Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion for Delta 126

Default Discussion for Delta 126

The latest delta was applied to Blight this afternoon.

Patch notes can be found here:
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=239

Lots to test, so we'll need a good deal of help. Please post your feedback in this thread.

And as the gnomes say, Merry Gnomekindle!

Default Re: Discussion for Delta 126

O.O wow...

*runs off to Blight*

Our Blight testers are quick.

Some issues we know about already:

Gnomekindle new costumes do not have their texture applied properly, so the gnomes will appear grey.
    Those same costumes on players aren't attached at the waist.

And the presents, trees, and other world decorations are not appearing correctly for some players.
    Last edited by Velea; December 6th, 2007 at 12:56 AM.

on the quest: research verdean core chunk to Bastea the Outfitter. Bastea is the jeweler trainer.
    all the biped quests from Marcus the pb run fine. Barridin's quests also run fine. The tech reward is applyable to an item with a tech slot free.
    Could not do the quests at sslanis from ssorren.
    on Quest Sslanis militia. Defenders Blade. sshranu will not accept the flame essence and just asks if I wish to join the alchemists school. may possibly be as the essence on me is called Flame Essence yet quest asks for Flame Wisp Essence.

Hermey the Misfit on the Gnomekindle has a text mistake.
    on completion text he has (vendors name) instead of Dolly- the vendors name

Revaan in mahagra will not accept his present.

That is all from me so far

As requested Velea

Could you turn on the ornaments in the resource nodes please

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryin View Post
    Could you turn on the ornaments in the resource nodes please
    The gnomes asked Darsenia really nicely, really really nicely, if she would release her ornament supply so that they could be hidden amongst regular resources. She said no.

The gnomes then tried threatening Darsneia. And if you've ever watched a gnome turn all red and threatening, you'll understand totally why she just laughed, and still said no.

So I'm afraid that for this year, ornaments will only come from the treants themselves.

on Quest Sslanis militia. Defenders Blade. sshranu will not accept the flame essence and just asks if I wish to join the alchemists school. may possibly be as the essence on me is called Flame Essence yet quest asks for Flame Wisp Essence.
    I think I found the problem with the Defender's Blade quest last night. The other quests in the series aren't available until after completing Defenders Blade (It's a series, after all ), so at least that part is working correctly.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    And the presents, trees, and other world decorations are not appearing correctly for some players.
    The gnomes are coming to take me away, ho ho, ha ha, he he. They're coming to take me away! To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time....

Ok, you get the point by now I'm sure. Were it not for the screenshot I have as proof, at this point I would think that my mind has finally gone.

This morning I played on Chaos for a bit before logging in to Blight and starting testing. When I got to Blight, the presents were decorated, and the trees were blinking. (Though the gnomes were still grey.)

So please, if anyone has the problem with brown presents and boring trees, let me know somehow. Otherwise I'm going to consider this a non-bug. I asked around on Blight this morning, and everyone there is seeing things as they should. So if that's not the case, we'll need to know it.

Thanks

Typo on 'It's a Frightening World'. quest on Yukon

Yukon tells you, 'I can tell just by looking at ya Chasing_chaos. Yer just the sort of (race) I been lookin' for. Ya see, my friend has a problem. Not me, no no. Yukon Cornelius wouldn't n'er have a problem like this. But my friend, well, he's rather embarassed ta talk about this problem in such a, well, public place, ya see. He's afraid to go into the snow country. Ya see, he's afraid of the monsters. Hear's the crunch o' their feet, sees their black eyes glowin' against the snow

Also the following NPC's are showing a grey on my client for clothing.

'Mrs. Clause 3288602'
    'Mayor Clause 3288601'
    'Hermey Misfit Gnome 3288779'
    'Cashier Blue 3288592'
    'Cashier Green 3288895'
    'Cashier Orange 3288962'
    'Cashier Purple 3289071'
    'Cashier Red 3289033'
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

The mob counter for the 'It's a Frightening World' counts snowballs instead of mobs, if i loot 5 snowballs the counter goes up by 5 and not 1 for the mob killed.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

The quest is supposed to count snowballs, not mobs. The purpose of the quest is to point you toward killing winter-related mobs so that you can get extra Gnomekindle specific loot. Though now that I see how many snowballs drop per kill, I have increased the number of snowballs needed to advance the quest.

So long as you have the quest active, though, and are killing winter-related mobs (snow, ice, winter), you have a chance to get special event only loot. That's why the quest is repeatable as well.

Fixed the other issue with this quest.

And as I said, we know about the grey gnomes and are working on the fix.

I am trying to do the new blighted treants quest on blight. I found two in the yew. One level 84, which dealt 2014 damage to me and killed me. The other, a level 94 one shotted me. Am I doing something wrong? I couldn't get to any of the treants last year, so I have no idea if this is considered normal.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The gnomes asked Darsenia really nicely, really really nicely, if she would release her ornament supply so that they could be hidden amongst regular resources. She said no.

The gnomes then tried threatening Darsneia. And if you've ever watched a gnome turn all red and threatening, you'll understand totally why she just laughed, and still said no.

So I'm afraid that for this year, ornaments will only come from the treants themselves.
    That is a shame. Crafters weren't *left* out of an event, via the delivery of the item in the nodes of various resources.

Crafters haven't been "left out" of this event, either, Peaches. There are options for pure crafters.

Gnomekindle is NOT "previous winter festival revisited". The treants and their quest are being offered in order to give players a chance to get shoulder buddies if they couldn't last time. There is a whole different sort of "currency" for Gnomekindle.

Thank you Velea!

Just to update this issue, Defender's Blade has been fixed and the references to "flame wisp essence" have been corrected. I found the same issue with the "Kaasha's Ring" quest and will be fixing that one tonight.

Thank you very much for bringing this error up, Ryin, because otherwise, chances are the problem with "Kaasha's Ring" wouldn't have been found until it hit live. You see, not only do you have to have completed "Defender's Blade" to get it, it's a Sslik-only quest.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

When you hand the treant pieces over to Darsenia, she mixes up a couple of words in a somewhat amusing manner.

"... and I'll fashion you your momento." - it's spelled "memento". Also, if we're going to be real nitpicky, there ought to be a comma before "I suppose" in the same paragraph.

edit: And as is tradition, all the new quests have slightly offset quest links, like so:

"Available Quest:
    Bronze Decorations on Every Gnomekindle T
    ree"
    Last edited by tramsan; December 8th, 2007 at 06:53 PM.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

in addition to the costumes, the Mayor and Mrs. Clause also appear grey and are missing their textures.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    edit: And as is tradition, all the new quests have slightly offset quest links, like so:

"Available Quest:
    Bronze Decorations on Every Gnomekindle T
    ree"
    That's an issue that is a bigger bug than just with the quests. And one we're having trouble figuring out "why" on, so it will probably go live that way unless there's a miracle.

The rest I can fix. Thanks.

Thread Information