Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic devs need to be impish some times

Default Epic devs need to be impish some times

I have not witness the plague
    But when I was a hatchling I did see the wa invade and the hole community United in a common interest

The withered ages have been laying dormant for to long cs horizons Pleas show the community a fun devilish side and have the withered ages strike us hard for a weak or so at random

And for the inevitable flaming
    Look what would you rather have a few death points and give the withered ages a pasting or have them build a army that with the living races depleted can not fend off

In other words better now than later
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Epic devs need to be impish some times

Indeed, that would be cool.

Yay.. spawn like 7 AoP's in and around Harro.. and have them march on Aug...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

what's to stop a reoccurrence of the plague? only the older players might be immune, assuming it hasn't mutated while dormant or by direct manipulation....not much coding to be done anew and it would unite the older players and the newbies.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

It'd be so awesome if monsters would attack outposts and towns again...

That was the best part of Beta! Fighting off hoardes of monsters in Harro and Morninglight...

Devs making monsters spawn in Kion and Aughendall...

Augh rocked! Gosh, I feel sorry for those who missed that. Yeah, it was laggy as HELL, but they caused a blight to appear and grow right near Aughendall with monsters appearing the whole time, and as the blight got bigger stronger monsters appeared.

I'll never forget Kion, though.... I'd swear the ?Dev? who was making Bone Marrow like monsters appear in Kion was trying to kill me! *laughs* * I laughed at what she was throwing at us, so suddenly the next several spawns appeared directly next to me haha* *I was a lvl ... 54 or 56 dragon at the time, so nothing they had prepared in-game could challenge me. She certainly tried, though!*
    Last edited by Casyle; November 12th, 2007 at 10:02 AM.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

I think the problem right now is most of the devs work part time, I understand, and they do not want to take time away from fixes and other long term programing to run "mini" events like this. Which I understand and agree with fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I think the problem right now is most of the devs work part time, I understand, and they do not want to take time away from fixes and other long term programing to run "mini" events like this. Which I understand and agree with fully.
    But somthing like the plague ran itself, hehe, that was just an evil time, but an awsome idea!

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    But somthing like the plague ran itself, hehe, that was just an evil time, but an awsome idea!
    The Plague was awesome! Of course, I was also a dragon, but I still healed people. Still have the spell to cure it scribed.

I laughed at the people bitching and moaning. Yeah, some jerk players were intentionally leaving their afflicted characters standing on portals, but, ya know what, there where always dragon players willing to cure you. Hell, there was a channel up specifically for people to come to when they needed to be cured, and some dragons even stayed in busy towns to cure.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

But they would still have to program a new end to the plague as well as program a new spell, as it would be kind of cheesy to me to use the old spell.

That and a lot of people did not like the plague as it was easy to grift people with it.

Don't get me wrong, I would love events again but I just think there are higher priorities, that they are working on and one of them I hope is the next part of the current event. It will not be a quick thing and doing such mini events might slow them down to much i think.

Bringing back the plague is a BAD, BAD, BAD, **BAD** IDEA. For those of you who don't remember, simply choose not to remember, or just weren't here, the most prominent effects of the plague was making everyone distrustful of each other, making the already sparsely populated cities completely devoid of life, and even making some people stop playing - either for the duration of the plague or forever.

The only thing the plague event did was drive a wedge into the community. Sure, it might look great on paper, and dragons thought it was pretty cool (they were immune, after all, and held the only non-lethal cure), but the actual outcome of the event was, on the whole, nothing but bad for Horizons.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Casyle View Post
    Augh rocked!
    Now thats.. quite Punny I'd have to say..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I would like to see it. Having world-altering effects even temporary ones would be very interesting to see.

what i am talking about is Dralk is under attack all Istarians save Dralk we defeat them they crop up in another area at random
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    what i am talking about is Dralk is under attack all Istarians save Dralk we defeat them they crop up in another area at random
    To have it constant like that though would probably need manual implimentation.... I do not think they have a spare GM per server to do such a thing. Maybe for a few hours a weekend? A random time every other week? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Bringing back the plague is a BAD, BAD, BAD, **BAD** IDEA. For those of you who don't remember, simply choose not to remember, or just weren't here, the most prominent effects of the plague was making everyone distrustful of each other, making the already sparsely populated cities completely devoid of life, and even making some people stop playing - either for the duration of the plague or forever.

The only thing the plague event did was drive a wedge into the community. Sure, it might look great on paper, and dragons thought it was pretty cool (they were immune, after all, and held the only non-lethal cure), but the actual outcome of the event was, on the whole, nothing but bad for Horizons.
    First, with and due to everything you discribed, I think it finally brought a bit of charactor to the community. Why does everything have to be I love you and you love me all the time? Remeber there is supposed to be a bit of hostile lore to began Istharia that people tend to forget. Oh dear, there's the word again. Dispite that, it's a plague! The best way to avoid catching it would be to stay out of populated areas. It's to be expected in such an event.

As far as people that stopped playing, they simply didn't know how to make the best of the situation by acting the role of their charactor in that situation instead of getting frusterated that they can't build this or that because they became too weak. They missed out on a great pice of Istaria history.

Second, I dont' really want to see it come back, it's allready been done. What I would like to see is ideas as interesting brought about.
    Last edited by CallakDW; November 12th, 2007 at 05:14 PM.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

After a year of EI just patching again seemed pretty epic.

I would guess they need a little more time, not everything is going to happen at once and we know they have some big items on their plate (i.e. trying to get the Union characters to merge)

I know and i hope that they can sore fight craft and gain Death Points once again ! holds up a foam finger saying unity #1!

A big Thank You, folks

For postponing your wishes an ideas for the Unity Issue.

You`re all the best mates possible

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Why does everything have to be I love you and you love me all the time?
    Why not?

If you want hate and violence and mistrust etc. you just have to look to the real world and have fun if that's what you like.

I personally like love and trust (or more neutral live and let be) much more. I play to relax and rewind and that's a lot easier in a "loving" environment.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    A big Thank You, folks

For postponing your wishes an ideas for the Unity Issue.

You`re all the best mates possible

heartwarming isn't it...

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information