Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seconard Rites for Early Fliers?

Default Re: Seconard Rites for Early Fliers?

((It would be nigh impossible to have every dragon go through it, nor would it be particularly fair. The Community Rites have developed: They are completely optional, open to everyone and not just early fliers, and in general fun. Unfortunately, Mae is out of action for RP reasons, so if someone wants to take up the reigns, feel free ; p You can find all the Trials we planned in the Community Board section.

Also, if a biped wants to do biped versions of these 'rites' feel free, though as a dragon I'm certainly no expert on biped Istarian society ;p))
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

This is my issue with these rites. They won't change anything and the earlier fliers will still have the stigmata associated with ascending early as well as the problems that occur from it. Which it is more than just the level 50 scale.

So, how exactly are these community rites supposed to change a thing? Or is it just a personal rite that is supposed to make the one who took thier RoP too early feel better about themsevels?

I for one stick to how things have been done and I have reasons that go beyond that scale, especially from what I've seen of a handful of players who have ascended early. But as you said you're done arguing it, and it exists, but if so, then why stir things up by creating such a method that won't change the meat of the matter?

Yes you can have your community rites, but know that it probably won't change how players have their views and treat early fliers based on those views, so I ask, what's the point?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Tho, I agree with you and have stated such conserns in previous post. Maekrux's hope is that this will help to heal the divide that's happened, and I for one applaude the effort.
    For the most part I dont mind the occasional IC debate between the pro's/con's of when to asscend. It's those few people who use it as an ooc attack, disguised poorly as an IC comment that really and truely get under my skin. It is these people who will use these rites as an excuse to further greif others based on their playstyle/choises. Now instead of a lvl 35 adult asking where x mob or y reasorce is and getting an uncalled for and rude comment from some ***, They'll first ask if they've done their secondary rites and then use that as extra harassment. Quite frankly its no wonder that some early fliers quit, I've been tempted a few times myself.
    Thankfuly Mae and others have stated they will not tolerate that.

As for me, I'll continue to offer my support to anyone and everyone who asks a question, and call out those who use lvl as an excuse to harass others, regaurdless of how many nasty tells they send me.

True. I'm not one of those who would ask such tho. I just wouldn't accept it myself. My views are a bit odd to the norm I guess. There are other things that allow me to eventually accept an early flier, but those take massive amounts of time or effort, not a rite, to fix. Others might however but that is up to them. I just wondered what the use of it was and if it will make any difference to the views already had as it is apparent they already exist, have, and will probably continue to do so.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

well they'd really hate me then..Im' level 90 and I still ask where everything is....*chuckles*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information