Thread: Skill level for storehouses

Default Skill level for storehouses

I'm building some t5 storehouses on my plot. One of my alts has been honing his skills so he can help in construction. After finishing my t4 silos his fitting skill is now high enough to make and apply mithril sheets. No wait, the skill on t5 storehouses is 900 minimum and 1200 optimal for sheets and such, the jointing and such are 1000 and 1300. On a normal t5 silo those skills are 800/1000 and 900/1100. I was wondering if this is a mistake or the developers are trying to make t5 work as hard as t6 used to be.

Default Re: Skill level for storehouses

T6 is the same. 1500 optimal cant remember the first number. And, actually, each teir is higher than the average regular silos. Its been reported.

There are a couple of issues, one an original design booboo and the other a miscalculation when assigning the values.

Since the beginning of the game, normal crafted items have followed a pattern of being optimal at (200 + (Tier - 1)*25) from the base difficulty. Adding materials to biped structures however was incorrectly excluded from following that pattern. The new structures reflect the correct range of difficutly for each tier, sort of.

T2 through T6 storehouses were incorrectly entered at 100 points over the normal difficulty. That issue has been corrected on the internal test server.

Any new structures to come will follow the correct difficulty range pattern. Whether the old structures will be fixed to conform is a good question to ask.

On the same note, the difficulty range progression on all items I have seen is broken at T5. Where if the pattern is followed correctly optimal would be at +300 from base, it is currently +275, the same as T4. T6 is kind of funky, some items begin at the normal difficulty of 1000 (construction materials) while other, usually considered less complex items like processed resources start at 1200. It would be nice to see some consistancy here.

I have very little experience in Lairshaping, but it is my understanding that it already conforms to the "correct" difficulty progression. Any lairshapers feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

*Edit*ack after rereading, my post sounded a bit too official. The info I have came in an email reply after asking about the exact issue.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; September 25th, 2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: too official sounding :p

I sooooo HATE mistakes, especially when its been mistaked for so long. ;( There is no way I can ever reach optimal for t6.
    Last edited by Peaches; September 25th, 2007 at 02:27 PM.

I am pretty sure we are not meant to reach opt at T6. That is why they set it the way they did.

This is true, and this is a mistake thats age old. All I do is building. It takes me a very long time, to solo build, which is what I choose to do. I will adjust, I get upset as the next person does, but will continue on my merry way of building each and every day, reguardless of what changes come up. I didn't know we werent suppose to be optimal, I sure aint building a journeyman shop, that takes such a short time to build anyway. But, I would love to see the reward for building an expert shop, other than it being a cookie cutter type structure, meaning they ALL look the same.

I will continue to do what I do best, and that is slowly plugging away on my t6 structures.

Oh my suggestion? Leave the existing built buildings the way they are. Leave the planned ones the way they are currently. Any new buildings, by all means, make them with the new *rules*. By new, I mean not what they are currently, cuz what they are currently is the mistaken way of being calculated.

It is their way of keeping T6 rare was my understanding why they did it as there is no plan for a T7, which of course years down the road could change.

Their mistake is going to cost us players, I am sure they will reach a fair and amicable agreement too. Just as they did with the dragons and their lairs.

I was refering to a t5 storehouse not a t6. Even t6 construction materials follow the same progression however. adding 200 to the optimal skill for applying to storehouses of any tier is a bit much.

Thread Information