Thread: (New) Dragon Lair Tapestries

Default (New) Dragon Lair Tapestries

Whilst mucking about in the texture files, I came across some of the unused texture files for dragon tapestries. I have zipped them up so that you can change the type of tapestry that is shown (only on your PC) when you see a dragon tapestry. They look like this...

It makes a nice change to be able to see something new on the walls - even if they are all still the same style.

Follow the link in my signature to get to my website.

Enjoy
    Val

Default Re: (New) Dragon Lair Tapestries

awesome. I think with this base we could attempt to make more patterns as well to add to the library of murals?

I like the idea, but I want to be able to have all of them displayable at different locations in a lair rather than changing all of the doorway plugs, so I made a post in suggestions referencing this thread.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    I like the idea, but I want to be able to have all of them displayable at different locations in a lair rather than changing all of the doorway plugs, so I made a post in suggestions referencing this thread.
    Thank you.

Seriously? There's other tapestry choices just sitting in my hard drive unused? I've been wanting new choices forever! I would so like to see these made as new options for building. And it couldn't be that hard!

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

I'm making even more tapestries. Just need to get the textures I made converted into AGH format. Read that the game "automagically" converts from TGA (once the TGA is in resources_override, I assume), but so far it's not happening. =/
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

There.

And here are the tapestries I've made. Some of them aren't tapestries as such, but alternative materials like leather and a papery stuff.

If anyone would like to give me permission to convert their dragon-related art into tapestries, I would be happy to do so.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Nice work there.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

oo - now you've got me all interested in making tapestries - nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    There.

And here are the tapestries I've made. Some of them aren't tapestries as such, but alternative materials like leather and a papery stuff.

If anyone would like to give me permission to convert their dragon-related art into tapestries, I would be happy to do so.
    I would even suggest using ClaWrite for the font on the tapestries, but I'm not certain about the rights for that.

Someone called 'Baxil' made it, but he seems to have not paid attention to it in a long while.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

There.

I copied the command into the command_player def file and it is working in game - in that it does not say "unknown command" - but it is coming up file not found with the tga file I'm trying to convert..

Do you put the tga file in the textures directory to convert it? I've tried many different places to no avail.

I'm starting Hz using a batch file with no master list as referred to in the other post.
    Last edited by Valornyx; November 21st, 2007 at 04:36 AM.

gah 30 minute edit

Oh - and Xoshara .. I like your work with the tapestries, but can I suggest you modify the nested directories that you have in the zip files .. as it stands, your work will be overwritten every time there is a new change out from Vi...

Put the file into a set of directories that is (Hz/)resources_override/resources/textures_agh/objects/tapestries/com_drag_healer_tap.agh .. then it will not be overwritten

I'd also suggest a little note on your site that tells people to unzip the files to the horizons directory (although it is fairly obvious to most people - you have to make things really simple for some)

heh, I responded to a PM before hitting this thread to see that the question was already answered... with a reference back to one of my own posts on the forums. x_x

Anyway, brief experimentation done tonight to refresh my memory confirmed that it WILL convert items in resources_override without having to bypass the master file list.

Also, for almost all cases, simply putting your replacement textures in resources_override\textures[_agh] is plenty to get the textures to appear. The resource manager only cares about file names, so the folder structure is only really there to help keep Windows from exploding, and make it easier to locate assets when they need fixed/changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    I'd also suggest a little note on your site that tells people to unzip the files to the horizons directory (although it is fairly obvious to most people - you have to make things really simple for some)
    I already have a note on there that says to unzip it to the resources_override folder within the Horizons folder. It was a smaller font size though, so maybe it wasn't showing up on some browsers+settings?

I'm not sure if someone has asked this already, but is there a way people can have their own custom tapestry? like if they want a screenshot of their dragon to be one?
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

I already have a note on there that says to unzip it to the resources_override folder within the Horizons folder. It was a smaller font size though, so maybe it wasn't showing up on some browsers+settings?
    Quite right - my bad .. unzipped the file a while after looking at the website and did not refer back to it - mea culpa

Ok - made some new ones...

I have made mine out of metal and stone, as I think it more likely that dragons would work with these materials over cloth. Also as Tramsan put it "less flammable".

Link in my signature to the website.

I love your wonderful work val

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information