Thread: Robbers on Order

Default Robbers on Order

Okay sorry if my post does not make any sense, but right now I am extremely angered and I can't focus myself on grammar and such.

Well yesterday I made a full T2 silo of slate construction blocks on Mahagra for a friend. When the silo was full I had to go so I asked the friend to haul the blocks to my own storage.

When I came back this afternoon the said friend told me that approx. 100 blocks remaining in the silo disapeared when he came back for the second haul....

That's so GREAT ! I'd better not find the one who did that....

And also I just heard that in a period of 30 mins someone also stole a silo full of slate spell shards in the same place, and also 1000+ blocks from someone else...

So, people on Order, do not leave anything in opened silos, even for a short while !

*is disgusted*

Default Re: Robbers on Order

This is nothing new. It has happened to me a couple times over the years with silos full of gems.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sorry to hear this, zex....
    as you may know, some on blight got hit as well a couple months ago.
    fortunately, after i had my blowup, i got over things and we on blight moved on, as we always do......
    but that shouldn't lead anyone to think we are not vigiliant and wary......

as has been stated before, just make sure you set the permissions and keep on doing what you do. stolen stuff can be remade, and with your community behind the process, quickly and well!!

to the peeps who will stoop so low, understand that you will be caught eventually and banned, at the very least. but that prolly doesn't bother you, as you obviously don't care about the spirit of horizons anyway.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thanks for you message Velveeta !

With the help of guildies and other people of Order, we replaced the missing items. Thanks again all !
    But now for sure my lair will be set to guild only or work with friend list.

My comments below do not really apply to your scenario, Zeoxoin, as you said you had a friend picking up the goods moments later. But regardless....

I simply try not to leave anything in a public silo when I log out, in my eyes public silos are for temporary inbetween storage only, and doing so is inconsiderately making others move your stuff around in order to use the silo, or have to risk making the assumtion that what is left in the silo is left over or forgotten and using or deleting it. I will admit to myself having used goods that I found in a public silo in the past, but only after trying to contact the creator and finding them offline. At the time I did not think of the possibility of temporarily putting it on a connie untill I'm done as was suggested when I posed the question in the marketplace. I don't commonly use connies.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

It sucks that people do this, and I understand your frustration but...

Have you seen that Visa ad? Where the couple leave their digital camera on a table in an outdoor patio and our Point of View follows the camera? Anyway, it just sits there all night, as people use the table, as a party goes on nearby, as the place is cleaned, and as, I think, it rains. Then the couple come back and pick it up in the morning. Then the ad says "If life were like this, you wouldn't need a Visa" and it cuts to them slapping down their credit card to buy a new camera.

Simply put, you wouldn't be surprised if your camera disappeared from a restaurant if you left it there overnight, and you shouldn't be surprised if your stack of blocks disappears from a *known public silo* if you leave it there long enough. That doesn't make it right that someone would take your stuff, but you should make an attempt to protect yourself, just as you would in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    ...making the assumtion that what is left in the silo is left over or forgotten and using or deleting it. I will admit to myself having used goods that I found in a public silo in the past, but only after trying to contact the creator and finding them offline.
    There have been times where I would leave leftovers in a public silo for others to use. I have since stopped doing that as I once recieved a tell from someone who wanted to know if I wanted the 50-some odd viridian crystals I had left in a silo over three days ago!

So.... you're telling me that for three days.... no one has been able to use this silo because they were afraid to touch <100 resources?

Okay, lesson learned. I will delete leftovers from now on, but wouldn't the laws of resources and laircrafting/crafting dictate that anything over 200 resources are currently being used and anything less is not? (or easily replaced for that matter)

Yes, it sucks, but there are new people showing up all the time who don't know any better, let alone those who have no qualms with taking anything not nailed down. I agree with Callak; if you log off either secure the silo (if you own it), or empty it out. If ya gotta go, ya gotta go, but don't be surprised if someone comes along and cleans it out to make way for their own work.

Occasionally I will leave stuff in a silo, too, but it is usually leftovers, and I leave it for whomever comes after me to use as they see fit.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    So.... you're telling me that for three days.... no one has been able to use this silo because they were afraid to touch <100 resources?
    More than likely yes, but in my case it was more like 500. That's a full invantory. You can see why I would be a little worried about using it up. For everyone's pice of mind, it's probably a good idea to clean up when you are done.

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Okay, lesson learned. I will delete leftovers from now on, but wouldn't the laws of resources and laircrafting/crafting dictate that anything over 200 resources are currently being used and anything less is not? (or easily replaced for that matter)
    Not nessisarily. I've personally forgotten and left >500 resources in a silo, only to return to the silo a couple days later and see that they are mine. What? I made those? Oh doen't I feel sheepish.

* snuffles curiously*

Is it possible to mark those 'left-overs for who-ever wants it'; so the next person knóws what to do with things he finds in an open silo he/she wants to use, while there is no-one about actually doing anything with whatever is in silo?

Is it possible, for instance, to 'customize' those leftovers, and write in there 'be happy: for the taking' when that is the reason of leaving stuff behind after logging out? (Wish there were signposts in the game, that you could plant next to such a silo.... that would be best of all)

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    Is it possible to mark those 'left-overs for who-ever wants it'; so the next person knóws what to do with things he finds in an open silo he/she wants to use, while there is no-one about actually doing anything with whatever is in silo?

Is it possible, for instance, to 'customize' those leftovers, and write in there 'be happy: for the taking' when that is the reason of leaving stuff behind after logging out? (Wish there were signposts in the game, that you could plant next to such a silo.... that would be best of all)
    Unless they have changed things recently, you can't customize stacks of recources, I once tried custamizing a single resource item, it won't let you, and if you could you would have to have all of it in your invantory to do it, because you can't customize somthing that you don't have in posession.

Lableable silos is another possibility, and somthing that I believe has been requested before.

* snuffles curiously*

Thread Information