Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dev's, drop everything you are doing.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Dev's, drop everything you are doing.

heehee, i almost didn't notice it had started over.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I've been pushing that damned button for over three months now

Where's Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I've been pushing that damned button for over three months now

Where's Unity
    Unity will not come back, was never planned to come back.
    What virt are doing is a char transfer to the NA shards.
    Time fame for that was end off march 2008, but seems to have been delayed no new time frame have been posted.

Thread necromancy!

Technically, it's still the end of march, so they could announce today...

Antonath

They said they hoped by the end of March they never promised by the end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair View Post
    Unity will not come back, was never planned to come back.
    What virt are doing is a char transfer to the NA shards.
    Time fame for that was end off march 2008, but seems to have been delayed no new time frame have been posted.
    I know full well that what we are getting is a character transfer, still doesn't change the fact that right now Unity is lost, and through transfer we will see resurrection.

As for the delay, well that's hardly a surprise but in all fairness did Virtrium really say that they would deliver on the ability to transfer characters from Unity to the NA shards by the end of March? No they didn't. They said:

Barring the unexpected, we hope to be able to begin the Unity transfer before the end of the month.
    So now with it being the end of March I expect to receive information from Virtrium which details what the current delay is, and how long until we can expect resolution as well as progress for the masses awaiting transfer.

Yay Antonath this is Unity's rejected cleric sslik casting Resurrection on an old gem. I have to confess that I found it immensely interesting to see Cobal rant. Recognised a bit of me ol' self in there

Information will be coming soon. I think I can say that much.

-Menkure

Information will be coming soon. I think I can say that much.

-Menkure
    soon or soon (tm) ?
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

That he can't say.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

We really need some kind of rare, consumable scroll that we can use to cast "Dispell Undead" on these old threads. This one's mummy wrappings are starting to come undone from the frequent Reanimate Dead spells that have been cast on it!

sorry thats BS

You guys have INVESTED NOTHING but time. Time that you used to unwind and relax. Some people need to get a grip here ok. HORIZONS IS JUST A GAME. if it is more than that to you well then you are ONLY going to be disappointed ok. No one invests anything period into an MMO... nothing.

I do not see a problem in starting over from scratch. Horizons is about plot and lair building. Those assets can never be transfered over. You certainly won't get Novians in credit for the work you did do. Just start over and remake your characters identity. If the game is that appealing to you then going from level 1 to 100 again is not an investment but fun.
    By your "reasonment" we should as well feel happy to roll level 1 characters, level to 2 and then redo them from scratch. It's just a game and we still spend just time.
    I call this the "lemmings way".

Sorry, I have an identity that won't go away, even if the characters would not have been restored.

Even if Vahrokh never revived, he'd still be Vahrokh, not a biote number applied into a cold database.
    The biote number is there, but the huge adventures, risks, joys, dramas of the long past, the unique loot / hoard / ancient spells, everything put together makes for much more than just a sequence of bytes.

It's a biote number, an "ID" to look up on a database... but it's also the ID to look up in our memories, you undervaluate this way too much.

Pls don`t underestimate those, who share FEELINGS.
    This community would not be the same if ratio and pragmatism would prevail.
    Golden words.
    If all we are, were just "time" and bytes, Horizons would be DEAD.

Also, imagine the other people, the developers. Did they "revive" Horizons because someone in the NASDAQ insulted them "HEY YOU ***OTS YOU ARE LOSING YOUR BEST AFFAIR OF YOUR LIFE! YAHOO IS NOTHING COMPARED TO HZ"

No, Horizons is a paradox, it lives because of immeausurable love. Horizons should not exists, yet it's here. Should be dead, but it lives.

I'll make all I can so that the paradox can go on.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

It lives because of love, but you must look at it the other way at the same time - it IS just a game.

A game I have grown in love with in only a few short months, a game that seems vast, wonderful and full of dedicated people, but in the end, it is still just a game.

Collect the memories that you invested time in while you can. We can only build memories and experiences through our characters, because when the game is gone, when our characters are gone, our memories are what will remain.

That said, let this thread disappear into our memories as well - the situation is rectified, and there is no point in letting emotions continue to drive a moot argument.

We all take from things what we can, and if others don't see the same value in it as you do, you won't be able to convince them otherwise.

*grins*
    I don`t know why, but that reminds me a scene from "Star Trek", when
    Kirk, McCoy and Spock set around a camp-fire and the two sang an old song, and Spock does not get the sense of the words: " (roll your boat gently down the stream, merrily..) life is but a dream"

*blinks at Vahrokh*
    up in the air, brother, lets breath the air of Istaria, feel the winds under our wings, and the fire within our bodies and the power of our beating hearts...

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM
    *grins*
    I don`t know why, but that reminds me a scene from "Star Trek", when
    Kirk, McCoy and Spock set around a camp-fire and the two sang an old song, and Spock does not get the sense of the words: " (roll your boat gently down the stream, merrily..) life is but a dream"

*blinks at Vahrokh*
    up in the air, brother, lets breath the air of Istaria, feel the winds under our wings, and the fire within our bodies and the power of our beating hearts...
    (roll = row)

Life would not be a dream if you have to worry about rolling your boat down the stream - would be more like a nightmare :-)

sorry for the slight derailment.

lol*blush* sounds logically

Some people pay good money to roll their boats down streams - look at white water rafting or kayaking.

Antonath

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily. Life is but a dream.

Sung in a round.

Star Trek: The Final Frontier is the movie you're thinking. The three are in Yosemite.

Don't forget the marshmelons.

Kirk: Spock, why didn't you jump in?
    Spock: I was trying to comprehend the meaning of the words.
    McCoy: It's a song, you green blooded...Vulcan. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing.
    Spock: Oh, I am sorry, Doctor. Were we having a good time?
    Last edited by C`gan; May 9th, 2008 at 02:22 PM.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

you got the point, C`gan
    I love that scene-much philosophy implied^^

A good scene in an otherwise horrid movie. heheh
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

One quick Question ... Unity is being transfered or has already been transfered so why in dralk is this thread still popular ? the point of this topic has been Unity. The unity Issue has been Resolved . *Digs around in a bucket of odds and ends for a pad lock, finds one hands it to one of the devs or mods* .
    Last edited by lightning claw; May 14th, 2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Bad grammer
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information