View Poll Results: What you like a extra service for plot/lair resizing?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as a single payment service for all subscriptions.

1 3.13%
  • Yes, as a single payment service for Gifted subscriptions.

5 15.63%
  • Yes, as a free service for all subscriptions.

0 0%
  • Yes, as a free service for Gifted subscriptions

1 3.13%
  • No. Plot/lair resizing should happen when it fits Virtriums schedule.

25 78.13%

Thread: On demand Lair/plot Resizing

Lightbulb On demand Lair/plot Resizing

Inspired by the Favoritism rant. I thought of the following suggestion.

How about Virtrium providing us with an extra service.
    First of all I think you would need a Gifted account for this.

But how about after plot reclamation they provided you with the option to have your plot resized to a bigger size?
    Of course there should be a limit on say 120 x 120 for a single plot. Also taking into consideration the location, nearby free plots, ...

The same goes for lairs. You should be able to have it resize to at least the biggest volume available in game (one of the guild community lairs in Aedan or Serenity). Again allow for constraints due to nearby lairs and world constraints like size of the mountain your lair is situated in.

As we all feel that the current plots should be resized, and Virtrium sure can use the money, maybe a paid for service would be best suited for this problem.

Of course plot reclamation should happen first, so that plots currently taken but no longer active get available for expansion.

Let me know what you think of this idea.

Salis

Default Re: On demand Lair/plot Resizing

Biggest problem I see is that it's impossible to change the size of a plot on just one shard. You affect all three. Also there's the matter of not all plots being placed in an area that allows for easy expansion, and the whole can of worms of people trying to cheat the system and buying the smallest plot with the greatest expansion room, then reselling when the value is recalculated after the area increases, etc.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

1. The three shards problem. Would indeed need to find a solution.
    2. Indeed not all plots allow for expansion, however: the choice is yours. Stay at your current spot or move to a new one with better expansion options.
    3. Combatting cheating: as lairchambers remember the amount of resources put into the system. Maybe the original paid price for a plot lair could also be remembered.
    So far we don't really have goldsellers in this game.
    And if it is a paid service I don't really see a problem. I do not think you will pay to have a plot expanded to just sell it afterwards to make some more in game coin out of it. And if you combined the remember option with a paid service I think you can prevent abuse.

Salis

Plots can't be resized the way they are implented at the moment. The geography and the positioning of other plots around a given plot limits whether or not it can be resized - and we dont all want a big plot, or a small plot that has empty space around it for it to be able to expand in size. My own plot (before I lost it with reclaimations) was a very small plot in a guild town that was simply a rock garden.

What I would like to see though is the ability to "move house" without losing all the resources that were used on your smaller plot. A huge amount of time and resource is put into building on a plot, this should be able to be reclaimed to allow selling a smaller plot and moving the resource to a purchased larger plot elsewhere.
    Last edited by Magfuddle; October 16th, 2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: typo
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Quote Originally Posted by Magfuddle View Post
    What I would like to see though is the ability to "move house" without losing all the resources that were used on your smaller plot. A huge amount of time and resource is put into building on a plot, this should be able to be reclaimed to allow selling a smaller plot and moving the resource to a purchased larger plot elsewhere.
    Isn't that what Novians are really for?

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Isn't that what Novians are really for?
    ummmm....NO. You lose 20% with novians
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Yes, and?

Think of it as in game moving costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    ummmm....NO. You lose 20% with novians
    Ummmm... Yes. That is exactly what that functionality was implemented for. The loss of 20% with deconstructing a building is nothing compared to the loss of 50% when deconstructing anything else, and the recovered resources occupy 1/20th the bulk of the resources going into it. (1 novian, 12 bulk = 2 normals total 240 bulk). Magfuddle, on the other hand, has been absent since before building deconstruction was in place.

Speaking of which, Welcome back, Magfuddle.
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

When the auctions finally happen, many people will buy the larger plots which will become available and free up the smaller plots, I personally think that if any account has been inactive for more that 3 months (eg not paid for) the plots should be automatically auctioned with or without structures. My point is that if enough plots are auctioned the smaller free plots can be resized.

Having played just after HZ went live I know plots that are still owned by people that have not been active for years, total waste.

* Novians are a great idea* there is enough rinse and repeat crafting wise without suffering due to a move of location, after all you probably built everything in the first place so why build it all again, in my case I have lost count of the plots I have had but it must be over 10.

Thread Information