Thread: Adjusting to "SOLO" gaming.

Default Adjusting to "SOLO" gaming.

I return from a looooong sleep to stretch the wings of my draggy and offer old friend the use of my healer when in a pinch, plus for curiosity as to what the new owner would offer. I said I would play a full month before making an opinion.

Well ... I'm face with the difficulty that the game has become a ""SOLO"" game.

No more, group hunt, most guild have vanish, anyway you can't hunt with someone if your not within 5 level. People are really busy with their building project (partly due to lack of money or the trademan's willing to do the work at the price offered) or they leveling. If not of the draggon & market chat I think this game would be suffering a lot.

What this game need is bring back group gathering:
    - Get rid of the group penalty (so what if a few will power level, limit max XP depending on level,many game does it that way{% max/level} as long has the character participated during battle {combat or heal}).
    - Find a way to encourage guild sponsored hunt (% extra if more then 60% guild member)
    - Remove the penalty on group xp
    - Special area that sense and spawn larger group mobs if a group is detected.

I don't know, anything to give life. (even open the game if need be, remove the nerfing)
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Default Re: Adjusting to "SOLO" gaming.

In response to this I have to say I keep 6 different charactors on Order for just such an occasion. 17 up to 100. I'm allways happy to play any of them, I just need to know someone wants to hunt.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

removal of the group restrictions would be nice. Face it soloing in the adventure arena in HZ is pretty boring. Soloing in HZ should be left for crafters and builders. But the adventuring side of this game needs serious work.

The previous xp system was devised in order to encourage grouping. Later, when mass mobs like the fyakki were introduced, power leveling became pretty extreme.

I would have liked to have seen a cap system on xp rather than the current system which was introduced as one of a stream of measures to slow the game down, with, I felt, unfortunate results. I thought the current system was a considerable over-reaction.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't introduce a more exponential XP curve in groups.

Make it so that if you are at a 21+ Level difference, you gain 10% of the normal EXP. So if a mob gives 1,000 XP normally, you only gain 100 if you are 21 levels under the leader. If you are 20 levels under the gap, you gain, say, 25% of the EXP (250 of 1000), and if you are 10 levels under, you gain 50% of the EXP (500 out of 1000) and each level under the leader adds another 5%, until you get 100% if you are the same level as the leader.

Errr, I mean, Leader in this case = Highest Level Person in the group.

If the person is 31 or more levels under, make it 1% instead. If 41+ levels under, 0 exp period.

Obviously, anything over Lv100 is treated as Lv100, due to the fact Dragons cannot get Ratings over 100.

This would remove powerlevelling and still allow Grouping, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach View Post
    People are really busy with their building project (partly due to lack of money or the trademan's willing to do the work at the price offered) or they leveling. If not of the draggon & market chat I think this game would be suffering a lot.
    I won't comment on the other statements but I will on this.

Yes I'm busy on my lairbuilding project and as a result haven't been doing much adventuring lately. But it's not because of lack of money or such. It's because they reduced the material costs of lair construction so that it's not NEARLY as frustrating as it had been. I'm enjoying watching my lair grow. And I'm enjoying knowing It's by my own two claws that it's growing.

That is a GOOD thing.

I understand your frustration - I too have been pretty much working almost exclusively on my lairs since they were released because of the lack of adventuring that appears to not be occuring..

I have one character, so its my level or its something lower I can help with... but if its too much lower well then I'm not really any help (unless its for guard purposes) because as others pointed out - I just drain experience away.

I'm not Ancient (protesting) so I can't help with Ancient Rites or go to the Rift..

I have no biped

Guilds are smaller, some are just gone - it is the chat in the chat rooms that keeps me going - and looking out for adventuring opportunities shoudl they present themselves.

Heck now that I think bout it I dont think I've fouight a single thing in like..a year and a half or more...*blinks* gosh...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

aye, i know what you mean about the group exp ****. i would -love- to be able to hunt with my mate, but i have some 30 levels on her, and so she gets almost no exp out of it, instead we end up lairshaping.

Thumbs up Re: Adjusting to "SOLO" gaming.

I have always said the group xp thing was way to harsh and normaly it got pushed in my face.

What about powerlevelers?

My answer they will still powerlevel as solo now if some one wishes to focus all there energy to geting something done as fast as they can thats what there going to do anyway they can.

It just bones the rest of us.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Thread Information