Thread: Biped Levelling

Default Biped Levelling

I have a Lv54 Dragon character, but I've been giving thoughts to working on my biped again.

He is currently a Lv14 Cleric, Lv10 Warrior, and I think like Lv5 Druid. Basically, I was thinking along the lines of having a warrior who can heal himself, as that is what I've always wanted to do on my dragon, and what I end up doing in a lot of RPGs anyways.

While levelling as a Dragon, the Dragon Ability Quests every 10 levels gave me some direction as to where to go and what to fight at any given level. However, bipeds have no such quests, and I have exhausted all of my Cleric School quests, and now at Lv14, I can't find anything that is really worthwhile to fight.

Everything is either too slow kill, or, too little exp. I can get 15-30xp on Lv7-10ish mobs, and they are fast, easy kills, but XP pile-up takes forever. Or, I can try and seek out Lv11-15 mobs, but they are usually social or very hard to kill (like beetles) and by the time I kill one of these bad boys, I could have killed 3 little guys.

I am trying to whittle away this level so that I can equip my next weapon, but it seems sooo dang slow, is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm wearing the best armor that I know of, the best shield, and the best 1h crushing weapon I can find, and I've put skillpoints into 1h crush, life magic, and some armor use if I recall, as well as a few Strength. I usually use Enhance Armor, Enhance Strength, and Gift of Strength as my buffs.

So... what am I doing wrong? Surely it shouldn't take me nearly an hour just to get 10% of my tnl?

Default Re: Biped Levelling

No, you're not doing anything wrong. Levelling cleric (or healer) as primary school is horribly slow and torturous. I suggest switching to warrior instead, keeping cleric/healer as secondary class, keeping it maybe around half the level of your warrior. Also, the area you're in now, late T1 to T2, is very slow going in general.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Hmmm, okay.

Another question: I know I can use buyback points to change my training point allocation, but how exactly does one get buyback points back? Do they slowly come back over time? I have a bunch of points in 1H crush, but when I level warrior, I doubt I'm going to be using 1h crush, I'll probably using things like axes and such, I assume.

Start taking away points from the catagory you don't need anymore, press "Accept" to save the changes, and then go back and spend the points in the area that you'd like. And the Buy Back points come back over time.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Okay, thanks!

I assumed they came back over time, but I wanted to check for sure, didn't want to permanently screw up my character.

If you are going to level Warrior and then level Cleric in the future, I'd stay with One Hand Crush for now. At least that's the way I did it. When you level Cleric, you will benefit from the points you put into OHC, but not if you put them into a Slashing skill. Putting into Str will also give you better damage.

If you keep Warrior as a higher level than Cleric, you may even decide to go with Two Hand Crush (which Cleric can use also).

If you put your TPs into One or Two Hand Crush and some into Stength, you'll get the TP benefits for Warrior AND Cleric.

Also, I didn't see mention of your Jewelry.
    In my first school (Cleric) at the lower levels I made sure to have either Strength or Armor jewelry with Slash Resistance tech and then stuck to gem golems for leveling. You have 7 parts jewelry. Make sure you keep up to date and it will help you a lot. Even if you don't have them teched, the extra Strength, Armor, or Health can really improve your performance.

Or,

You can gain 100 in any crafting school and wear armor (Ironsilk teched level 61 or maybe 71 depending on your racial armor bonus) as you can imagine at adventure lvl 1 you can get max xp per kill and really rocket through the levels.

Check your armor use stat before ordering cloth armor. Ironsilk takes 910 and that wont come from craft school.

Knossos

Oops Ironsilk 810 AU, padded ironsilk 910.

Knossos

Having 100 levels in Ranger helped my Healer class as healers can use "regular" crossbows. Having a 920 crossbow skill helps when dealing with the mobs when trying to kill them with a one handed weapon just won't cut it.

Warrior is a good thing too (also as mentioned, having a high crafting level helps too as there are higher level jewelry that you can wear being a crafter, that will aid your lower secondary class. (along with teched cloth armor)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

On Jewelry again:
    As Justa eluded to, jewelry is based on Current School, not Current Adventure School or Current Craft School. So, if you have a mid level crafting school, you could wear Gold Health jewelry with two techs as a level one adventurer.

Get a craft school to 100 and now, or when you later multi-school, you can wear tripple teched combat oriented mithril jewelry as in a level 1 school.

If you want to be a fighter who can heal himself then I _highly_ recommend the Paladin prestige class. Just need level 20 warrior and level 15 cleric (I recommend level 18 though for Dispirit) to take it up. As others have suggested, max out a crafting school to open up nice things like T5 jewelry and more gift slots

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Hmmm, okay.

Another question: I know I can use buyback points to change my training point allocation, but how exactly does one get buyback points back? Do they slowly come back over time? I have a bunch of points in 1H crush, but when I level warrior, I doubt I'm going to be using 1h crush, I'll probably using things like axes and such, I assume.

i am an 87 warr, using a socketed blood cobalt warhammer and shield......1hc comes in real handy when you have a huge spiked hammer to wield....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information