Thread: Best compliment to Healer class for new player?

Default Best compliment to Healer class for new player?

Hi all!

I've decided to play a Healer as my main (as I did on my previous visits to Istaria) but I remember with fondness my terrible damage output whilst playing. What class would you recommend as a good second class to buff my DPS output?

Ideally I don't want to have to be lugging about various suits of gear (remember that I'm new and low level!) so something with a crossover would be preferable.

Default Re: Best compliment to Healer class for new player?

I'm afraid there's not that much to do for a healer's damage output - they are healers, after all. If you want the damage in melee your best bet would be warrior. If you want it in magic it would be spiritist. sprt/hlr/dru is a very common combination (a bit too common, in my opinion. ), but usually healer isn't the primary class. Still, access to the spirit spells would give your healer a great deal more damage potential than using your mace would.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

and that would involve having both cloth and metal armours then yes? its not a massive problem, im just trying to figure out what to do before i start.

oops forgot to ask, how would you level such an entity? take a single class to 100? 50? 20? 10? before switching to the other? rotate every 10 levels? i dunno

Aye, sprt wears cloth, while healer wears ring/chain. If you want druid, too, that's hide/leather on top of the other two (though if you have a 100 craft, you could wear ironsilk instead.)

Personally I would probably keep healer around half the level of sprt until I hit 100. There's no clear "best way", so you do it as you like. Keeping healer much higher than sprt would probably not be very wise, though, since all your damage output comes from sprt, so you can't afford that to lag behind.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information