Thread: An explanation of chat channels (proposal)

Hybrid View

Default Re: An explanation of chat channels (proposal)

Modifying these...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    The Gifted, their Gift a product of the Life aspect of the Ritual, thus sharing origin with the channels to some extent, are the only ones who are able to sense and shape these magical channels.
    non-Gifted cannot sense, access, or control channels
    ...with this:
    My explanation of chat channels states that only the Gifted can access them. But, firstly, that explanation is not official and no one is obligated to adhere to it. Secondly, I'm probably going to amend it to say that, since the Ritual of Everlasting Life's effects are partially Energy and partially Life, the effects are not always complete and may lean strongly or entirely to one or the other. This would mean that a character can lack the aspect of the Gift that grants immortality, but still be able to use channels to some extent.

Maybe your character can't use them at all. Maybe they have full use. Maybe they can access, but not speak or act within. Maybe they can't kick others out or promote others' power over the channel. Maybe some channels and not others, randomly or dependent on specific factors. Maybe only when they're in miscellaneous contact with Energy, i.e. by casting Energy spells or having a buff to Energy-something on them.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: An explanation of chat channels (proposal)

A very satisfying explanation, I was wondering myself how that chat channels could be explained

I am Dragon, hear me RAWR!!!!!

Thread Information