Thread: Levelling strategies for those under level 80

Arjuna

Default Levelling strategies for those under level 80

Hello everyone,

I just rejoined after a few months off and the current character I am playing is a 31 gatherer. I have been having some trouble levelling him and was wondering if anyone had some strategies they used. Gatherer is my only crafting class on this character, so I can't just get tier 5 resources and powerlevel myself (which seems to be the only suggestion I have heard from anyone). Currently I am abusing the max storage capacity by gathering elm sap in huge amounts and then making elm leather tanning like a madman, but even that seems slow going.

With vaults becoming useless again in the near future, I need to find a good spot on Chaos to level gatherer. Thus far I have only been able to find tier 2 resources near vaults, but not a single one near any sort of processing station to speak of. Also, I can't find any quests worth doing that would increase my exp by any worthwhile amount. I thought when I left that the devs had fixed imperial resource parcel quests so that tier 2 and above parcels would work... but I guess that never happened since I can't seem to find any more of the quest givers for that quest.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arjuna

Menedaus

Default Re: Levelling strategies for those under level 80

My suggestion would be to get a good deal of lumbering equipment and make massive amounts of elm boards, there's a woodstation out in the elm between dalimond and chiconis. You could offer other crafters the boards if you like, or destroy them, but that seems like the best exp you'll probably be able to get at this point.

Drunkenmonkey

go to darvus on scorp isle, its got a player built vault, and a little bit west is a elm field with a lumber camp

I think Darvus is over there near Elmnic... I would do wood there until lvl 40 then swap to either Heather or Trandalar.. and do wood till lvl 60 or so.. then head to Feladan and work bright Essence till 80+.

Just what I found to be fairly reasonable..

Justan aside... you may want to be fairly good in adventuring before heading out to heather, as there are Oak treants out there.. and they can be quite hazardous if you cannot withstand their attacks.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

for gatherer, I found making tannin the best exp by far!
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

For gatherer, I used tainted orbs(in this case pale) are the best...but I never did try Tannin.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

I've found that processing fungi gives very good xp too. I forget the name of the player who mentioned it in game but thanks for the tip
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Fungal processing did not exist in its current form at the time of the initial posts in this thread. 8P
    Originally the only mushroom crafting was Fungal Hide processing, turning fungal hides into the normal hide strips used to make leather armor, and there were no tiers of mushrooms, only one low level type.
    The tiered fungal cap processing (which as of yet doesn't make anything useable by a leatherworker or anyone else) was only introduced a few months ago.

Thread Information