Thread: Prayers for those in Southern California

Default Prayers for those in Southern California

I know of a few people that play that live here (including me)

The fires are worse than you see on the internet and on TV news. I drove this morning to a friend's house to help him prep for a possible manditory evacuation and people were actually stopping on the freeway shoulder to watch the fire as it raced towards a huge community full of 600K dollar homes. The sun was a blood red, obscured by the thick smoke.

I am glad to have a few friends online to ease my tensions and are glad we live away from the fireline but feel sad for those 350,000 people that are now living in shelters or stadiums.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Prayers for those in Southern California

Yep, my prayers are with them as well. Its so very nasty there and so many homes lost. ;(

Just so you know im posting maps and such of the fires from cbs8.com in the general off topic area, which is under the rants channel. Doing this maily for myself but if anyone is located in/around the area and wants to be marked on my maps let me know.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

/kneel

My thought are with you ... I have lived through bush fires here in Australia. It is an experience not to envy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

I'm also thinking of you guys; we had a 'big' fire not far from my flat a couple of months ago which was bad enough, but nothing like this, not even close, so I dread to think what its like.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I know a good few folks over there too. Very best wishes to you all, and stay safe.

Graeme

I lived there for 10 years. I remember those Santa Anas. When I was there we had one really bad fire near where I lived but it wasn't like this. I haven't checked today but when I last did it appeared there were very few fatalaties so there is that.

On a side note. Isn't SOE still based in San Diego? Are they in danger? (I remember once before they almost lost the building with their servers.)

My thoughts are with those of you in souther California. May the fire's avoid your houses!

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax View Post
    On a side note. Isn't SOE still based in San Diego? Are they in danger? (I remember once before they almost lost the building with their servers.)
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?S...EW=news&bhcp=1
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Yeah we have a SoE building down here I don't think its in danger considering my dad went to work (he works for SoE) so yeah. If anyone wants stats or maps im going to be posting up another map about noon in the general off topic area.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all those who are affected.

So sad that there is nothing we can do to help

Send lots of Helian dragons that have obtained their second breath weapon, and set backfires with their first breath weapon. (wishful thinking)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Gegis View Post
    Yeah we have a SoE building down here I don't think its in danger considering my dad went to work (he works for SoE) so yeah. If anyone wants stats or maps im going to be posting up another map about noon in the general off topic area.
    I read the EQ2 forums and a few SoE personal have been evacuated from their personal homes.. They say that they were told to stay home from work. Apperantly it's rather smokey and unpleasant at their office even if it's not in immediate danger.

I feel for all that have to go through this. You have my best wishes. I can't imagine how scary it is.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

They are saying that arson is suspected with one of the larger fires. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    The sun was a blood red, obscured by the thick smoke.
    That sounds like an awesome, yet scary, sight.

Here's to hoping things will turn out as well as they can in this type of situation.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Heh, I have to say the sky is much clearer for me than the cedar fires 4 years ago, i've only seen the red sky and sun once during this one, though its probably because the fires aren't on my doorstep. I've been tempted to go down to my school which is an evac center and help but heh they evacuated all around it not to mention i'd just get in the way.

Wish i could do more myself but being a student im limited monetairly and gotta be ready to help with both houses should need be.

Thread Information