Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empy lairs.... Empty hearts

Default Re: Empy lairs.... Empty hearts

Yea, they need to turn on plot reclamation, which will solve this problem.

Unfortunately, they can't do everything at once and there are other things with higher priority. I'd rather be able to play and not have the plot I want, then not be able to play; so I have to agree that Unity needs priority.

With plot reclamation there's no need for taxes and plot reclamation is much better at targetting the plots which need to be reclaimed -- those owned by players who aren't playing anymore. As was implied already, if a tax is high enough for some players to even notice (those with multiple gold) it will be ruinous for other players. If all players could afford it, many wouldn't even notice it and their plot would hang around for years after they quit.

If players who's plot is reclaimed continue to get novians for any work they've done, they won't be totally messed up in the unlikely event that they actually decide to come back. Plot reclamation might even induce some people to come back, since they've given a warning e-mail before the reclamation happens.

Something you could do to pass the time is pick some less desireable plot and start working on it with the intention to convert everything to novians when you get the plot you really want. That way you can work on your skills and collect novians which will come in handy once you have your dream plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx View Post
    Assuming the plot reclaim ever happens, what's the largest plot (dimensions) existant?
    I believe the largest plot is 120x120... I don't remember the exact dimensions of the largest volume of lair.. but the person that currently holds it is having issues accessing the lower portions of it.. as is stated elsewhere in the forums...

It might be interesting to have a Pre-Reclamation marking... so that all those non-paying plots could be identified so that some folks have something to look forward to. Don't know if it is possible to mark it as being potentially coming up for auction... I know that there must be quite a few...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

The largest lairs that I'm aware of are 120x120x512 if I recall, which is basicaly 5x5 (on the lairbuilding window) and 7 floors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    The largest lairs that I'm aware of are 120x120x512 if I recall, which is basicaly 5x5 (on the lairbuilding window) and 7 floors.
    @#& Where is THAT one? That's twice as big as my lair....

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    512 ? O_o 7 floors is 192...
    Largest one is on Serenity, and it's 120x144x192, if I'm correct. Will have to check in game or ask a friend.
    Or maybe the relevant friend could post it himself, since he owned it.

I thought I heard someone say their lair was like 240 deep... but I could be wrong..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    I thought I heard someone say their lair was like 240 deep... but I could be wrong..
    There are indeed lairs that are 240 deep, but they aren't the largest ones. I think Salis' lair in the Titan mines is 144x144x240 (correct me if I'm wrong), and Drakul new community lair is 240 too (or was it in Aedan ? I know it is one of the guild cmmunity main lairs)

Mine is 192... 8 floors. 9 including 0. That's alot of floors O.O

Sorry I could be wrong on the numbers, but the one I have now is 5x5x7 There are a few of these scattered around in the more remote places such as drakul and trandalar. The more common that I see are the 4x5x7 or 8, I know of one owned lair, in Spire's shadow if I recall right thats something like 3x5x10 or so named somehting like river's end I think. I double check what the size is when I next log on.

Just found one in Harro that is 96x96x216. That's 4x4x9 (10 with 0)

O.O That's a reaaallly tight lair!

2 possible 'solutions' in my eyes (being a Unity player wanted a lair back on Chaos whenever we finally get moved ) that are tried and tested

1. The plot reclamations as I have *read* used to work (wasn't around when they did)
    2. UO tried and tested (and yes, it happened to me), basically the player has to visit the house once a week (I think thats the timeframe) with any of their characters to 'refresh' it. If they don't refresh it, it starts to fall into 'decay' (effectivly, a timer starts ticking away to the moment the house goes bye bye). On UO coz you can place your plot, if you don't visit it before the timer runs out, it just disappears; on HZ I guess it could go up for auction/general resale.

It WAS annoying in UO (it literally loses everything inside the house as well - I lost the 100,000 or so gold it cost me in the first place, + crafting materials + furniture + armour/weapons) but I hadn't been online in over a year so why should I be taking up the landspace that no one else could use? It's worse on UO admittedly; there are more players, but at the same time you can build virtually anywhere in the world whereas HZ is obviously limited to the already positioned plots.

and yeah, I believe apart from the odd-shaped one, the majority of the 'big' lairs are the 4x4x9(+0) like my original lair; nice depth-wise but hard to fit the rooms in without tons of corridors, or 5x5x7(+0) like my 'current' lair on Unity; can actually fit slightly more in and can fit the rooms together far more easily with little or no 'wasteful' corridors/spirals. Including a T5 grand hall if you so desire

The Titan ones is indeed bigger (I wanted that one on Unity but it wasn't for sale... ) and its Aedan that is the second biggest lair in-game (our guild owned that, not sure what the biggest one was...)
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Default Re: Empty lairs.... Empty hearts

you are barking up an old tree here. TulgaAE and now Vitrium make a boon on accounts that are being paid for but not played. Not many MMO's can boast that because no one wants to lose their plot or lair... so they pay the $13 a month. Small price to play if ever Horizons lives up to its potential. They will never do anything with an in game tax. They will also be reluctant to do a mass plot reclaim. Why ? If people that have cancelled know their plot or lair is gone they will be much less likely to return. Personally I think its a no win situation for Vitrium. Better to side with active accounts than old ones.

As a consequence newer players have a very hard time landing any property in Istaria. They then eventually leave because they are missing out on a HUGE part of the game.

A good case for instanced property zones. But thats does not add to the atmosphere of the world at all does it ?

Tryagain. I think they will do a mass repro. They will just wait till they have to which the one big have to I see coming is if they get Unity to merge. If they do that they will have to do a repro to open slots for the unity players. I also think it would be worse for them not to do a repro then it would be for them to do one.

Morally they should do a mass repo. Technically they may not. Personally I just go with the flow. I have a lair next to to 2 very good guildee frinds in bridge guard and I'm not planning on moving any time soon. I plan to build up my lair, and make a decision after that.

My reccomendation is to find a free lair to call your own for now. There is no guarantee there will be a repo any time soon. (And personally, I don't plan to move even if there was, I have friends near by and my lair is big enough to make me happy. There is more to having property than having the biggest on the server IMO.)

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Thread Information