Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A rant for the dragon hearted few.

Default Re: A rant for the dragon hearted few.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal View Post
    Killing, buthchering, and preparing my own self hunted meat is a thing I really want to do one day.
    It'll be in the human way though, with a ranged weapon of sorts. Fingernails dont led themself well to tearing throats out
    That's the ape speaking. }:=8p I've allways felt like I should be able to claw at things, fantasized about it. Being able to chase down from the air and dive pounce deer or elk, or other things.... now that's exiting. I do wish HZ allowed dragons to hunt animals for somthing useful.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I often think about these things when I'm depressed for whatever reason. Just want to leave my current life and start somthing new as a completely different life form at these times. And dragons are so beutiful and noble. Even the nasty ones have a sertain deadly beauty to them.
    It can be done. I had a friend who was set on flying helicopters for the army here, but then he found out about some eyesight defect and he couldn't get the medical. He turned to his other interest and stuck with it, changing his study's to Computing... now he's earning (what I'd call) silly money programming. That's an example of taking a negative situation, planning and achieving something else. As for dragons... nuff said! I'm usually rooting for the dragon to win in any battle.

Flying isn't dangerous, unfavorable weather conditions could be, I'm guessing. There are conditions that can tear the wings off airplanes mid air, I would assume that the same conditions could tear muscle and break bones of a biological creature of similar size and mass. And once your primary flight muscles are torn, hello ground. And there's those massive arcs of electricity in thunderclouds- they travel along the surface of aircraft when struck, but I don't think a nurvous system of any creature could take a direct hit.
    I'd certainly go with that. I recall a paraglider (I think it was a paraglider anyway) where the pilot was knocked unconsious when swept up into a thundercloud... he woke up hours later, outside the cloud by some miracle, still alive and got the thing down. Radar tracks helped deduce where he'd drifted while under. Very lucky man. I've seen quite a few aircraft with lightning battle-scars in my time. The key bit is the tail (up and downy bit); if that breaks off the aircraft points its nose at the floor and you're boned. Birds have it easier and can tolerate damage pretty well for their size; there are stories of pigeons in the war returning with messages with horrible injuries. I'd imagine dragons would be pretty hardy.

I do not, and would not trust humans unless I got to know specific ones really well.
    I do that now lol! Safer that way, and less disappointments. If I was a dragon this would be doubly true, although there are some I would trust enough to approach.

Let's say you can't shape shift, as mentioned in one of my later posts.
    Gah! Right... well... I'd definitely only associate with 'peds I could trust... others 'might' see me from a very long range. How you'd stay hidden in the long term, and not have 'peds looking for you with weapons and stuff would take great thought and plotting.

I appologise for this. The longing is not pleasant. It leaves me feeling trapped and inpotent. Like I don't belong as I am.
    Do the best you can with what you have been given.
    Never look back with regret. Plan, look forward and have a goal. Perhaps that goal will end up being a dragon wing suit anyone can put on and scare gnomes. I'll buy one off you as a test pilot!

Rakku

Hmm.. not much for sensible comments in my current sleep-starved state, but from reading back, and seeing soo many like-minded replies and thoughts on the issue presented by the OP. I beg the question:

Did any of you ever stop to question, why you feel as you do about dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Carenath View Post
    Hmm.. not much for sensible comments in my current sleep-starved state, but from reading back, and seeing soo many like-minded replies and thoughts on the issue presented by the OP. I beg the question:

I'm not really sure. For me, I have to say it was a triggered thing. Ever since I first saw the game "altered beast" in the arcade, I began drawing winged humanoid reptiles in my youth. I became facinated with the idea of having a thick reptilian tail, and snout. Later I began collecting dragons, and then wishing I was one. All the while, due to events in my life, and things I've seen human kind do around me, I began wishing I was not a part of the human race, not wanting to any longer take part in this society. Eventually I just began wishing I could become a dragon and fly away from the constant pain and distruction.
    Last edited by CallakDW; October 22nd, 2007 at 02:47 AM.

* snuffles curiously*

I honestly haven't a clue, it's just there without me knowing where it sprang from.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Thumbs up Re: A rant for the dragon hearted few.

For me it's not specifically dragons, but flying. I love it. Dring my teens I drew a considerable number of portraits and studies of birds of prey (can't draw for **** these days lol what happened??), and the gryphon has long been a favorite of mine. Dragons also fly so there was bound to be a connection with our draconic kin also, in no small way influenced by Flight of Dragons, which I saw and remembered in detail at a young age (6-ish I believe).

It's strange that my mind seems to tick in a way unlike any in my family, to my knowledge. For example, if there's a natural/unnatural disaster and many kick the bucket my thought process jumps to "Ha a few less people screwing up My planet", then I slap myself mentally and then think "You heartless s*d that's a nasty way to think". I only react normally when things happen to friends/family, but I can usually put up a wall of non-emotion to do the Vulcans proud. Behind the scenes my mind works away considering a situation from multiple angles, considering all entities involved in a plotting/scheming way and then form a response. Of course, there being no dragons here on Earth, our view of them is that presented by novels and myth, created in the minds of the author who is a 'ped. Without a draconic invasion, it's hard to say but I'd like to think that those here would find like-minds among them.

In summary... I can only say that not finding like-minded people, I turned elsewhere to find out 'who am I?'. I'm a firm believer that the soul does not have to match the skin you're in. Mine sure is stuck in the clouds.

Rakku

(please excuse the spelling... ps3 browser is as responsive as a zx-81 full of jam)

I honestly haven't a clue, it's just there without me knowing where it sprang from.
    /me nods in agreement with Cobal.

It's an oft-pondered question in the Dragonkin / Otherkin forums and groups (which, strangely enough, I don't participate in because there are too many "posers" or preted/RPer/wannabees present).

For me, it was a long, and sometimes painful, search for myself. I went through many iterations of things, finally evolving it into what I have now. The simplest way I can put it is the difference between someone who is a Dragon versus someone who is "just passing through", is that one of them chooses to be a Dragon; the other, being a Dragon chooses him. Acceptance of that latter fact is often the source of much personal angst, as not everything about being a Dragon is fun and games.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

THX for this thread,
    I love you all, brothers and sisters.

I had something to contribute too, if I`ll find the time to translate a dragon poem from German to English ( rhymes, and no, that ain`t easy^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    It's an oft-pondered question in the Dragonkin / Otherkin forums and groups (which, strangely enough, I don't participate in because there are too many "posers" or preted/RPer/wannabees present).
    Exactly the thing that puts me off of most dragon groups.
    'nother things that puts me off is the resulting group of elitists that calls "Poser/wannabee" on everyone who doesnt fit into their exact measurements of what draconic is.

We should start our own dragon group. :P
    (wich will inevitably get poluted over the long run by the previously mentioned groups)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

yup same here pretty much..

I've tried and tried to self-analyze and figure out where this came from - but...so far to no avail.

The farthest back I can remember loving dragons is when I was watching the Animated Hobbit and Smaug (hence why my dragon has his colors). I loved Smaug - thought he was so cool and great.

I couldn't have been older than 6 or 7 when I was watching it - so at least by that point my love of dragons had been established.

What happen before then - no clue .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Same here. I really dont know how or when I fell in love with dragons it just sorta always been that way. They're just creatures of supreams power and beauty (and wisdom) to me. While I dont ever see myself as actualy being a dragon (even tho that'd be awsome), I see myself being more of a mate of a dragon. Kinda like I am in most of my dreams about Storm, who's apearance I based Lan off of. :3
    When I get some time I'll post a few of my dreams about him, I think ya'll would like them!

Acceptance of that latter fact is often the source of much personal angst, as not everything about being a Dragon is fun and games.
    Interesting you brought this up. I think I've tried to ask myself on many occasions, is this what I really want? What if I could have it? Would it be like those stories you see where the grass is greener on the other side, and when you get there you notice the ant hills you didn't see before? I think that's another reason I started this thread. I wanted similar minded people, myself included, to try to think of as many displeasures as possible to being such a creature and contrast them against the things you can think of that you would love about being one. What problems will you have to deal with? This in includes intricacies of personal anatomy issues/problems and how to deal with them down to the world wide political impact of a sentient and physically suprerior (well in my opinion *shrug*) creature's presance sharing planet earth with a previously dominant race.

So far, I have to say the things I can think of or others have thought of are still a lesser evil to what I deal with in my hooman life.

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    THX for this thread,
    I love you all, brothers and sisters.

I had something to contribute too, if I`ll find the time to translate a dragon poem from German to English ( rhymes, and no, that ain`t easy^^)
    Hey stop making me feel warm and fuzzy, I like cool and scaily better. }:=8p

* snuffles curiously*

Ok, so I had more to say after I hit Post, and ran out of time for an edit:

I've started dragon roleplay groups myself on forums before, but these forums were also had things like vampire RP sections etc. I only did this to try to simulate what it might be like, thus I created rules, usually based on D&D to try to regulate things, however, of course there are those that can never follow rules of any kind, and have to play the biggest baddest thing you ever saw, and if you saw somthing more powerful, refer to my last statement. Being ubber and supperpowerful wasn't the point, it was to create a realistic environment within the bounds of a few set rules, but some don't go for that.

I've never felt easy with Otherkin. I allways felt they are dragonkin that are soo obsorbed by their desire that they are blind to their physical existance, which IMO borders on madness if it's not allready there.

* snuffles curiously*

(wich will inevitably get poluted over the long run by the previously mentioned groups)
    I'm curious, what would you say makes us unique as a group? That we accept our human forms out of nessessity (since we have no power to change what we are bioligically), but express our desire for somthing more draconic?

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    The farthest back I can remember loving dragons is when I was watching the Animated Hobbit and Smaug (hence why my dragon has his colors). I loved Smaug - thought he was so cool and great.

I couldn't have been older than 6 or 7 when I was watching it - so at least by that point my love of dragons had been established.
    Sounds like you had a trigger similar to myself.

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I really dont know how or when I fell in love with dragons it just sorta always been that way. They're just creatures of supreams power and beauty (and wisdom) to me. While I dont ever see myself as actualy being a dragon (even tho that'd be awsome), I see myself being more of a mate of a dragon.
    You put words on my thoughts. I've not often dreamt of dragons, but those dreams were the happiest I've ever made. They appeared as guardian. Guardians of what ? I don't know... that was vague... I just remember being stuck in amazement.
    I'm thinking about dragons 24/7... Each time I look at the sky I imagine how it would be to see my dragon mate flying... Especially since I started playing here. Now that dragon has gotten more consitency... And I imagine Zex flying over my head, roaring in challenge, I could feel the wind of his wing flap when he lands next to me, and the warmth when sleeping between his forelegs...
    Maybe that's the reason why I can't really RP with Zex, because even if he is a part of my personality, he is not me...

*sighs* I'm getting nostalgic now. I need some sleep. Maybe I'll see him in my dreams...

'nother things that puts me off is the resulting group of elitists that calls "Poser/wannabee" on everyone who doesnt fit into their exact measurements of what draconic is.
    Well, that's what puts me off those groups; because I don't consider myself a part of that group, I get the inevitable "you don't measure up to what we think a Dragon should be because you don't respect our group identity!". That, and those who claim they "awakened" at age 5 or whatever. Yeah, sure, buddy; do you even understand what that would mean?

I try not to be judgmental of other Dragons, but sometimes, people make it very hard to take them seriously.

Maybe. It depends on the core values and principles on which the group is founded. Most Dragons are fiercely independent, so it makes grouping together somewhat difficult. It can be done, though. We have a fairly decent group or two in SL that I feel I could recommend to those who may be interested.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I actually talked to someone like this (and before this happened I always dreamed of being a dragon), Some random person online asked if I was a dragoness, and out of pride and hope I said yes, and so they started to say stuff about me being their mate, even after I said I was human because he was a crazy guy, he started saying stuff about dragons, about how he is only the size of a horse or something, and some human found a dagger with dragon script on it, and how gold mixed with oil makes an everlasting flame, and heres the best part(sarcasm), dragon blood cures cancer, which was an instant "ok this guy is fake" for me. This person actually upset me alot, because if dragons WERE real and I wasn't one I would see no meaning in life, therefore throwing me into depression. I was upset for a couple days until I got over it, but I try to stay away from me being a dragon thoughts lately.
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

At this time I don't believe dragons are real as we imagine them, accept for the lizzards on this planet that we call dragons, or possibly as life on another planet. I will continue to feel this way untill I see one in flesh and form. Anyone that claims they ARE one in my mind is either a fake, or unstable, and has lost touch with reality.

Speaking of life on another planet, here is another theory- I don't nessisarily BELIEVE strongly in ideas of multiple lives and rebirth and such, but I am open to the possibility. I often wonder that with as many people that don't feel like they are in the right body, and I speak of any "furry" not just dragonkin, that some were reborn on this planet that once had lives on another planet that were quite different. There seems to be evidence to the idea of multiple lives in the fact that furries aren't the only types of people that wish they were different. I've seen episodes about people that actually feel like they should be paraplegics, like mabe they had once been happier in a life where they were one. These people are often driven to the point of maimimg themselves to resemble what they feel they should be (or were once?) happier as.

* snuffles curiously*

Thread Information