Thread: HZ patching things

Default HZ patching things

Hey again :P more annoying posts from the gryph.

In my ultimate quest to get HZ working on Vista, since I cannot seem to launch it from the webpage without IE locking up, I decided to poke around the launcher.ocx to see what methods it exposes and so on >.>

Using the information that comes in the source of the runGame.aspx file (same info you use to batch launch HZ), I managed to get the control to launch the patcher but... it doesn't know where to download the files from. The OCX exposes a method named SetSyncUrl which is not a standard ActiveX method, and it uses the same naming parameters as the other customer methods there so I believe it would be the URL for the patching server... Now...

Does anyone know this URL? :P. Not trying to hack the game, just trying patch it so I can get on with playing.

Default Re: HZ patching things

Actually, this is interesting...
    Plowing the forums I found a guy that said he unchecked the .NET patcher and it worked. I did the same and now IE doesn't lock up when I click Play HZ :O .. Amazing, innit? And here I thought it was a required checkbox. Regardless, it's patching now so I guess I don't need my custom patcher . In any case, we'll see if it runs once it's done.

Hope the HZ tech support people see this, and figure that the .NET patcher might be buggy with the 3.0 framework in Vista.

Thread Information