Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: (Discussion) Spell Line - Ideas for Improvements

Default Re: (Discussion) Spell Line - Ideas for Improvements

No, thanks for responding. Mabe I should just wander off and come back again in another 6 months, though that has never helped much in the past.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I feel the Bloodmage ability Exsanguinate needs a bit of a boost. Comparing it to what I hear about Evisceration of Life III, multicasting Exsanguinate is the /only/ way to get much use out of it.

Alone it strikes for about 600 or so every hour. with MCI that's an average GR, now I understand it's unresistable and I love the ability for that fact. I just think it could use a bit of a boost, damage wise because personally I love the hour recycle on it, it makes you have to stop and think about /when/ you should use it.

With Multicast II it can really hurt, but compared to the damage that Evisceration of Life III can do in the time that it takes Exsanguinate to recycle, it's definitely not up to par in my opinion.

If you ask me an average of ~1000 multicastable damage every hour would feel more 'correct' for the hour recycle and when it's compared to EoL.

The only issue I see with it is if you look at it in a PVP sense, which unfortunately yes, it would be very overpowered. >.< But with PvE it's kind of lacking in my opinion. One-shot a Giant Ice Beetle every hour. heheh

Any thoughts?

Red face Re: (Discussion) Spell Line - Ideas for Improvements

I like reveiwing this thread from time to time. A Dungen and Vista ready did realy need to come first and the Dragon spell lines have been added to as well as there low skill problems.

This were things that did need to come first.

But on to the present I always say and Great job VI for the later!

KK Mystic side is complete always has been even if somepeople would like ablitys spells twiked here and there at least all the assests are there.

Arcane side still needs alittle work done.

1. Fire line was shiped omost finshed. What omost its the best Arcane spell line true that. But Burning Sky Needs its teir 4 counter part added plz.

2. Ice line fixed. Nice job all it was realy missing was them repeaters.

3. Energy line. Its more or less done but adding in the realy cool looking engery spells from beta if you still have them would make it all the sweeter Not that Arcane needs more nukes but would be sweet. If they were aoe and you dont what that make them single target if its a balancing thing. Eye candy rules arcan its the real reason to use it over Mystics lines with all that healing.

4. Summoning. What can I say we have two cool looking nuke spells here and nothing alse? Dont want aoe dont realy need a repeater ether for this line. It would be cool to add in group support spells for this line. Like the old Summers mark and other group buffs of an Arcan nature. What well I got ideals but even to me they all ether overpower the line or there already abltys of another Arcan class some were. So I dont myself have any realy great ideals for this. I would say stuff like buffing swords and shields with Crystal like ablitys on weapons with no socets. Knocking two birds with one stone as it would go a Long way in fixing KNoC weapons and shields.

5. Mind. Whats not to love it has Mez. Its the debuff tree line but the Sorcers ablitys say other wise as do some mobs that do Mind damg. So yes a Repeater would be nice. Dont realy need a Nuke or aoe just a repeater I would not even add in new techs for that repeater let it have the same as primal bolt.

6. Six is not about the spell lines but about base skill ablitys. Some of the Arcane lines suffer if not as serverly as Dragons did with low base skill lines. All the Mystic/Meel skill lines have schools if you level them that will let you get a base 1000skill. In Arcan only fire/energy lets you do this. The other 3 come up short. You can add in Ablitys that are masterable that raise the base of this spell lines to 1000 or add in quest for differnt arcane schools for the same thing. Thats just me.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

As concerns arcane spells:

Flame: quite sufficiently filled-out. Agreed, burning sky could use a higher-tier counterpart, but any pyro-centric arcanist has fusion burn anyways.

Energy: Limited line, for spells, but the techs make up for its erstwhile dearth of variety. Just requires a bit of micromanagement if you want to really take advantage of everything it has to offer. The primary associated class, wizard, more than makes up for its other shortcomings.

Ice: much better, now, than it used to be. However, Frosty Maelstrom is rather lacking in damage for a lvl 85 spell. A well-teched t3 ice bomb is both more damaging and has a greater impact on the speed of one's enemies. the chief difference is duration of the effect and radius, as well as maelstrom having a much more spectacular graphic. Ice is a typically slow-casting, high damage line. Increase the delay on maelstrom and seriously up its damage, if the concern is balance. But ice bombs IV and V even without techs are stronger spells that you don't have to do a quest to get.

Mind: great selection of debuffs. Only complaint is the lack of additional range. Sorceror functions as a well-rounded class. Another arcane repeater, least of all mind, would be redundant. Mind bullets and manifested power, coupled with the dementia crystals now available, are sufficient.

Summoning: has, really, three spells if one is not a conjurer. Ice hammer and flame spear are great damage-per-delay opportunities, but the same cannot be said of Shining Blades. For as much work as the spell is to obtain, and as impressive as the animation is, the damage is rather disheartening. The common direct-comparison: SB vs Dark Cyclone (both spells require lv 75 and 750 in their respective skills): damages, 209-224 slash, delay 49, range -self, area 10 *vs 320-340 nature, delay 60, range 30, area 10. Difficulty in attainment, on a 10 scale, DC ranks maybe a 5, SB would be closer to an 8 or 9 because of the bottlecap collection and the time it takes to assemble one, let alone the rest of the quest. From an effort-reward standpoint, there is no real reason to pursuse shining blades. From an epic-graphic and completion-of-set standpoint, it becomes that quest that "will get done, eventually". The suggestions: a) give shining blades a substantially higher damage base b) make the damage direct or ethereal c) make shining blades, like the other two summoning spells, an inherently teched spell. i.e.: add a 25% chance for some additional damage equal to the base damage of the spell (or give it a 25% chance to do direct or ethereal damage). d) couple the damage with an effect like rend armor, to make it so the spell reduces the armor/slash resistance of affected targets. Something to make its utility comparable to the work that goes into it.
    ~Without death, life is meaningless. Without evil, good is naught but arrogance. Without balance, nothing is complete.~
    Archangelis Draconis: 100|100|100 Ancient Dragon, 26.8M Hoard GM of Venatoris Tenebrae (Chaos)

I'd like to see conjurer become an arcane buffing school. Either through more extensive use of the Ice/Fire elements or plain spells. It would also be interesting to see more recall or teleport options for conjurers specifically. A group recall or summon to the caster would be fun, but I dread the hacking that would need to be done in the sim to make it work.

If more damage is needed in the summoning line, I would like to see spells that do physical damage types like slash, pierce, and crush.

Drev

At the very least I would like to see a Mind damg based dot.

And a base skill inc in the Arcane tree lines to bring them in line with all the other ped skills in the game.

As for the epic arcane spells it seams we all ready have the on going problem of base spells. Bombs being better.

And I to think the best thing for summoning is buffing/utilty. Keep in mind that Summoning only has one aoe and that is it's epic spell. So there is no other summoning aoe for you to base its damg on. But I would like it changed to a % to do a secondery damg like hammer/spear.
    Last edited by Balthizar; July 16th, 2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Thread Information