Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: drakul's heart... it's not just for dragons anymore...

Default Re: drakul's heart... it's not just for dragons anymore...

You're not looking at this right.
    Biped goes through portal -> right into large open jaws of hungry Dragon.

What you need now, is some more portals, divided into size, and called Breakfast(gnomes), Lunch(humans), Dinner(half giants) & Snacking(dryads).

Obviously the mealtimes would be noted on the Island side of the Portals ^^

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

I heared a rumor in a dev talk that they wanted to activate PVP on the island to see if something interesting would happen. (smirks)
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Hehe, rumors schumors................................

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    Not a dragon, never going to be a dragon, never been to Drakul and dont care. This thread is pretty Orwellian , reminds me of a line from animal farm, "all animals are equal, except pigs". Dragons are welcome in every biped world, not sure why they would think they need their own world. Always loved mmos because race , religion and nationality mean nothing , we all play and dont even know what we are in real. Kudos to the dragons , for trying to bring the worst of humanity into istaria. Exclusion is bigetry, like you say theres nothing there so unless invited to visit why would a biped ever go, seems to me they wont.
    I am a dragon, never wanted to go to Drakul, never wanted a lair there, never wanted to be seperated from the other races of Ishtaria, but this kind of thing in my opinion is supposed to be part of history, Lunus generally don't care for the other races, and don't want to share space with them. I thought the whole idea of a place that bipeds could not go that only dragons could for these personallities was a wonderful novelty. Too bad if gulds built plots there and have bipeds or if you have a lair there and have a biped, mabe that should have been considered when you bought it. I think that the portal detracts from the uniqueness of the location.

Don't live on drakul and very rarely go there.

But this blows. Drakul is a dragon haven not a biped resort. This has nothing to do with balance, these islands are home to dragons who want to get away from bipeds once in a while. Just another blow to the meaningless division between helian and lunus.

Storyline.....whats that?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I agree that this should have nothing to do with balance. Even though I never visit Drakul, I think it is completely against the storyline to allow bipeds access to it. It was even said that they never would be able to. And of all the dragon islands, it just has to be DRAKUL, doesn't it? Not Serenity? And like others have said, the portal, of all places, is beneath Dralk.

You want balance? You want T5 resources? Too bad, there are other places to get those, and, frankly, if there was more "balance" then dragons would be more multi-classed. Maybe someday they could open up a biped-only island with red walls around it so dragons couldn't get in. Fine. Couldn't care less. That would be one place I won't have to go only to be lagged to death by biped plots.

Anywho.. RP-wise, I guess we could all just say it was cleverly put there by us Lunus to tempt the bipeds in for a nice snack.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

If you don't want bipeds on Drakul, don't finish the chambers to the portal.

'sides... There's always The Rift.

well the portal leads to nowhere so you can be happy.
    And, I was told (can't remember who told me, I have short memory...) that the Dralk lair has been built to connect Lunus lands with Fiends land cause they are allies. That can explain the portal too. *sighs*

Aw, crud. I made that angry rant for nothing then didn't I!

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Portals have to be activated by Devs IIRC. So it wouldn't lead anywhere until one of them activated it.

If this portal really does lead to Drakul, then I'd suspect that this change was made to pacify all the whiners who complained that their biped alts couldn't access their storage.

Okay I don't really care about Drakul but I had been saying since beggining that is was unfair to have a dragon only area in an online game. Opening it up might not have been the best solotion but it doesn't matter. I honestly think having drakul dragon only and then creating an island that is biped only would be kinda cool and balanced. But then you just know that dragons would complain about there being a biped only area that they can't get to. :P

As for the whiners that complain about their biped not being able to access storage I saw screw em. I mean they KNEW Drakul was dragon only when they got the lair. It's one of the main reasons I didn't get a lair there as my boyfriend plays an elf and being able to share my lair with him was important.
    Last edited by Nayuaka; October 6th, 2007 at 08:07 PM.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

What an offensive thread, seriously.

I say either leave the island as it is and remove access to the beginner areas from all dragons, or sink the island all together.

From the way some of you have been acting, I'd personally prefer if they locked all of you up on that island and red-walled it.

Calling bipeds whiner, sheesh, mirror much?

well, i know there is an outbond portal from drakul's heart now, which i am glad for, but an inbound accessable to bipeds? they have no reason to go to drakul, they need no portal. if i want a biped at my lair, i'll carry them when carrying ability is added, drakul is Dragon territory, period. i don't care if there is no biped equivellent, that's because bipeds can't fly, of course dragons can get to places bipeds can't.

of course, teh simple way to prevent it is to not build the portal, dragons have to build it, so we can simply not build it.

TwT Geez, what a mess. Look, the room containing the portal is already FINISHED. The portal doesn't work: I don't know, probably needs to be activated or something.

Stop getting all riled over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Portals have to be activated by Devs IIRC. So it wouldn't lead anywhere until one of them activated it.

If this portal really does lead to Drakul, then I'd suspect that this change was made to pacify all the whiners who complained that their biped alts couldn't access their storage.
    Well in that thread I've mostly seen Dragon whining.
    Give me a single valuable reason why Drakul should be dragon only.

I don't get why you people find this thread offensive. Drakul being on its own apart from bipeds folows the supposed politics of the game. I would applaud keepin it that way, unless there is a new story arrising to explain the reasoning for the portal. Seriously some keeping strictly to the factioning and lore of the game would make it really more of a ROLLPLAY game like it's supposed to be as well as interesting. I like the idea of a misterious place that dragons go that no biped has ever seen, it adds a lot of flavor to rollplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Well in that thread I've mostly seen Dragon whining.
    Give me a single valuable reason why Drakul should be dragon only.
    To be perfectly Henry (or Frank, whichever it is), I don't really care about the accessibility of this island one way or the other. There are 2 things I do care about however, and this issue relates to them:

1) Sometimes there can be Lore for the sake of Lore. There is no need, from a gameplay standpoint, to have this island as either "free access for all" or "dragon only". Gameplay wise it doesn't matter. But from a Lore perspective it does matter.

Since making this island open to all won't enhance gameplay, but it will detract from the Lore and background story of the game, it shouldn't be done. If there were a gameplay reason for this, I wouldn't mind this change. But there isn't, so I do. I don't say this because I'm an RPing Lunus dragon. My main is a biped, and I dislike RP. But I like Lore. Lore is fun; it makes the world seem more alive. Each time Lore is removed from the game (without a good reason) it takes something away from Istaria.

2) The constant barking back and forth between factions who can't see one another's perspective bothers me. Sometimes people need to take a step back and look at the other guy's point of view. Try to understand why they want the things they want, and compare it to what you want. Maybe you can compromise, maybe you can't. But at least make the effort. I don't see most people doing this though, with this issue or any other.

This doesn't mean people can't argue, it just means that they need to realize that most other people are *not* out to get them, or to destroy their class, or species, or their fun. And while sometimes the rants presented by other people are silly and off-centre, there is usually some small grain of truth in them. If any of us just took the time to acknowledge that any given person may have some small point (sometimes really small:P), it would pacify them and we'd all have a lower blood pressure.

I agree, while the constant war against the WA has in a sence lessened the tensions between the various races and factions, in no way should these things be totaly erased from the game. There should be an underlying current to add flavor and the fact that these are different races and cultures means that they'll not be holding hands (or claws) and singing all the time, there's going to be tension and fights. Drakul's heart is a good example, its small remote and consist of only lairs. For those who have ped alts, I would assume you wouldnt get a lair at the top of a mountain that your ped couldnt walk up the same should be true for getting a lair on a dragon only island. The same holds true for guilds. Why get a guild plot that has only lairs when the guild has a mixture of dragon and peds? Wouldnt it make more sence to get a plot with both lair and regular plots?
    Furthermore last I heard, Drakul didnt have a guild plot on the live servers. There was one on Blight but it never made it to live before the buyout as far as I know.

If the peds really want an island of their own have it set so far out taht it cant be reached by dragon (unless they want to spend a loooong time in flight), or even set it up like the newb islands, as far as I know the only way to them is via portal.

For those of you who don't know Pryde, he's a biped and disappointed that a biped portal is being opened to Drakul - especially under Dralk. As said earlier, lore makes for an interesting world and losing lore doesn't enhance the world. I sure hope some Dev has a good story line to explain it.

The debate between biped/dragon and balance has gone on for a long time. Believe it or not there is a balance, fighting side by side we are stronger than one race alone. There are battles I've fought beside an Ancient Dragon that I'd not have survived if it had been a biped and I'm sure there are dragons that have felt the same way. Each has strengths and weaknesses. We don't want all races/classes so balanced that they are all the same.

As a pure spell caster the latest changes to spell timers has reduced some of my strengths but it was a long overdue "balance" and I support it. Being able to continuously stun a mob until it was dead was a bit rediculous (as an aside I remember when heals went on shared timers and as a healer I noticed the change but it was needed). The challenges to adapt have been fun. So the dev's are thinking about where we are going. There are some schools, and dragon may be one of them, that could use an extra spell or two so they don't have to reach for the bolt spell because all the others are greyed out.

When Horizons went live dragons were missing so much! Over the years they have gained a lot - many will argue it was deserved and more is needed. It certainly wasn't fair that dragons could only have limited involvement in the early crafting world events, lairs were late arriving and growing up wasn't really possible. But spare a thought for bipeds too. The biped world has not grown so much. We have gained a couple of epic spells and a few quest items but lost many more. That's not a lot of new content for the years HZ has been going.

The balance I'd like to see is a bit more content love for bipeds. Something new that doesn't involve repeated killing of near impossible mobs to find random bits of an item.

You can agree or disagree but I feel better now I've had my rant

I've got many biped friends, However I think as others have stated, lore wise Drakul is supposed to be biped-inaccessible. There's no reason story-wise to change that.

Now, if it is to allow ALTS of dragons, who OWN a plot on Drakul, access to Drakul, this is enough of a compromise that I'd agree with it.

If it's a wide open gate for any and all bipeds, I'd say thats a bad idea unless some really good new lore accompanies it to explain it.

Thread Information