Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When are we gonna see new badguys to kill?

Default When are we gonna see new badguys to kill?

When are we gonna get some new badguys to kill. I am wolf-spidered-beetled-blighted-golemed out. How about some orcs, goblins, or other demi-humans to slag. New monsters would be nice as well. For instance maybe a giant hydra or manticore. Is there a time line for new monsters showing up in-game?
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Default Re: When are we gonna see new badguys to kill?

I personaly do not want to see any "orcs, goblins, or other demi-humans". I would like to see other newer models Like a crystaline spider for dragon crystal as well as seeing some of the golem models changed so that they fit the material they are made of. Or just plan new monsters like the crabs and scorpins that were previewed last year.

New enemies using the same old abilities wouldn't be all that fun... some serious work for AI needs to be done.

New Critters Ideas:

1. I'ld like to reitterate the advanced wisp idea Awdz posted for me sometime back. Wisp Idea
    2. Crystal Golems: Golems harvestable for azulyte crystals. The named one could drop some awesome new armor/weapon/tool crystals. The basic form is allready created, not much needs changing to create this.
    3. Fossilized Treants: Treants that are made of stone and not wood. Could be harvestable, but mostly would just be kinda kewl.
    4. Slimes/Molds/Oozes: I know, I know, it's a staple of just about every game out there. They're still kewl. Having them able to split offshoots after doing enough damage to enemies would be kewl (It's now fed enough to fission into two equal parts)
    5. Necromantic Summoners: Bad mean critters that will raise its fallen comrades as zombies, skeletons and worse.
    6. Bug Swarms: I know you have flies, but a swarm would be practically immune to normal weapons, only AOE type spells and such should have much effect as a sword will pass through a swarm without hurting it much. (Just gotta buy that giant flyswatter!)
    7. Blighted Golems: Oh yeah. Like golems aren't bad enough as is.
    8: Immobile Enemies: Things like creeper vines, Crystalline Growths that attack with magic, etc.
    9: Dervishes: Whirling stones, blades and other debris. Animated by ancient evil magic, they strike at anything living.
    10: Much much more. But this is the General Forum so I'll call it quits here
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

I thought the crab and scorpion were very unimaginative, and not impressive additions to the Horizons bestiary. I've always really liked the Kwellens and especially the Vexators.

If 'most all the work has been done on the crab and scorpion, then they should be used of course; now is not the time to throw away invested efforts. Was any serious work done on Welgers (sp?)?
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata View Post
    I thought the crab and scorpion were very unimaginative, and not impressive additions to the Horizons bestiary. I've always really liked the Kwellens and especially the Vexators.
    I've liked those too. Out of the new mobs, I like the mimics the best. But even though crabs and scorpions are unimaginative, they still look cool, and much better than most of the older models do from 4-5 years ago.

For imaginative creatures, that's why I've always been a big proponent of Giant Killer Gophers. They look really cute until they SAVAGELY ATTACK YOU WITH THEIR GIANT FRONT TEETH. Like those little aliens from Galaxy Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata View Post
    Was any serious work done on Welgers (sp?)?
    Nope. There is a half-complete model, but that's it. Making them would be just like making a new thing from scratch.

Welger would be cool

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Here's my reply to that thing...

EEK!
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

Welgers were going to be a playable race at one point. But adding them in as new meanies might be fun too.

I like the ideas for newer mobs.

How about harpies. They could "mind control" you into attacking your own hunting partners for a few seconds.... THIS would make hunting more interesting for sure. Shamans would have some special mojo they could cast on say only 1 fellow group member every 10 minutes (effect lasts 5 min) that would make the player immune to mind control... OR a special shaman/voodoo-ish necklace, that shamans could craft (out of chicken feet and wolf claws, etc) could provide a high protection against mind control, but would have no other armor/health stats or even sockets... (some sort of tradeoff). OR, a crystal for jewelry could be made with 15% ward against mind control. Dragon's and sslisk's would be naturally immune. (You're Jedi mind tricks do not work on me!)

Fun stuff like that. mix it up, give each of the classes unique abilities that would help make them fun to play. i.e. give people a good reason to actually play AS a shaman rather than level it to 100 then switch schools to never go shammy again... (Shaman is a favorite example of mine, because I can think of so many fun, unique things they could do to that class that tie into what a stereotypical shaman can do outside of the Istaria world)

*Pulls out a microphone randomly from the air*
    This just in, news of some sort of new giant monster have been reported terrorizing a small village near Morning Light. People claim it to be some kind of mutant, pink, flabby thingy. *goes up to a random saris* Tell me sir in your own words, how did you feel when you first saw this creature?

*random saris* How did I feel? How did I FEEL!?! I was so scared that now I am losing all my darn fur! Have you ever seen a naked cat!? It isn't a good look!

Uh huh.... well thank you for your time.*walks away* Well there you have it. A giant monster that seems to mysteriously appear and disappear without a trace. While experts at The Empire claim it is just superstitious folks getting worried over nothing, it does make you wonder what evil may still lurk in the shadows..... watching us.

*quiet growl* What the.... *camara dies*

*A photo was taken by an innocent bystander to show us exactly what happen after the broadcast went off the air.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

How about more regular animals. Doesn't make much sense for a world to be populated mostly by ugly monsters that have no apparent niches in the ecosystem.

Examples:
    - tapir
    - buffalo
    - crocodile
    - impala
    - dingo
    - llama
    - bear
    - badger
    - wolverine
    - rhinoceros
    - koodoo

Of course, these may be derived into more original-looking models/textures, renamed, etc. But not with evil grimaces, teeth reminiscent of sabertooth tigers, and slime dripping across their fur.

Also, orcs were going to be a playable race. There is even art for them in the game files.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I want to see more than just new monsters. I also want to see better quests. Like needing to aquire somthing(s) in a difficult location to get to that requires killing to get to it, or destroy an oblisk that spawns defenders and requires defense tactics of friends while one person has to take the time to destroy it (it doesn't go down fast). Let's put some complexity into the quests.

I noticed that there is a file for Bison in Horizons.

I would also suggest:
    Sand Serpent (Tazoon does have a pretty big one, just waiting to be re-annimated to destroy the city as it is...)
    <descriptor> Jungle Snake, <descriptor> Water Snake
    rabbits
    birds, owls
    turtles

Or maybe some dangers that are more environmental like:
    Rock slide, quicksand, creeping vines was suggested

Monty Python Rabbits!

I want a leper gnome colony I can rampage around
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Durand View Post
    I noticed that there is a file for Bison in Horizons.
    Bison are T6 animals along the lines of cows and sheep and deer.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    ... or destroy an oblisk that spawns defenders and requires defense tactics of friends while one person has to take the time to destroy it (it doesn't go down fast).
    Sooo...... Kinda like a Blight Anchor.....?

Maybe some day they will take my idea of a scripted building event for the blight anchors to build beach heads like I suggested over in the suggestion forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri View Post
    Monty Python Rabbits!
    You played Asheron's Call, didn't you? hehe

Now I'd wish I had joined a group to go after the killer White Rabbit. *Based off of the white rabbit from Monty Phython's Holy Grail*
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

I'd love to see Nagas. *Though not Crisis*

There was a thread like this before HZ went live, and Nagas were a popular choice as I remember.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Bats...could be done like the necroflies mob.

Thread Information