be a design contest where people build models and make textures for them and then submit them to be placed into the game? I can't imagine that a plot/lair structure takes nearly as much data entry time as a new mob.

I got lucky in getting a 80x69 plot (right place, right time) from someone who was moving to a larger plot. Took some working moving things over and over but I was able to find a human guildhouse, all twelve shops, 28 silos and a couple tents on it.

Now my lair is 4 x 4 x 9 and I always get a headache trying to just plan it. Maybe once get done with Biped plot I'll give it a go.

I got lucky in getting a 80x69 plot (right place, right time) from someone who was moving to a larger plot. Took some working moving things over and over but I was able to find a human guildhouse, all twelve shops, 28 silos and a couple tents on it.
    Not a T6 Human Guildhouse I am sure. Back to my point - Almost any Lair can have a T6 Grand Hall and all the Crafting Chambers. Plots can not, even the largest plot on Istaria.

I have never understood why plots and lairs are not comparably priced. The cheapest biped plot of at least 40x40 dimensions is still double the cost of even the largest lairs. In fact, I find it completely annoying. My current plot is 95x95 and a t6 guildhouse would dominate the acreage, leaving little room for anything else of significance.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

On the other hand a Tier 6 silo takes up the same amount of room as a tier 2 silo on a plot, while that is most certainly not the case in a lair.

I agree that most plots are way too small to be useful though. Those little 23x23 plots are silly. None of them should be less than 50x50.

If you do put a tier VI grand hall in your lair you would have to put all the machine chambers as tier I or tier II. Oh and on the machine chambers the tier V and VI machine chambers of a lair take up four times the space as a tier I or II mahcine chamber while the bi-ped machine shops are all the same size from tier to tier.
    Xyndro

Dragon of Order.

This is comical.

All our chambers are significantly larger then the biped equivalent and don't even get me started on storage size.

oh...and how many passageways do you have to put into biped plot?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    This is comical.

All our chambers are significantly larger then the biped equivalent and don't even get me started on storage size.

oh...and how many passageways do you have to put into biped plot?
    Getting a bit off topic - It can be done in a Lair and not on any plot. My only point for this thread.

Not disputing anything about what Dragons have to do to build these in their Lair or even the fact that more resources are needed.

excuse you, but if you want to drag lairs in as an example to back your argument you have to take the whole argument not just the sliver you want. Thats called taking something out of context.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Just want to point out that Plots are limited unless you are lucky enough to have MAJOR coin and if one becomes available. To be able to build a T6 Human Guild house and all the shops on one plot is impossible. I believe, but may be mistaken, you can build a T6 Grand Hall and also have room to build all the Crafting chambers with almost any Lair in game.
    Limited plots at release December 2003. Limited plots after plot revamp October 2004. Limited plots after all the fluff that has been added.

When did lairs become available? Perhaps that would explain the coin "disparity" you see, along with contstruction "disparity" you don't see.

As for all shops . . . . that is your choice, and inherent into the differences between the two "games" of crafting.

Hint: Nov 2005. More lair rooms should be added, and fluff, for dragon lore and comparability (hint - hoard chamber, hatchling chamber, flight tubes, etc.).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Yup. I'd like to see many more fluff buildings and decorative items for both plots and lairs. (and furniture, but that's a lesser desire because of the shear amount of dev time it would take to implement. I'd rather see other things first I think). It's actually a pretty big want for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Do not want a lot of talk about building cost or anything else.

This not a discussion about anything other than the subject of this one disparity. Thank you.
    Nope, you're mistaken.

Tried it on my lair, Once you have that T6 Grand Hall placed, you're lucky if you can fit any more T6 structures in (let alone all the crafting chambers. I wish.)

(If you're wondering why: Lair construction is like a 3d jigsaw puzzle. The pieces only fit in a certain way and HAVE to connect <unlike plots.> By the time you waste the space required to lay the halls and connectors...
    At least, won't fit on my lair.)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Such an old whiney argument.... MY APPLE ISN'T AN ORANGE!

I wonder if Vahrokh was right... when we see Dragon vs Biped threads again, we know the game is doing better....

I am right, I am a top worldwide expert on envious / delusional / mob mentality / selfish greed behaviors of random humanity
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I am right, I am a top worldwide expert on envious / delusional / mob mentality / selfish greed behaviors of random humanity
    Yep. To thine own self be true!
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Such an old whiney argument.... MY APPLE ISN'T AN ORANGE!

I wonder if Vahrokh was right... when we see Dragon vs Biped threads again, we know the game is doing better....
    Nah, I disagree. I've seen a lot of Dragon vs Biped threads, even when EI was around.

*I* say this game will have been ressurected from the dead when:

1.) We show up on the plat-farming sites. (For those unfamiliar with the concept, Google the words "buy eq2 gold" and check websites. Note that Horizons is an unknown and not an option.) When the game becomes so popular that the plat-farmers invade, we'll know we've arrived.

2.) When the script kids and hackers make radars/automated scripts. (MacroQuest, anyone?) Again, when HZ has become so mainstream that those industrious little hackers bother adapting their code engines... We know HZ's alive.

Personally, I don't consider getting new subs and having them cancel after one or two months to be 'viable'

/setpref sarcasm false
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

There is another disparity, dont bother me none, but the dragons do have their public lairs set up, for building and use wise. Yes, we have fabric machines around in specific locations, but thats not quite the same as having public plots in any given area , unless its player owned built.

Thread Information