Thread: Saga of Ryzom

Default Saga of Ryzom

Hello all. I just want to say sorry for all the Ryzom players out there right now.

I have played this game and it was amazing. There were many things I loved and have seen nowhere else. The way the seasons were done, the weather, the animal AI. It was a beautiful game full of rich lore if not many quests. The players and the Ryzom ring made up for the lack of quests though.

I want to say as a Horizons player I know how it feel to have such an uncertain future. For the last few years I've seen Horizons go from AE to Tulga, EI and now VI. Anyway, what I'm saying is that I feel for you and you all have my sympathies. I know a few of you have started popping up on Chaos and I want to extend my welcome. If any of you ever need anything ask me and I will try and help you out.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Default Re: Saga of Ryzom

I agree Nayuaka. I tried out that game for a few weeks (never got off the free starter isle) and it had some amazing features. I've never played anything like it before or since. Unfortunately for some reason I didn't quite click with the game. As others have said, "I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't quite manage it".

I was sad when I heard it folded... twice. That game had more original ideas than pretty much anything else on the market right now (that I've heard of).

I played for a bit. Most beautiful game I've seen yet and a true sandbox to boot, but there were a few mechanics that I just couldn't handle.

-You get no real heal, just "heal other" making gaining combat levels a requirement to have someone with you.

While a sound concept, I rarely play at primetimes for stateside time, so combat was nearly a no go for me

Thier winter festival is definatly a must-go!

It had a lot of potential, but I think the level of grind/lack of real quests and the fact that the world is over stuffed with mobs, making exploring or solo play deadly. It seems odd it was set up that way, since the combat and craft system looks to be set up to be mostly solo.

Thread Information