Thread: Some suggestions for Horizons 1 :-P

Default Some suggestions for Horizons 1 :-P

Suggestions for Horizons

1. Do a full rebuild of the graphics and the way that they load, make it compatible with vista. The current graphics are very dated, tunnels that should be rounded are strait edged (flat multi-sided), lair entrances showing up with black holes where the edges of the lair meets the ground (best seen from up high and from a distance as a dragon), trees that have flat branches, etc. Things like dragon texture fading away when you take just a couple steps away from the dragon even when you have the sliders all maxed out.
    2. Upgrade the spell effects. The dragon animation is fine it’s that the flame that is at the dragon’s feet instead of in its hand when it’s summoning the fire. It does not go with the animation.
    3. Dragon fixes.
    a. Take the mod for white teeth/claws for example. My hatchling that is black w/red circular marking looks a LOT better now that I am using that mod. When the player creates the dragon have it under normal lighting so they can see what the dragon really looks like before they enter it in the game. Also give them the option to have the whitened teeth/claws and wing tip spikes or not. Some people like having them the same color as their scales.
    b. Please give us the option to change out scale colors and marking when we become adults and ancients. What looks good on a hatchling may not look so good when an adult.
    c. We need a Roar animation and sound. It would be great to have all the dragons at a rite of passage be able to whoop it up somehow besides just flying around.
    4. Quests…When you move/remove an npc please update the quests that are associated with that npc. I had three broken quests that I had to drop one was with the old bank manager who is now in prison.
    5. Delivery quests and any quest really…list the name of the npc who you need to talk to each step. Take the Gregory quests for an example. One keeps saying “see map�. I did not know I received a “map� from the npc and was looking all over the in-game map for a marker.
    6. Web site. Remove the checkmark in the .net box. If we forget to uncheck it and are running XP or vista it locks up the computer.
    7. Dragon lairs,
    a. Add more tapestries. There are some great looking ones in mods
    b. Lair entrances do not mesh well with the mountain sides. It was worth repeating.
    c. Lairs should have a ledge that we can bask on. Especially the lairs that are off the ground, I flew all over looking at lairs and seen only a few that has ledges. Most have easy access so even a naka-duskael can just walk right in.
    d. Dragons hoard room. Show different piles of hoard depending on the amount of hoard we have. The bigger the hoard the shinier  the hoard could show up piled around the vault claw ball thing.

Default Re: Some suggestions for Horizons 1 :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Wisperer View Post
    Suggestions for Horizons

c. We need a Roar animation and sound. It would be great to have all the dragons at a rite of passage be able to whoop it up somehow besides just flying around.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17236

Yes i seen that MOD, i'm saying the DEV's should add in animations with sound.

hear hear, i agree with what you posted dude.

Yes i seen that MOD, i'm saying the DEV's should add in animations with sound.
    agreed, this one would be the simplest to do because the files are already there, all they need to do is tie them into an update, we already know they can do this because they did it with one of the emote packs already.

ok, another one i thought up, dragon breath, why is it not a cone shaped area attack? in other words if two critters are standing right next to each other should not the breath attach also hit (unless it dodges) that other one too?

oh, and should not the breath attack accually have to be breathed ON the target? have a head turning to aim at the target if its in the front half (or a little more then half as they can breath under ther wings) of the dragon and a turning to face (whole body) when its behind them.
    The melee and spell attacks should also have us face the enemy but they have a smaller radius then the breath attack before the whole body turns.

oh, and should not the breath attack accually have to be breathed ON the target? have a head turning to aim at the target if its in the front half (or a little more then half as they can breath under ther wings) of the dragon and a turning to face (whole body) when its behind them.
    The melee and spell attacks should also have us face the enemy but they have a smaller radius then the breath attack before the whole body turns.
    Well, I'm actually a little thankful that it does not make us face the target. There has been a few games where it requires you to face the target and frankly, it was more annoying than it was practical and looked accurate.

Have you ever accidentally hit you camera swing button, then tried to move forward from the screen rather than the way you are faced and end up moving backwards/sideways?

It's annoying. Would be even more so if the game automatically turned you and not your camera.

ok, maybe not the body turning all the way around...just enough so the melee attacks look like they are being used on that target instead of swinning ahead of you and the target being behind your tail.
    The camera position could be locked/unlocked per players choice.

There is a "face combat target" hotkey command. You can add it to all of your spells/abilities and it'll work just nicely.

(Just don't add it on your escape keys )
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    (Just don't add it on your escape keys )
    lol

I do have the "face Combat Target" command in my breath attack. It works good but, it would be nice if when the target moves a little to the left that the head would turn that direction on the breath and bite attacks.

Well, there is code and everything for head motion, as seen with free look, but while making your head point at your current target might be a relatively small task, it's very much fluff so low priority. Until then you're just gonna have to make do with the face combat target option.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information