Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CHAR NAMES ISSUE - LUCA WE NEED ANSWERS NOW

Telic

Default Re: CHAR NAMES ISSUE - LUCA WE NEED ANSWERS NOW

I apologise if my remarks upset you, but in all honesty its a minor issue. There are much more important things the teams should be working on.
    The game is the important thing, as long as i can play it, i don't care what my name is suffixed with.

Well,

I guess there are also a lot of accounts from ppl who paid for a year and left. But the mess with the names....
    I think main function of a ingame char name is to identify a player - there are well known and there are strangers - I really don't think the current method is the best choice, it's just the easiest one to implement.
    Maybe looking for the last activity of a char ingame (last login) would be a good thing to think about too...

PS: I kept the name of my main and my alt, but don't think that the others aren'ttreaded well anyway

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

It could well be considered a minor issue to those of us without "- (enter server name here)" after our name, Telic, but to those affected by this it probably feels like a huge problem.

Soon we will experience the auctions and there will be people feeling raw and done unto from that. Some people will feel they have done badly from the auction and will need to write that here or in game in a chat channel. When they do, maybe those amongst us who managed to win a "good" plot should try to show a little understanding in any responses we make to them.

I have seen a few rather thoughtless remarks made with regards to the folks who need to have a name change, usually made by somebody without "- (enter server name here)" after their name. Whilst we cannot wave a magic wand and make their problem go away, we can at least show a little compassion as we thank our lucky stars that we did not find ourselves in the same boat.

I hope that I do not sound like I am trying to give you a telling off as I do believe that your apology in your post was genuine. It just seems that we sometimes forget to take a moment to consider how we would have felt had we been as unlucky as some of the other players in this name changing scenario. And, as I mentioned already, it is not over yet because we still have the plot auctions to come where there will be winners and losers too.

Good luck to all those that need to consider the name changing options and I will hope for a solution that satisfies you all.

Rainbow

Horatio

Quote Originally Posted by Telic
    I apologise if my remarks upset you, but in all honesty its a minor issue.
    It's not a minor Issue to me! It's a sodding great big MAJOR issue. My name in this game is more than just a set of ascii chars that differentiate me from everyone else. My name is my soul in terms of the game, it makes me what I am. It's how I identify myself,and more importantly, its how others identify me.

This is a 'role' playing game. How am I supposed to play a role if my name changes? Withoutmy name, I am just a noun.

H.

Kylia

----> Luca

Could you try, for once, to give me some other answers than the official bs you wrote in this topic ???

quote :
    Names of characters belonging to accounts unsubscribed before 1st September 2004 have been renamed directly with the _<shardname> extension before starting the real merge.

So if you got your name changed is because there's another character with the same name and older than yours and that character is still active.

The name change procedure will be managed through the support website a new ticket class should be available soon.

endquote/

I pointed out in my post that the ticket way to change names is just so lame ! people can go forever with sending name change proposals and get the answer that this name is already in use... why cann't we have the same name activation process that we do while creating a new char ???

Do you consider that your way to handle name conflicts is actually fair (considering the number of account still paid by players who left the game but are stuck with the 1 year subscription they choose...) ???

Could we imagine that under ticket request you can send us the e-mail address of people with whom we have name conflicts ?? (as I pointed out we actually have NO WAY to get in touch with these guys if our name belongs to one of their mule char unless we spam the market channel with ads every 10 minute !!!)

Why does players have to FIGHT ALONE on such a big issue ? We are getting no help except the "sorry you lost your name but go find a new one mate" stuff.

As Horation said our name is far most than just some letters we put togheter, it's the way people know us, some lads have a reputation out there, they may be active crafters this is how we call the little picture which is our reason to play that game ******** !!

Please Luca come down here and post some answers (especially about e-mail stuff as I know you HAVE this information) we need it badly and rather soon.

Regards,

Kylia

lol absolutely no way are E-Mails going to be given out m8 (think about it)[*-)]

As I said I agree it's a pain for those people who now have their name as 'name_shard'. Unfortunately this situation can only be resolved by individuals changing their char names. Either that or a continued onslaught of posts of complaint, which although may help people vent their frustration it wont actualy resolve anything!

Kylia

Dear Taynn...

Is that one of Luca's nicknames you're using to answer posts in an anonymous way ???

Because as far as I remember my post started with something like... ----> Luca

Therefore, even if you're feeling in a "good samaritain" mood and had the impression that what you're thinking about my post is relevant to me, please be assured that it's not the case.

I'm waiting for Luca's words here, thx in advance.

Regards,
    Kylia

Valfreyja

Dear Kylia

I would suggest you use the PM option if you don't want anyone else commenting or answering your questions.

Another sugestion - that you are unlikely to take - is to be polite when asking.

Regards,

Kylia

Quote Originally Posted by Valfreyja
    Dear Kylia

I would suggest you use the PM option if you don't want anyone else commenting or answering your questions.

Another sugestion - that you are unlikely to take - is to be polite when asking.

Regards,
    Valfreyja,

I would have had use the PM option if I thought that the answer to my questions were only concerning my little own case... But we are not talking about 1 or 2 people who accidentaly lost their names here, their are dozens of people in this case who may greatly appreciate a little more attention.

And as to polite, please quote me any "name calling" you may have spotted in my posts and I'll be glad to apologize. Calling wrong answers (not even given intime) "bs" is not being impolite it's about telling the truth.

Regards,
    Kylia

Jaelle_earth

Dont know what to say, i lost my name also, its a shame i probably lost it because i canceled my subscription, but i did that because i payed for one full year of service in advance, but as luka said people who canceled subscriptions lost their names directly because paying customers have the advantage of being labeled active i am active also for at least half another year i've only canceled subscription so that my acoount will not automatically rebilled if im not up to it or even unemployed or something like this such things happen pretty fast in germany nowadays, looks like im labeled inactive for that reason? Seems some peoplehaven't thought the issue over enough before editing names but wth i will stay Jaelle_earth until i get my name back or until forever Jaelle is my characters name and it will stay this way if theres no way to correct the issue.

I bump you..

time for them to wake up
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

cloud

doesn't something as last names exist btw??? i mean if a player has another lastname what's the problem..... it's not there are no people with the same first names in RL... and you can keep them appart by using last names (duh:P)
    just a thought..

Kylia

Well, thanks for all your answers Luca, I'm sure every player who lost his name(s) greatly appreciate your concern about this case.

I still have no clear ideas about whether I'll change my name or not but I clearly lost any faith I could have had put in you, GN or anyobdyin the EU management side.

I cannot recall how much this last 2 months have been wasted by.... well I've no idea by who and I don't care but the facts are here.

I read in one of your posts that a World Master will be online when the shard will come up today (well it was announced for yesterday but... strange things always happen innit ?). I cannot tell you HOW MUCH we need it and HOW MUCH everybody will be so disappointed not to see the needed work done... (crafting stations anyone ?)

At least Icould feel proud to be still playing this game (must be addicted now) as I'm sure every other MMORPG players will look at us (horizons players),in the futur, as the most dedicated (or blind) players of all time [:P]

Thanks again Luca or whoever I should thanks,really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Kylia

Well.. Spirit is Spirit_wind... I'm hardly surprised! But I did create him on day of release, but someone beaten me I guess. Support have told me that the current Spirit is an active account, so I am monitoring the name on my player list and sending a /tell to Spirit to test that also. There's only so much I can do. At the moment I cannot see any evidence that this is a currently played account; perhaps they paid for a year on day of release?

I'm playing as Rakku for now, which will probably become my main to get to ancient. I'll leave Spirit_wind alone until I either see an Active Spirit, until which time I'll send to support every 3 weeks or so to check.

I'm certainly not going to get sour about it; annoyed yes! But posting that here won't change anything.

I've got a few jokes I'm gonna post on the forum...[:P]

Spirit

...I fail to see what more answers you need. All players are stored. The oldest one with an identical name gets to keep it. Contact support to change it. Simple. This has been told about and known about for three months now, since the first talk of concolitation, and repetedly so. Paradise contacted support the other day and had her fixed the following day. Deal with it...

There's little point for Luca to comment much more, because this issue is quite clear. Read the info on the log-in site...

Amonai

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    Well.. Spirit is Spirit_wind... I'm hardly surprised! But I did create him on day of release, but someone beaten me I guess. Support have told me that the current Spirit is an active account, so I am monitoring the name on my player list and sending a /tell to Spirit to test that also. There's only so much I can do. At the moment I cannot see any evidence that this is a currently played account; perhaps they paid for a year on day of release?

I'm playing as Rakku for now, which will probably become my main to get to ancient. I'll leave Spirit_wind alone until I either see an Active Spirit, until which time I'll send to support every 3 weeks or so to check.

I'm certainly not going to get sour about it; annoyed yes! But posting that here won't change anything.

I've got a few jokes I'm gonna post on the forum...[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Spirit
    There used to be a Spirit on Ice a while back. In fact he was in the same guild as me back then, he was even in beta with me (he also went by the name of Ullisses I believe). But he's been away for quite a while now as far as I know.
    So now I can only see 3 possibilities:
    - there was another Spirit on Earth that ALSO created on release day (seems kinda unlikely to have 3 chars on 3 servers all created by different people on the same day).
    - the account of the Spirit that was on Ice is still active (also unlikely since I haven't heard from him in a long time myself, why would he still be paying after he left?).
    - the software that determines if a name is already in use by an active account isn't quite doing it's job correctly.

Amonai

Oh and just to add, I'm quite pissed myself that I have to get a new name for BOTH my characters. Ryana I created only a few months ago, so I can understand that, but Rhuarc I made at the beginning of January (I had another character from 5th December but I wasn't satisfaied with how he turned out, so I made Rhuarc). Rhuarc has been my main ever since, and after spending a gazillion hours and reaching 4x level 100 I'm feeling very annoyed to give him a new name...

Quote Originally Posted by Amonai
    There used to be a Spirit on Ice a while back. In fact he was in the same guild as me back then, he was even in beta with me (he also went by the name of Ullisses I believe). But he's been away for quite a while now as far as I know.
    So now I can only see 3 possibilities:
    - there was another Spirit on Earth that ALSO created on release day (seems kinda unlikely to have 3 chars on 3 servers all created by different people on the same day).
    - the account of the Spirit that was on Ice is still active (also unlikely since I haven't heard from him in a long time myself, why would he still be paying after he left?).
    - the software that determines if a name is already in use by an active account isn't quite doing it's job correctly.
    Spirit_wind Mountain created on 12/12/2003 at20:24:06 (active account)
    Spirit Carpediem created on 11/12/2003 at 20:39:48 (active account)

Take care,
    Luca

Amonai

He's still active? Wow haven't seen him log in in months.

But thanks, that answers it.

Thread Information