Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

Default Re: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

Aha! I think I have it, thankyou.

Fine, tell me if it works this time.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

...It does. It's just...now there's funny planar graphics in varying shades of purple, and no more objects in the game. XD Wow. That's not the emote thing, is it....

Errrr.... o_O

It should have nothing to do with the emote pack. It just plays around with animations and sounds, but doesn't go further in graphical modifications.

Have you downloaded it here? http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=45

Have you tried before and after installing it to see if you get the same issue?
    If it is the same, I suggest you to update your graphical card drivers.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Ergh... I know it not technically an emote...but because this "fix" requires you to change the "dragona_u_anim_standard" and the "dragon_u_anim_standard" which is also part of Zex's and Firebrand's emote pack....I'll post it here. Then maybe one of them can make the apporpriate changes.

This fix addresses the issue of the khutit not displaying the transformation animation when transforming from khutit to dragon (Dragon Form). To fix it first you must locate the two files mentioned above ( "dragona_u_anim_standard" and "dragon_u_anim_standard" ) in your resource_override folder.

You can always do a "search" if you are having a hard time finding them, otherwise the file path should be something like this: C:/program files/Virtrium/Horizons/resource_override/resources/definitions/characters

There you should see two folders "dragon" and "dragona_u" which have the files inside that we will need to be editing.
    Since both files have to be changed the EXACT same way, I'll just focus on the "dragona_u_anim_standard" file in this post.(this would be the file for ancient dragons)

Step1: Make a copy of the "dragona_u_anim_standard" file (and save it somewhere else like in "My Documents"), so should something go wrong, you will still have the original.

Step2: Open file in notepad and scroll down until you see the following:

Code:
    		//transformto
    		{
    			string name = "transformto"
    			float easeInTime = 0.01
    			float easeOutTime = 0.15
    			TAnimation list animList = 
    			{
    				{
    					string name = "dragon_u_transform.gr2"
    				}	
    			}
    		}
    This code is how to display the animation from Dragon to khutit. As you can see though, the reverse animation for Khutit to dragon is missing.

Step3: Directly under this line, insert the following:

Code:
    		//transformfrom
    		{
    			string name = "transformfrom"
    			float easeInTime = 0.01
    			float easeOutTime = 0.15
    			TAnimation list animList = 
    			{
    				{
    					string name = "dragon_u_transform_reverse.gr2"
    				}	
    			}
    		}
    Step4: Save changes.

Do the exact same changes(step1-4) described above to your "dragon_u_anim_standard" file (which would be the adult dragon version).

If you don't have zexion and firebrand's emote pack, but would still like this fix you can also find the same files in your resources folder. (C:/program files/Virtrium/Horizons/resources/definitions/characters)
    Just make the same changes as described above and save to your resource_override folder.

Notes: It is very important you do not make any spelling errors or misplace any of the }. Also, make absolutely sure you do not have multiple copies of the "dragona_u_anim_standard" and the "dragon_u_anim_standard" files in your resource_override. This will prevent the fix from working. Do a "search" on your resource_override if you are not sure.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Nice find Xanthia! It works fine for me.
    I'll add your fix to the emote pack... and also should make some cosmetical changes on some texts. If someone has something to report about the pack, that's just the right moment!

I think your fix should be added to official files though.

Heh. I discovered this one a few weeks ago and was going to fix it when I add those new emotes. I already had it changed on my machine but had not yet uploaded the new def file. So it will be official at that point. Good catch, though.

The Emote Pack has been updated with Xanthia's fix.
    Here are the changes:

v2.1.2 (Novembre 27, 2009)
    =====================

- Khutit to Dragon transformation animation is now back after being long lost. All credit for this fix goes to Xanthia. [Firebrand]
    - /crackneck text doesn't refer to plurial anymore (any dual-heads Dragons in Istaria??). This problem exists in official files as well. [Firebrand]
    - Khutit emotes no longer refers to male gender. It now uses neutral instead. This exists in official files as well. [Firebrand]
    - default game folder is now C:\Program Files\Istaria or C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria for 64-bits Windows systems in the MOD installer. The installer will still find the right folder itself for players who installed the game before Virtirum released its Web installer [Firebrand]
    - updated installation instructions in the Read Me. [Firebrand]

Download link can be found at the first post (same spot as usual). Enjoy!

Solitaire, if you are going to dig into the emotes, please take a look at the Khutit ones in official files: most are broken (fixed in the MOD).

Quick update to match the MOD with the new emotes files from Blight (client v383.21.4). Please note that the emotes pack doesn't contain the animation files. This means you will still have to patch on Blight to see the new animations. If you don't do this, you will have the new emotes in the emotes list, but no animation will be played when you will use the new emotes.

This update is more for the early users of the Blight client. To players who prefer to wait until it's patched on Live Shards, I will suggest to stick to the v2.1.2 of our MOD; it is still available here.

v2.2 (November 29, 2009)
    ===================

- updated the MOD with v383.21.4 client official files which add 6 new Dragon emotes [Firebrand]

Link to the file at the first post of this thread, as usual.

thanks so much!

do i have to patch to blight every time ? o_0
    i downloaded the new pack but i no see that emots ? "and it takes for ever to patch to blight =_= .... ""
    Last edited by Hellenia; November 29th, 2009 at 04:25 AM.
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

ok is a little lost ... i looked in the dragon _emote .def folder in the over right folder . and i dont see ant new emots beside the ones i had from b4 ???
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    do i have to patch to blight every time ? o_0
    i downloaded the new pack but i no see that emots ? "and it takes for ever to patch to blight =_= .... ""
    Juste once, then use the patch bypass option in your launcher if you want to play on Live Shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    ok is a little lost ... i looked in the dragon _emote .def folder in the over right folder . and i dont see ant new emots beside the ones i had from b4 ???
    Use the v2.2 version of the pack and you will not have to dig in the .def files.

ok, I downloaded the new emote pack, and patched to blight. the "bow" emote is missing, am I missing something? I tried 3 times. :P

It works for me as Hatchling and Ancient Dragon. I can't test as Adult Dragon, though.
    Have you tried without the MOD (so just the official emotes)?

Just a notice: v2.2 will not interact properly with v2.1.2 users.
    v2.2 works between v2.2 users and should work between v2.2 users and non MOD users. I have to check the last one, though.

So, for Live Shards players who mostly interact with players who still have the Live Shard client, it should be a good idea to stick to v2.1.2 to have the proper emotes with your friends, even you have patched with the Blight client.
    Then update their version when Blight client will become Live.

Sorry I accidentally, I think, reported the download as broken. Of course it wasn't, it's because I didn't know what I was clicking and didn't read the first post properly.

Downloaded successfully anyhow.

Rakku

No problem. Have fun.
    I checked all links in my download section, and they are all valid.

However, if you use the Live client, I suggest you to use the v2.1.2 instead of the v2.2.
    See these 2 links: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...3&postcount=89 and http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...0&postcount=96

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    No problem. Have fun.
    I checked all links in my download section, and they are all valid.

However, if you use the Live client, I suggest you to use the v2.1.2 instead of the v2.2.
    See these 2 links: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...3&postcount=89 and http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...0&postcount=96
    Done and done. I had downloaded 2.2, but I've now downloaded an will use 2.1.2.

Thanks for the info!

Rakku

I've tried bow, yawn, and a few other emotes and for some reason it doesn't play itself out. The chat action shows up though.

Thread Information