Thread: Thank you Horizons Staff

Default Thank you Horizons Staff

For taking the time, to work with me for the past few days, on coming up with a resolution , or close to it, for my accounts. I deeply appreciate the time you have spent with helping to get this situation resolved, or close to being resolved.

You folks are the same breed of past, rightly so, in which you take the time to answer my tickets in a timely manner. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Thank you Horizons Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    For taking the time, to work with me for the past few days, on coming up with a resolution , or close to it, for my accounts. I deeply appreciate the time you have spent with helping to get this situation resolved, or close to being resolved.

You folks are the same breed of past, rightly so, in which you take the time to answer my tickets in a timely manner. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah big thank you for what you did, you all deserve a hug, especially you Reyem ! you know why ! *hugs Reyem*

Woot we should throw a party form them! Afterall, nothing says thank you like booze and nachos. Someone, get the ale!

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

hehe.. funny thing is with the new event, they're throwing us a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Woot we should throw a party form them! Afterall, nothing says thank you like booze and nachos. Someone, get the ale!
    a party??? they give priority to individual needs over the needs of the whole unity shard??

they dont deserve a party!

I get that u are annoyed but there's no need to rain on someone else's parade.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Thag... make a toon on Chaos or Order and come enjoy the game and make the best of the situation. If their goal is to move you guys over to Order/Chaos ... why not make a new toon now and get to know us better.. get a feel for the server.. etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewood View Post
    Thag... make a toon on Chaos or Order and come enjoy the game and make the best of the situation. If their goal is to move you guys over to Order/Chaos ... why not make a new toon now and get to know us better.. get a feel for the server.. etc....

i did ... got till lvl 32 dragon hatchie even... it was fun, with the unity guild on chaos, but after the billing system was in place and we had to pay before even seeing our characters back i decided this was not right... especially with the VI's silence around importing our characters

Vi is silent, but not because they do not care. It's because they are waiting until they are absolutely sure that transfers can be pulled off without a hitch.

transferring data is rather tricky. True, they did it for the mergers, and can do it for blight, but for Unity there is much more involved. With blight transfers, you cannot transfer anything on a plot or in plot storage structures, and this is something that Unity players have said they want (and that's totally understandable) In recent interviews, as well as statements made by Reyem here on the boards, and Rick Simmons, Virtrium has not laid out their plans publicly regarding character transfers because they do not want to "mess this one up"

Please see http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ighlight=Unity

"Bringing over the Unity characters is not a simple thing to do. Like most things of this importance, it's a very serious job that must be done pretty close to perfect. I can only imagine the fallout that would occur if we brought the Unity characters over, but mapped them to the wrong accounts or lost data because of some differences in the way plots are associated to accounts in the Unity database. Even worse, if we put an Ancient Dragon head on top of a petite female Fiend - let's just say we understand the gravity of our work. If we're going to do this, we need to do it right. That will take time while we figure out the best approach (or approaches) and put together a solid plan. When we know what we're going to do and how we're going to do it, we'll be able to talk with players about moving Unity characters to a new home." -Rick Simmons
    -Menkure

Quote Originally Posted by Menkure View Post
    Vi is silent, but not because they do not care. It's because they are waiting until they are absolutely sure that transfers can be pulled off without a hitch.

transferring data is rather tricky. True, they did it for the mergers, and can do it for blight, but for Unity there is much more involved. With blight transfers, you cannot transfer anything on a plot or in plot storage structures, and this is something that Unity players have said they want (and that's totally understandable) In recent interviews, as well as statements made by Reyem here on the boards, and Rick Simmons, Virtrium has not laid out their plans publicly regarding character transfers because they do not want to "mess this one up"

Please see http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ighlight=Unity

-Menkure
    what about giving us our characters now, and our plot novians later, before the plot reclamation?

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    what about giving us our characters now, and our plot novians later, before the plot reclamation?

There is a saying my grandma told me when I was really little..

"some people want ice water in he*ll.."

It is NOT as SIMPLE as you make it out to be. Vi has been at work on a lot of things. Plot reclamations are coming, and with a Unity transfer happening after the plot reclamations, it is feasible that some accounts could possibly be transferred over, plots and all. Now, I'm not a developer, but this is one way that things could be done.

And what you are asking would, if they take this approach, would not only be tossing away your plot, but would also throw every other Unity player's plot away too, and give them all just novians.... and thus take away their chance of maybe getting their plot back intact?

That's possibly one way Vi might be approaching this, and what you are asking would deny everyone a chance at that if they went this route.

You are also asking Vi, by doing this, to totally turn the train around 180 degrees. They have things planned, and have been working on that plan for a couple of months now. Did you think that, by asking this, you are in essence asking them to throw away months of work just to give you what YOU want?

-Menkure

There is a saying my grandma told me when I was really little..

"some people want ice water in he*ll.."

It is NOT as SIMPLE as you make it out to be. Vi has been at work on a lot of things. Plot reclamations are coming, and with a Unity transfer happening after the plot reclamations, it is feasible that some accounts could possibly be transferred over, plots and all. Now, I'm not a developer, but this is one way that things could be done.

And what you are asking would, if they take this approach, would not only be tossing away your plot, but would also throw every other Unity player's plot away too, and give them all just novians.... and thus take away their chance of maybe getting their plot back intact?

That's possibly one way Vi might be approaching this, and what you are asking would deny everyone a chance at that if they went this route.

You are also asking Vi, by doing this, to totally turn the train around 180 degrees. They have things planned, and have been working on that plan for a couple of months now. Did you think that, by asking this, you are in essence asking them to throw away months of work just to give you what YOU want?

-Menkure
    ofcourse! since its the only way!
    get the unity players in before the plot reclamtion and have them find nice new homes to choose from

it would not be fair to give ''some'' their homes back and others just novians

there has to be drawn 1 line, 1 rule
    to make it fair for everybody

since not all can have their plot back.. i would say, just give all their novians, but before the reclamation happens, so people can bid and try find a new home of their liking

They have things planned, and have been working on that plan for a couple of months now. Did you think that, by asking this, you are in essence asking them to throw away months of work just to give you what YOU want?
    -Menkure
    by the way..

how come you know what VI has been working on for months without communicating it to us?

do you really know they are working on somthing?

then please communicate it with us

because i dont know even if they are working on somthing...

i would be delighted to know what they where working on. if any.

ofcourse if they have tons of work ready to unleash upon us consider all my sugestions null and void

With that said, please return this topic to the original one. There's a thread about what the status of the Unity database already on the General Forum. No need to turn another topic to it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    With that said, please return this topic to the original one. There's a thread about what the status of the Unity database already on the General Forum. No need to turn another topic to it.

Thanks
    ok, then i add my thanks to VI for giving new live to this game at least for the majority of people in the U.S. and going back to play my maxed out lotro char with superb graphix etc. feeling slighly disapointed because i miss the depth i experienced when playing HZ long ago

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ok, then i add my thanks to VI for giving new live to this game at least for the majority of people in the U.S. and going back to play my maxed out lotro char with superb graphix etc. feeling slighly disapointed because i miss the depth i experienced when playing HZ long ago
    sure doesn't sound like it
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

My feeling is to allow the Unity players the transfer before the plot repo goes in as well so that when the repo does happen, they'll have a wider selection of plots to choose from.

And, as stated before, we on Order and Chaos are hoping the transfer happens soon as well. We don't want you missing out on the fun.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Vi seem to have decided that good, tight communications add to the sense of community that helps an MMO thrive. I certainly think they're right.

Don't let the gnerf bat hit you on your way out...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information