Thread: Monk Question

Default Monk Question

I'm a beta player, but never given the monk class much thought. I made a alt who is a monk, and got it to level 15. I plan on taking it to the top without merging. I'm wanting to know what i should train besides unarmed? I think perhaps evasion? What others? I like the unarmed combat, turning your body parts into a weapon thing. No not that body part... :P

Default Re: Monk Question

For a purebred monk, it's definitely unarmed and evasion you want. You're going to more or less have to take a craft up to get a good strength, though - it's hopeless otherwise.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

While I am a Flame Disciple, a lot of the same things apply to monk.

As Tramsan said, strength is by far the one thing crippling the monk and disciples. The best route to go in resolving this Is to take up the fitter craft.

Once I took fitter up to 100, I saw a major increase in damage. Had it not been for that, I'd be still gimped.

Teched gear is essential! From the best armor, to the highest handwraps and jewelry you can get.

Take warrior up to 2, bare minimum, for parry. A set of handwraps teched with parry and socketed are also greatly needed. Keep an eye out for STR and DEX crystals for you armor, necklace, and handwraps.

That's just a start on things. Also I would recommend you check out the Monk Issues List thread in the biped adventure forums. There can be a lot of useful information gleaned from the many posts there.

-Menkure
    Last edited by Menkure; September 26th, 2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Sphellign

Thank you much. I'll make sure i bring up fitter. So far I'm doing pretty good, not the best.

Thread Information