Thread: Plot advice while were in maintenance.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Question Plot advice while were in maintenance.

Greetings one and all,

Yesterday i took the plunge and bought a plot for the benefit of my Confectioner.
    I've planned it out with teir 1 stuff as i have no plot builder chars yet.

Hence the original question.

I've made a char i want to be my plot builder and have so far gained 12 lvl's in Mining. I'm planning to take the char to 15 Mining then 15 Gatherer.
    Is this a good start for the char?
    Also does anyone have any tips for making a Plot builder char?

Cheers Sindala (Cook/slave to Slayvite)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Plot advice while were in maintenance.

sorry, sin, things work a little differently on blight (most peeps there are crafters by nature, thank illy! i hate essence gathering....), and i became a builder from necessity anyway...

but here are my observations -
    metal, stone, and wood construct was easy for me, because of the expert blacksmith, but i get no xp for the lower level stuff - due to the high skill in stoneworking, lumbering/logging, etc: for instance, when i started my carp skewl, i got no exp for anything less than applying finished construct stuff.

on the other hand, fabric is a big pain - since blacksmith does nothing for fabric, i get great xp for everything, but it takes a lot of resources and such to make anything.

one of the builders will be able to tell you more, but i would say you are heading in the right direction.....i think miner gives you a good base for stone and metal while gatherer gives you fabric and wood.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

On the prestige schools like fitter,weaver ect. when you join the schools, do you get the forms for plot crafting like with Lairshaping or do you have to purchase them with tokens?

I ask as im not getting any tokens from doing the quests for mining /gathering, so im thinking i should do the first 10 lvls of others like blacksmith and outfitter aswell just to get some tokens.

All of the building forms are purchasable from the trainers.. Well. beginner and Journeyman ones are for Coin, not tokens. The Expert ones, I believe are able to be aquired through talks with the Vielo or through adventuring. The Master ones can be gotten from the guy that fetches out all the rest of the Master forms (I think).
    As for the best, fastest way to make a builder character... I would talk to the player of "Plot Builder" as thats the way that character started out.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

You get a few basic building-forms from the trainer when you start. You have to buy the other forms needed; but builder-trainers take money, no tokens needed.

Yes, Frat took the words out of my mouth.... talk to "Plot" on chaos shard

his name is "Plot Builder" (Mithril Council I do believe for the guild)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Talking to a real live person is best, but a few observations.

Taking Blacksmith and Scholar as your 'main' classes for levelling is helpful. I think that covers all the resource gathering and primary processing.

Levelling Miner/Gatherer alone is a rough time levelling. You will need to decide if it's worth it to you considering you can grind out levels of the generalist/builder classes MUCH easier.

What I've seen a lot of people do is grind/power level their generalist classes till they are at 2:1 for the bricks/orbs/spool etc. Then switch to Gatherer/miner to level it to produce the material. Then switch to the other building class to apply. Hold onto everything until you are at least 3:1 before applying, otherwise it's kind of a bit waste. Just my 2 copper.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Hey! I don't see any mention of WOOD there Hratli (wink wink)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Well, you don't have to wait until you are 3:1 on applying, since the difficulty no longer scales from 5:1 to 2:1. 3:1 is the minimum efficiency ratio now.

Drev

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Sindala, for miner and gatherer route, back in the pre-merge days, you ended up having to actually go to level 16 because the skill didn't quite register that you were 150 when you were 150. The construction trainers didn't want to recognize you were that far along.

When you're ready for the construction classes, you'll find it fairly easy to keep three towns in mind:
    Kion: Weaver. Up in Lady Kendra's house, right side.
    Sslanis: Enchanter. Outside the main town and above it in the little houses.
    Parsinia: Carpenter, Fitter, Mason. Main building of town, lower level.
    You'll be traveling back and forth between them for changing classes. Other places for trainers are Aughundell (mason) and Dalimond (carpenter).

As for advice: Find a good dealer for cargo gear and tools. You'll want to tech absolutely everything when you get it new. Every little point early on helps you out towards a better efficiency. When working resources, try to do at least 5-10 more levels higher in a class once you do reach efficiency. That will get you over a severe point of 4:1 processing the next tier resources. This may mean having to farm yourself out to build on others' plots or take up WorldProjects. In the long run, you'll feel better building things than making/deconstructing things, which construction classes don't have a good option of doing since they don't make tools or armors or equipment.

Also, keep in mind that your non-cargo gear goes off armor use, which doesn't gain very fast in construction. So, when it comes to shoulderpads, mask, and gloves, you'll likely be a tier or two down all the time. For instance, I'm carpenter 87 and just starting into my ironsilk set. However, I'm still wearing cotton non-cargos.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    In the long run, you'll feel better building things than making/deconstructing things, which construction classes don't have a good option of doing since they don't make tools or armors or equipment.
    Actually they do, both Fitter, Carpenter and Mason can make/decon tools for exp as they have Metalworking, Woodworking and Sculpting respectively.

Not saying it's a better route to go, but the option is there if need be

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggy View Post
    Actually they do, both Fitter, Carpenter and Mason can make/decon tools for exp as they have Metalworking, Woodworking and Sculpting respectively.

Not saying it's a better route to go, but the option is there if need be
    Yes... I do agree with Scraggy *pat pats the dragon* I made my levels over the Thanksgiving weekend making and deconning board planes. I tried making braces and timbers, and applying them, but the XP was far less than just sitting with a disk full of lumber and making board planes.

I tried buckets, but they took 8 boards vs. 6 and the XP difference was like 200 XP so I rip out the calculator and found that even though I was optimal for the buckets, the resource loss per round was too much and you end up losing XP.

A good rule of thumb (this is just me and how I did it) was I leveled Carpentry up to 93rd, then collected a bunch of yew lumber, and then switched to Gatherer, went from 1st to 20th level in about 10 minutes, then switched to weaver. Gatherer is very easy to level if you already have 1 high level craft that deals with wood / essence / plants.

a good method for levelling Weaver is to get the fashion clothes formulas and head to Fabric Island where there's flax, kenaf and cotton.. Make and deconstruct fashion clothes for weaver exp.

the only construction class you don't get exp for non-construction items (unless you count purifying orbs) is Enchanter.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thread Information