Thread: Long ago beta player re-joining

Drachnyen

Default Long ago beta player re-joining

Well, I got a email from bowman asking for old players to rejoin.. now I was a bit surprised at it seeing as I never even played retail (too much turmoil at the end of beta) so I figured I'd give it another shot. Beta for the most part was fun, and enjoyed the company of my former guild, and even the dubiois attention I recieved from Kristen (who was a GM at the time.. dunno if she is anymore) who seemed to enjoy droping hoardes of spawns on me during events...

Anyway, giving it another go, my former beta name was already taken.. which im not surprised, so my new one is the same as my forum now. So I hope to see a few people soon :) my lil black dragon is currently running around New Trissmus on chaos if anyones intersted... its lonely out there, could use some company...

Vindi

Default Re: Long ago beta player re-joining

nice to see people from the beta giving the game a second shot, you will notice straight away its not the same game you left.

hope you enjoy your stay :)

Vindi

Welcome Back Drachnyen
    Kannibus
    Co-GM Crimson Legion
    100 Pali\68 Dru
    63 CRP\63 Wvr\50 Enc\41 Fit\41 Msn

Drachnyen

Quote Originally Posted by Vindi
    nice to see people from the beta giving the game a second shot, you will notice straight away its not the same game you left
    ya, for one all my old hunting grounds and mining areas in chiconis and dralk have dissapeared :(
    ah well, gives me an excuse to wander around aimlessly.. whcih isn'tr always a good thing [6]

Drask

wb [Y]

Brutis

welocme home, and be a joy to see you online[Y]

Drachnyen

Well, not quite home yet... more like a small apartment between residencies is about where im at now..

but yes, look forawrd to getting back into it, just still a bit leary bout it all to be honest. back in beta this game had alot of talk, with little follow through... and the talking has started to begin again...

Hello,

the world has changed drastically.

The game at the moment is still not completely "ready" to be in its full "quality" (there are several downtimes as the developers are rewriting huge loads of code to remove some 10 months old defects).

But you'll may appreciate the lots of new monsters and the fact that now your arse will be given back to you very liberally [:P], so no more easy "grinding to 100 in a week".

Mobs got their resistances and shields and healings (see treants) so in case you were more of the adventure type you should like it more than when you left it.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Welcome back! [:)]
    I'm from Order, so can't help you directly, but on Order New Brommel and Sslanis/Kion have more people on them, check them out.

Aye, welcome indeed!

There are a number of us - folks from Beta -who are still around. As has been noted, the current gameisvery different from what it was at launch. The community has changed a bit, also, and I think it's a lot more friendly & helpful that it was in the early months.

As for meeting new people, I'd suggest a) move to New Brommel and b) join General & Dragon chat. I know several guilds, including ours, were holding off on recruiting until the guild plot auctions were complete,but now that those are done I'm sure you should have no problem findinga guild you have a good fit with.

If I'm on this weekend and you need a cargo disk, give me a shout - I have some that I madeto give tonew players sitting on my water-muling goat girl in Kion.[:D]

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Eeyno

Yep it's great to see some of the old beta players returning. I've stuck with the game since beta. Wasn't real thrilled about the server merge since we had some of our plots established but we did end up getting a guild plot so it's nice to have all your friends as your neighbors. That was a nice touch that they added. They did rearrange the towns better for the tiers. If you are playing a dragon though they've made a lot of changes since beta. You get to quest for a lot of your skills every 10 levels. There used to be a really nice dragon guide on the old beta forums (tazoon) but since that appears to be down we'll have to hope for someone to rebuild it here.

If you need any help I'm on Chaos also so just give me a shout.

Drachnyen

nope, don't need help really. just per usual, always short on cash :). and have a strong dislike to creafting.. but seems that dragons now MUST craft in order to build up any kind of horde. which i don't like, there really needs to be some better stuff that drops thats worth adding to the horde. you get the occasional crystal, but your not gonna build up a decent horde any time quick relying on just those [:S]

BTW, iv moved on to kion/sslanis area, picking off spiders and a few treants

Blue_Moonrider

You could always get yourself a pet biped to help with the hoard issue. I know if I had a dragon bringing me material to craft with I would be more than happy to use if for xp. That being said ask around the trainer towns to see if you can start up an agreement or ask in general chat and maybe somebody will help you out *esp. if I happen to be on*

Drachnyen

well trouble with that is that dragons are pretty much required to be crafters as well. so theres little incentive to not craft our own stuff just to stick in our hordes :/

Thread Information