Thread: Helian ?

Default Helian ?

Rant on.

Why do Helian Dragons get the shaft so to speak everytime.

1.) Ice claws changed to Gold rage and then later linked to T&C from primal skill.

2.) Now Linked spells bone Helian's even more.

3.) No Goldburst to replace Goldstrike.

Why keep killing us why even give us spells lol.

Please do something a quest that let's us get a real spell casting skill line something I dont know but this sux's.

Rant off.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Default Re: Helian ?

Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    Rant on.

Why do Helian Dragons get the shaft so to speak everytime.

1.) Ice claws changed to Gold rage and then later linked to T&C from primal skill.

2.) Now Linked spells bone Helian's even more.

3.) No Goldburst to replace Goldstrike.

Why keep killing us why even give us spells lol.

Please do something a quest that let's us get a real spell casting skill line something I dont know but this sux's.

Rant off.
    Agreed ! Give us Goldburst and unlink the spells ! without that we're no equal to Lunus.

/signed

Give the biped-huggers what they want, or they will bury us all with books!

(books make Takoras head hurt!!!)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Grr. Helians do NOT have to be casters! Just like Lunus do NOT have to be melee! Helians are only "shafted" by their blind obedience to a faction stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Grr. Helians do NOT have to be casters! Just like Lunus do NOT have to be melee! Helians are only "shafted" by their blind obedience to a faction stereotype.

They do not have to but those that are want better spells !

I want to be a spellcasting dragon, not a melee dragon then-- look at it this way if you don't like the terms that are being used. Us spellcasting dragons are getting the shaft it seems, and though who want to be spellcasters are most often Helian, though they don't have to be. On top of that, I don't like the Lunus attitude. (Just tired of evil dragons in stories out to destroy towns and cities of the lesser races and that only think of them as food)

Oh, I agree. Dragon could use one or two more spells. Maybe another damaging single target spell. Or a non-Breeze-type heal. And Gold Burst. But I disagree that the class is broken with the introduction of non-linked spells.

I'll also note something else. Currently, there is no such thing as a dragon caster school or a dragon melee school. There are dragons. That means using the best of both worlds, melee and casting. (Otherwise, I challenge you to find a melee dragon that doesn't use promote vitality, true grit, or any of the breeze spells.)

Even though I don't play a Helian dragon, I completely agree. Right now there really is no difference between the two factions at all. In fact, if there were more and better spells dragons could use, I'd probably create a Helian alt. You know, for something different.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Well there are some differences in small bonuses and crystals you get in either side, but I'm not sure if they make that big of a difference, I do wish they would throw somthing to make it a more diverce difference.

Oh, I agree. Dragon could use one or two more spells. Maybe another damaging single target spell. Or a non-Breeze-type heal. And Gold Burst. But I disagree that the class is broken with the introduction of non-linked spells.
    Well, actually, the class IS still broken, just like a number of other biped classes, which linked spell timers only made worse. Yes, it is the first step in fixing things, but that particular fix should have been made as part of a larger game mechanics "adjustment" sweep which would have made the nerf a less bitter pill to swallow.

I'll also note something else. Currently, there is no such thing as a dragon caster school or a dragon melee school. There are dragons. That means using the best of both worlds, melee and casting. (Otherwise, I challenge you to find a melee dragon that doesn't use promote vitality, true grit, or any of the breeze spells.)
    That may be, but few Dragons are going to split their training points evenly between casting and melee because it simply makes them sucky in both. Quite a few melee Dragons actually do have to put points into Primal, just to be able to cast the highest-skill spells at all. Generally, the idea is to put TPs into specific stats/skills which maximize your effectiveness in a specific fighting style. Since you can't just constantly change back and forth, people tend to get used to and perfect a particular style. Thus, if you choose to be the absolute best Dragon caster you can be, a la putting all your TPs into Primal and Power/Focus (and maybe some in health), then you are at a serious disadvantage because the absolute best Dragon caster falls way behind the absolute best Dragon melee warrior, and with linked spell timers, even moreso now.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information