Thread: Problem when running 2 subs

Default Problem when running 2 subs

When i'm logged in once i'm playing fine , no lag etc everything is smooth .

However , when i make use of my second subscription on my secondary machine i get a few problems .

The first problem :-
    The game ( second sub on second comp ) will regularly fail to load completely before being shutdown by a " communication " error .

Specs on the secondary comp are :- Athlon64 3000 , ATI x1300 512mb gfx , 1gb DDR , Onboard AC97 sound , Windows XP pro with SP2 , .net 2.0 .

When it does load properly it takes around 10-15 mins before i am able to control the character .

Ingame settings on GFX everything is on as low as it will go and sound is disabled .
    Graphics driver is the Catalyst 6.10

Second problem is :

When i do manage to get the game loaded on the above mention comp , when i'm trading between the 2 chars i'm getting tremendous amounts of latency which quite often results in the msg " trade has timed out " in the trade window or a complete disconnection and client shutdown .

Specs on main machine are :- PentiumD 3.4ghz dual cpu , 2gb DDR , 7900gs 256mb , SoundBlaster X-Fi ( no problems at all arising from the sound card ) , Windows XP pro SP2 .

I'm playing form the UK and my ISP is British Telecom on the " upto 8mb " ADSL - my connection speed is actually 3.5mb and i'm using the BT Home Hub .
    Main computer is Wired , Secondary is Wireless .

Any help would be appreciated .

Default Re: Problem when running 2 subs

Secondary is Wireless .

Have you tried wiring this computer?.

This may sound daft but it seems as though you are networking your second wireless computer via your wired main computer.

The wireless on the secondary computer goes direct to the BT Homehub ( which is a router and ADSL modem rolled into one ) then to the internet .
    It definately doesn't connect via the main comp .

The main comp also goes direct to the Homehub then to the net .

Tried setting portforwarding , but it makes no difference to the latency problem i'm suffering when running 2 characters.

Forgot to mention i only get this when running Horizons on both comps , i can run DAoC , EvE , RFO etc on both comps at the same time without this problem .

quick question can you run the 2nd account on the 2nd computer fine when the first computer isn't playing Hz?
    Last edited by Helious; October 13th, 2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spell demon
    Am gonna hit an inanimate object with another inanimate object for awhile, then i'm gonna hit an animate object with a different inanimate object. And they said MMORPG's were limited in scope Pah!

After trying it wired , wireless , etc nothing was making a difference ( even running it on its own ) .

So , i disabled the Onboard sound , and Bing !! , success , game loads in about 30 secs flat and runs with no problems at all .

*So , i disabled the Onboard sound , and Bing !! , success , game loads in about 30 secs flat and runs with no problems at all .*

Good news, AC97 did ring a bell with me but wasn't sure, glad you are sorted out.

Thread Information