Thread: Thinking of Returning to Chaos...

Default Thinking of Returning to Chaos...

I doubt anyone remembers me, but I was a Helian dragon on Chaos with the same name as my handle. Some issues came up in RL and well...with the owners of that time doing a lovely job of slaughtering the game, I never tried to come back.

I've been hearing good things about the new owners however...so I figured I'd ask you guys: Have the new owners fixed the damage done by that Pixel magic or whatever they called themselves? Is it safe to come back or am I going to be disappointed all over again?

I really miss what this game was before it got sold to certain parties; I really want to believe it's taking an upswing.

And one last question - did anyone get my lair in Harton Valley, the one up on the high cliff overlooking the town? Please say whomever got it is taking good care of it. It was such a nice one. (No, I'm not begging for it back- I wouldn't want to oust someone else given what a pain it was to find lairs back in the day. I just want to know my work on it didn't go to waste by someone buying, bulldozing and then just sitting on it like I'd seen happen so often.)

Default Re: Thinking of Returning to Chaos...

There has been 2 events since they took over, billing is fixed. There has not be a plot repo so you may still have your lair.

Blight has been revived, numerous patches have been developed and applied to Blight --> live shards, and compatibility with Vista plus import of Unity characters is being worked on.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrieath View Post

I've been hearing good things about the new owners however...so I figured I'd ask you guys: Have the new owners fixed the damage done by that Pixel magic or whatever they called themselves? Is it safe to come back or am I going to be disappointed all over again?
    All depends... what damage, and why were you disappointed before?

So far billing is fixed so the company's making money. Two events (Halloween and xmas). Patches have all been minor quest/graphics fixes and one major nerf (linked spell timers). No real progress (new content, dragon completion) to report, plot reclaim still hasn't happened and will be hung up until next year.

(As I often say, the game is the game, same game it always has been, always will be, hence my first question.)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Kyri! Come back! Some of us miss you!

I was in the area...

The Crimson Gypsy's Rest is intact and waiting for you. (All T4 machines + hallways, etc. still up)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Deth & Xoshara: The billing fix is definitely good news. That was so messed up before. And we finally have events again? Even if they're just seasonal ones- very good news!

Vermithraxx: My main issues were with the messed up billing, the closing of Blight, the nazi-level control over the forums, the refusal to aid players with in game issues or even communicate with them, and the lack of even attempting to add new events in all the time they had it.
    Ah! So the Rest is still there- thank you for looking while you were there! I miss that place, even if I'm liable to get lost in my own lair...*LOL*

Zura: *hugs!* Zura! ^^; I figured everyone had left! Nice to know some old friends are still around. It'll be a little while before I can finagle a way to come back; I just wanted to see if it was worth the effort of trying or if it was second verse, same as the first with the new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrieath View Post
    I doubt anyone remembers me
    Some of us do Kyrie .. welcome back in anticipation

I remember you
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, even though the communication is not "Here is what we did today", I think you'll find that if you do a search for the predominant names (Amon, Reyem, HorizonsCS, etc.) you'll see that since the reconquest (I'm thinking that's about as appropriate as any other term right now) we're getting quite a bit of feedback from the Devs. GRANTED, in some areas it's still sparse, but here's a partial list of their ultra-high priority stuff they're working on:

1. Merging Unity characters to active shards. This is by far the most anticipated and most daunting task they have right now. Everyone is anxious to meet all these wonderful Unity people we've only had the chance to gab with in the forums. And the Unity players I know are exceptionally anxious to be able to run free once again in Istaria without having to lose everything and start out at level 1.

2. Plot repossession. We know that this is going to be turned back on at some point, whether slightly before or slightly after Unity is merged in.

3. Terrain fixing. Something recently put to Blight was a terrain fix. It's to help cut down on some of the rendering time for all the terrain out there (and, as we know higher rendering time = more lag). It's to be a definite improvement in performance for the players.

4. Tier 2 revamp. As they did with Genevia Island and some around Parsinia, the devs are begining the process of a revamp for tier 2 areas, Scorpion Island, Abandoned Island, Dalimond, Chiconis, etc. So, look forward to some plots being resized, resources being adjusted, pretties being added, things to make those areas more appealing.

5. Tier 1 revamp. We know this wasn't finished at the time PME/EI/NGW got their hands on Horizons, so there may yet be some interesting things to be done around Kion and Sslanis.

6. Confectioner revamp. Remember that contest we had for coming up with new recipes with the new resources for confectioner that happened back in early 2006? Well, part of that is coming to pass with the addition of those resources in areas across Istaria. Work is progressing on making the benefits of those dishes so they can be brought into the game and be worthwhile for us to make and use. Taverns have gotten a booster with the permanent ability to boost the effects of foods eaten in them.

7. Vista compatibility. I hate to say it, but this is going to be a tough one. However, the devs are tackling it right along with everything else. Players have been coming up with quick fixes and trial and error methods that have been allowing a number of people access at least for short periods (hours, days, possibly even weeks) of being able to be in Istaria. Of course, it's all still temporary fixing that all goes away with the inevitable reboot.

As I said, this is only a partial list. Other things going on include more quests, new events, and lots and LOTS more fixes and patches that get requested by us through the support site.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Valornyx: ^^; Glad to hear it! I hope to be back soon though it'll likely be awhile yet. *hm* Nice to see another familiar name still around too. ^_^

Justa: Hehe- another familiar name! Glad to see there's still some old players left. ^.^ And glad to be remembered.

C`gan: *whistles* that IS a long list of improvements compared to the last few owners. Sounds like it's finally picking up back into being something like what it had been earlier in- just without as many early glitches. Thank you for the list. ^.^

I remember you! Get your tail back in here! You're missing Gnomekindle! They dressed up all the gnomes in crazy costumes to make them easier to spot from the sky, it's great!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good dipped in chocolate!" - Can't remember who

I remember you - and yes your lair is intact, I was using the essence shaper earlier today

I remember ya to Kyrie. Though I post mildly incognito due to radical viewpoints and would prefer to not have my gaming experience torn asunder because I very much like ot argue and play devils advocate. (something many folks don't approve of) I'll have one of my toons look ya up asap. Come back!
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Thread Information