Thread: The Promote Vitality line of augmentations now have constraints so ....

Default The Promote Vitality line of augmentations now have constraints so ....

If you read the last patch note you see ...

The Promote Vitality line of augmentations now have constraints so that only players of the proper level may receive the augmentation.

The issue with this is, the spell book is way too small. [:@]

As soon as you have a second class of spell casting (my case; cleric & speritist), there is no way I can keep all theirs spell that my class can cast. Thereis no way I can keep Tier1/2 spells in my list, and have my Tier3 (need when my DP too high) and all my Tier4 spells.

Personnaly I see the following scenarios:

A) Increase the spell book size (at least 3 times the actual one) to accomodate the fact we need to keep the Tier1 spell to buff our guildmate and co-adventurer.

B) Record the spell type (name) versus the exact tier for the maximum spell. I.E.: if I register "revitalized" in my spell book, I can learn all 6 tiers and the quick/power/purifying type versions of that same spell.

C) Let us cast the higher tier spell and pro rata the applied bonus according to level.

In my book the pro rata, is for the players the easiest one to live with. Because I believe what your affraid here is, the fact that low level characters get's huge bonus and go level al much better protection then your designed had planned. Personnaly I have no issue with this, but hey, your the game designer. [;)]
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Default Re: The Promote Vitality line of augmentations now have constraints so ....

** Nals, please don't use that yellow or white for your text. With the generic theme set it is very difficult to read. **

Promote Vitality 3, 4 and 5 all have thier min lv for target set 20 lvs too high.
    Example: PV3 iscastable at lv 49 yet target is required to be lv60 min.

As to spell book capacity AE is working on a spell archive system. This would allow a much greater # of spells to be scribed at the same time and reduce or eliminate the need to delete spells. The catch is that archived spells can not be cast.So while a large # may be scribed into your book, only the non archived spells can be cast. Rumor is that the # of 'ready' spells will be less than 100; possibly 50 or 75.

Default Re: The Promote Vitality line of augmentations now have constraints so ....

true that the spellbook is too small. But dragons (who cast promote vitality) dont have problems with spellbook size, as there are enough spells not casted anymore if the spellbook ever gets full

Promote Vitality has been fixed internally. Should patch to Blight with delta 56.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

anyone know which delta we're now on?
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Ah, sorry. Should have clarified. NA shards are on 55. Should go to Blight this next week.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I dont see what the big deal is dragons have very few spells even with all of them they still dont over fill are spell book.

I'll have to agree with blue here, the bipedal augmentation line is much larger than five tiers of promote vitality. Just one tier of augmentations includes the following:

Gift of Alacrity
    Gift of Speed
    Gift of Strength
    Gift of Dexterity
    Gift of Focus
    Gift of Power
    Gift of Toughness
    Enhance Strength
    Enhance Dexterity
    Enhance Focus
    Enhance Power
    Raise Strength
    Raise Dexterity
    Raise Focus
    Raise Power
    Swift Feet
    Surge of Strength
    Surge of Dexterity
    Surge of Focus
    Surge of Power

Multiply that by five tiers and you have 100 spells just for augmenting.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'd like to see a better system for initializing what spells/forms/techs a player has when logging in. Stick some encrypted file entailing all knowledge a person has in the client directory, then do a checksum on the same data stored server-side. If they're the same, pull the spells out locally instead of having to download every single spell (with tech configuration), form, and technique one every time you log in. If they're different just pull the knowledge the slow way off the server for consistancy.

My thoughts at least, I'm no programmer.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Good change, now can you please up the armor a tad?[um]

Hmmm... Cool to know that the Promote Vitality error is fixed and is implemented in Delta 56... [:D]
    But since Unity Shard is still at Delta 53-54 (I think)... [^o)]
    We will probably have to wait for quite some time (matter of months maybe?)... [:'(]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

we will get all updates this week if i understood GN right

our only price is: extended downtimes =)

Thread Information