lounge chair
    dinning table
    fridge
    wood (for fireplace)
    fireplace poker set and wood holder
    kitchen chairs
    rugs
    a few plants
    sink (that can actually be used to get water from just like the wells)
    and side tables for deco (like a flower pot)
    a Deer Rack for above the fire place
    A weapons rack (maybe can store weapons only No limit)
    a Tool rack (can hold a full set of tools)

guild houses
    a fire place
    a big table with chairs for a meeting
    some pictures (maybe of our guild town)
    maps
    another rug

outside (mainly on the human medium house lawn)

a few wall climbing vines with roses on it
    flower pots
    a small pond
    a bench
    little wishing well

Lairs

Hoard chambers
    decoration of shinny gems for around the lairs (dragons love there shinnies)
    a Nest to sleep on made of gems and hoard that can go into our halls (but make sure it's big enough for us ancients)

Ok just a few things i thought of real quick and a few friends disscussed the last few days you can add to the list if you want. I would love to see more decorations put in that we can choose from

any more ideas throw them in too

Thanks Lila AKA CottenCandy

Default Re: Decorations

I only play dragons, so I can only give Lair suggestions:

- The idea of a graphical hoard in the lair would be cool. It would be purely aesthetic- even if only similar to the 'hoard chamber' one can see in the dragon vault areas (such as the one in Dralk).

- Murals for the endcaps! They're there anyway- would be cool to put a different 'mural' graphic texture on those ugly stones, if that is something that can be implemented (this is something I happily offer my services for).

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I love the idea of hoard chambers being implemented. Heck I even have space in my lair all ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    - Murals for the endcaps! They're there anyway- would be cool to put a different 'mural' graphic texture on those ugly stones, if that is something that can be implemented (this is something I happily offer my services for).
    I believe they already have mural endcaps, sort of. Those skeleton mural thingies. One is supposed to be able to apply it to ones endcaps. I have a ton of them in my lair.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Dracana View Post
    I believe they already have mural endcaps, sort of. Those skeleton mural thingies. One is supposed to be able to apply it to ones endcaps. I have a ton of them in my lair.
    Nambroth meant new murals for endcaps, with custom design on it

Half the time the murals dont work, I know i've had alot of issues with it. but that would be cool to have more designs maybe one for Lunus and one for Helian?

Quote Originally Posted by CottenCandy View Post
    Half the time the murals dont work, I know i've had alot of issues with it. but that would be cool to have more designs maybe one for Lunus and one for Helian?
    Must add the endcaps after the room is built, not before, otherwise it will cause problems

Along with the other furniture, perhaps various trophies we could mount on walls. Mount your old suit of armor in the corner. Various weapons you've come across which are cool but which you don't actually use. And what Lunus wouldn't want mounted gnome heads in his lair (I presume gnomes would prefer mounted dragon heads).

About hoard chambers. I remember long ago them mentioning that (was complicated by the fact they wanted it to reflect the actual dragon's hoard). However, it could just be treated as furniture. They could have a series of models of various size hoards. If you're in your lair you can spawn a model as long as one doesn't already exist and you can only spawn a model which corresponds to your level of hoard. You can place it wherever you please as long as it's in your lair.
    Last edited by Goriax; October 17th, 2007 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Must add the endcaps after the room is built, not before, otherwise it will cause problems
    Strange, I've added murals to endcaps before the room was built before. Sometimes thats the only way I can do it because otherwise it thinks there is not enough room. Anyway but a greater selection of endcaps would work nicely too.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

I would think it would be nice to have different murals. Maybe this is how dragons can get different festival decorations as they are fairly easy to build and TBH, I don't like a bunch of "dead dragon" pictures on my walls. Anyone else find that creepy?

As for Hoard chambers, I always thought it would be nice to put some gold beds or something on silos. They're very plain-looking and are an important part of any dragon lair (I have not yet seen a single lair without one,) so why not make them a bit more asthetic than just an empty room?

Why is everyone insistant on having a hoard chamber reflect your own personal hoard anyway? Why not just have different tierd hoard chambers display different amounts of hoard? Or better yet, just have the hoard chamber empty and the dragon can craft different "pieces" of hoard and place them inside.

If such a thing is truly too difficult to code, make it more simple!

Also, I may be new but I did notice this game's lack of a bank. There are many times where I want to set aside a certain amount of coin and not have to worry about it eaten by portal tax or whatnot. Is there a way to set your vault to hold coin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Also, I may be new but I did notice this game's lack of a bank. There are many times where I want to set aside a certain amount of coin and not have to worry about it eaten by portal tax or whatnot. Is there a way to set your vault to hold coin?
    not yet but hopefully one of these days we might get something like that

It would be really cool to have crystal decorations. It could work like a mural but instead be a crystal work pattern maybe like a fresco. The other thing that came to mind was to use crystals like paving inside the lair.

*wanders off on a tangent*

Come to think of it, using each crystals color you could design your own path. Set up a grid and select a color for each square. For example you could choose to put in a wavy blue path down one corridor leading to crafting. Maybe yellow down another way to the lair. Even mix and match colors to make pictures. Could do the same thing to create personal frescos for endcaps.

*end tangent*

Anyway crystals seem like a dragonish thing to embellish our homes with!
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

I'm pretty sure that the only reason that furnuture hasn't been implemented yet is because it would put more strain on an allready strained graphical engine. I've seen what looked like experimental furniture in an NPC house before, it was on that island that has the big meteor crater in the center that is part of ROP, but I don't remember the name of the island.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

there are decors in the little farmer's house near the wedding quest houses in genevia. i think they are kewl (there is a rug and cabinet and i think a picture or tapestry) and i would love to be able to built them for my plot....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Interestingly, I talked to some of the developers about furniture sometime about a year and a half ago asking why it wasn't done yet. It's something I really want to. Understand that this is my "player interpretation" of what they said. I don't have the technical knowledge to know how to explain it another way.

Basically, furniture hasn't been implemented yet because it can't with the current models of buildings on plots. You have to have "hook points" or some tech system for placing the object inside the buildings. DAoC does it straight by hook points, last I knew, allowing you to modify both exterior and interior. AO has 3D "zones" that are seperate from the rest of the world that you can design as an apartment, but the exterior doesn't show. These are two different systems, each with have different limitations. The current building models for Horizons have neither. So the project isn't nearly as simple as "adding" furniture. They can't just add new artwork in the shape of whatever furniture objects they want, and add the formulas for them to be built. They have to develop who new technology for the buildings, figure out a way to convert those buildings (or have players tear down the old and rebuild new if they want furniture), and redesign the plot interface to include furniture. And even with that big list, I'm sure that my "player's mind" doesn't understand all that's required.

So while I'm sure that we all can agree that furniture and other decorations for plots and lairs would be wonderful, right now I'd rather see them continue to work on the fixing the game as it exists now, and later, as part of "revamping" the construction part of the game work on adding furniture. Which, of course, doesn't keep us from making a big long list of things we want as decoration in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    I'd like to see a choice of murals - just half a dozen or so. I think the current one looks good and works well in my Helian lair. But maybe a few Lunus' coloured ones are needed.

And I don't like having to stick murals on endcaps. It seems so much like sweeping dust under the carpet. I'd much rather see a way to wall over an endcap - i.e. a helian/lunus wall texture endcap sized mural. I think lairs would look much better if you couldn't see the endcaps.

Lighting - I like those torches near lair entrances. I'd love to be able to stick them (or other lighting) inside lairs. Particularly since the outside environment seems to invade lairs - eg. it gets dark.

I'd like to be able to put something on an endcap that would make it blend in so it would be as if it weren't there at all.

A dragon head you can mount on the wall.. as well as deer.. gruok.. etc

I was on blight the other day, and in the trainer hut in NT there is a grandfather clock and some tables that I don't remember seeing before. I need to check on Chaos and see if they are there, but they were selectable.

Is this the beginnings of some furnishing type items? Or have they always been there and I just never noticed?

Thread Information