Thread: How long does it take for ...

Default How long does it take for ...

.. whoever admins these forums to unlock a new forum member registration ? I have registered an alt under a different name (and a hotmail email account) for RP purposes and after 3 days still dont have posting access for that log-in.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Default Re: How long does it take for ...

Short answer to your question is usually a week or less after the account has been verified as coming from a valid email account. However...

Second accounts won't be authorized if one exists already for a particular person. I'm not sure what "roleplay purposes" one could need to have a second account for, and too much abuse has happened in the past by people with multiple forum accounts that it's easier for all to have each person post under one identity.

Also, if the email account used to register with can't be verified to be with a game account, that one won't be authorized either. This has helped to cut down on spammers being able to post on the forums here.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Edit: I also checked because I was pretty sure I'd already authorized accounts twice this week, so I was concerned by the "three days" thing. It was only on the 17th that your account was created. That's just a day, not three.

As a note to you and others reading this, your account isn't even really in the system for approval until you've verified your email address.
    Last edited by Velea; October 19th, 2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Further information added

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

I'm not sure what "roleplay purposes" one could need to have a second account for, and too much abuse has happened in the past by people with multiple forum accounts ...
    Gnome main .. dragon alt .. just to seperate characters if needed. I intend making a signature directly referring to my current main's signature so it will be obvioius who my dragonling is, but yes I can see the potential for abuse.

hmmm .. I thought it was 3 days ... no matter, it wasn't in a rush as it will be an occassional post account only anyway - if I finish my dragon alt backstory I would like to post it in character.
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

also clicked the verification link in my registration email in case I forgot to do that first time around.

Actually, it took nearly two weeks for my account to be authorised from the date I registered. But it was sorted fairly quickly after I sent an email.

Email received :-

If you believe this account was deleted in error, please check that the email address you used to register on the forum matches a valid game account email address.

Your username on the forums may be different from the username for logging in to the game. However, before your registration can be completed and access to posting given, you must have a valid game account that matches your forum registration.
    Okay fair enough. Shame, I'm not posting as my new dragon character under the name of a gnome I can't be bothered playing anymore. I can't see anywhere where I can change my forum log in name to represent my new playing character either.

Any solution recommended ?
    Last edited by Magfuddle; October 25th, 2007 at 02:16 AM. Reason: clarity
    Garden Gnome - Order

Send me a PM. I have the power... muwahahahahaha *coughs* ha *hacks* ha *coughs again* Oh, nevermind, just send me a message with what display name you want and I can change it.

Thread Information