Thread: Confectioner Resources

Default Confectioner Resources

We now have a large variety of fruit in Istaria, but are missing many things that help make for a rounded meal. We could use tomatoes garlic and onions. Some green vegetables like peas lettuce and celery. Beens are good for going with our rice or making some chili if we get tomatoes. And of course some herbs like oregano tarragon and basil would be nice. I'm sure there are many things I've missed.

Default Re: Confectioner Resources

From http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/824/824529p2.html

Jason Murdick: For the near future, we are working on wrapping up the revamp of the Confectioner school and the death point system
    Give it time, this was a very large project and included a ridiculously large number of new resources.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Now I just have a question, and this is as a player....

Do you really want to have all those resources to have to gather, process, store, etc? While I understand that they fill in more and add more flavor (pun intended) to the game, there also needs to be a point where it's said that there are enough items for a particular school to have to work with given the limited scope of the game.

For example, I could go into my kitchen and open my fridge and pantry and see at least 50 items that I keep as "staples", some of which are processed foods like pasta's and creamed soups, but I wouldn't want to see that many items in game.

Not saying that your suggestions are bad ones, or good ones, just pointing out that realistically there has to be a finite list to the resources available for making food, and that finite number will always be much smaller than what it is in real life.

I don't need all of them but then I don't think we needed that many kinds of fruit either. I was mainly listing a few other types of resources that could be more usefull. I didn't even include cocoa and vanila trees so we could bypass the veilo. As for the number of resources used by the school have you looked at the list alchemists use? There is a ton of ground and powdered resources for dyes and many types of suspensions.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

an easy one to add for the uses of fruit, would be smoothies
    snowball+glass cup+fruit= Fruit smoothie. job done

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Do you really want to have all those resources to have to gather, process, store, etc?
    Call me insane, but... yes, yes I would. I've even gathered and squirreled away a diskfull each of the new resources that I've found for use whenever the new recipes come out. If a lot more new things get added, I'll rearrange storage on my plot. Other than the general suckiness of leveling conf, I actually do enjoy the class very much.

Those who choose Confectioner as their main school are the type of player who would indeed like to have all the planned resources, and more. Dabblers and those who just don't want to have to bother with interacting with others for needed goods needn't apply. The update isn't for them; the crafting part anyway.

Drev

Smoothie idea was very cute!

No onions, please

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

onions and garlic are needed for stew!!!
    and i like smoothies too, i got tons of snowballs and nothing to go with them!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information