Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Oh, look another hatchie

Anyways, I have just started playing Horizons, have explored a bit, asked alot of questions (those of you in the dragon channel are probably tired of them already)

I am a season 20 combatant/30 crafter/22 lairshaper. I have been juggling in between lairshaper and crafter in the hopes that I can get over the hill and be able to gather tier 2 resources effectively.

Still young and I have already acquired a lair of my own in one of the last places left thanks to the help of many dragons. A big thank you to all the newb helpers out there. My lair is located just west of the "S" in Snowfall. It may be small, but I was looking more for a winter location and the irony of living in Snowfall was too good to pass up.

The plan for those that might want to see it is located
    here

It will not be an easy build, but I know that and I have alot of time ahead of me so I am not worried.

I have already carved out quite a few corridors on my own with a small backpack and a few cargo disks to my name and I am proud of that.

In case you are wondering about the difficult/strage layout I do not like anyone to be able to see all the noisy machines. At least not up front. The idea behind this lair was to create a resting place for dragons travelling and perhaps more of a "tourist spot" rather than just a place for myself. I plan to alter it a bit to add in such things as a pawnbroker- things other players might want to visit my lair for.

In other games, players have created community spots such as hotels, but I am still not sure how well the idea will be accepted in Horizons. With volcanic areas being shunned due to the music bug, I figured my little area of the world might be a little better accepted. (well... further on down the road when it is near completion anyways...)

Would this be of interest to anyone or should I just scrap the idea of keeping my lair asthetically pleasing and stuff as much storage for myself in it as I possibly can?

Default Re: Greetings

Shian, I will leave it to other lair-owing draggies to comment on lair building, but really, just do with it whatever makes you happy.

I don't care what you lair looks like from the inside - I aint going inside ... no ways !
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

It depends quite a bit on the community. I know when I lived in Selen, it was rather active and we sometimes held some community events like contests for best plot and so on...

Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what your lair shall be, what it shall be for, and your advertisement thereof.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

My lair is a floor of silos and then a floor of machines. I built those so that others can have a place to store their stuff and use machines once I'm done.

Or what is even more appealing to me is to build those and a bunch of other things, destroy it to get the novians and redesign with no crafting stuff at all in there.

I don't know if I'd want that many hallways, but then going through mine recently it is a bit like a maze. Which is actually sort of what I wanted in the first place. At one point I was tempted to just make hallways that went into no where and make the place like a hedgemaze on the first two to three floors. >

I know in Selen there isn't going to be alot of usage of my lair, so I recently redesigned it, and built it more for my own use. Although any dragon who cares to make the trek will be welcome to use it. Being that there is a Grandhall in the bottom recesses of it, I put in T5 machines, with the exception of the Essence Chamber which is already built. Theres 12 silos of various tiers 1 through three smattered about and the t6 pawnbroker.

Honestly, when you break it down, its how useful will it be to you and to those for whom the purpose you set it at is for.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Thread Information