Thread: Quest Question

Default Quest Question

Question

There is a quest
    Dragon:learn the power of healing
    it is telling me to kill 100 of the garnet or malachite golems now is this a bug and only supose to be 10 not 1000..

Should i do it still or no ? was just wondering i left that one to the last one to do.. so i figure i ask and find out

Default Re: Quest Question

It's 100 (hundred), no mistake. Who said dragon-life was easy... :P

Good luck!

Yup, definatly a 100...and unless they changed it I think you need to have 50 of each ore too. Anyway I feel your pain...I did that quest 3 years ago and by Drulkar I hated it.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

However, Primal Instant Heal is definitely a life-saver. Do the quest no matter how long it feels. If you go east out of Kion and down the road to about where the wolves are, you can find some garnet golems that are fast to kill. I'd suggest doing 100 of them, keep 50 of the uncut garnet and sell the rest after turning them into cut garnet. Then go up to the gemcutting bench (careful on the road for the two named skeleton lieutenants) by the volcano and mining 50 malachite. You could also fight the malachite golems up there, but they are much harder.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

There is a superb, and safe (no mobs around at all - sidenote hope Vi keeps it and other places that way, not áll players find it 'fun' to have to be mob-ducking while crafting after all!) - place inbetween Heart and Central Valley to mine T1-gem. Player-built jewelershop, and some open silo's, right next to (almost in) the gems. Lóvely spot! Hope for all T1-gem-miners that it lives through the reclamations.
    To get there, take portal to central valley in Bristugo (portal with the npc-towns; look under peninsula: central valley). When arriving there, go left out of the portal (= southish). Look for the gemhouse when you reach main path, and go look around it, you'll be surprised by the spawn there.

The heal is a must have and the garnet golems are easy to kill even for a lvl 10. I recomend folks do this quest first and get a few lvls from it before doing the harder quests.

Yea for sure no its shouldnt be aq big problem lol. i am level 18 now soi worked through all the dragon quests from the bottom to the top and thats my last one. i just finished the one i needed to killt he 20 malakite and they where a breeze..

When I did this.. I just killed 100 of the garnet's.. then ported back to NT.. and got the malachite and garnet from the mine there. And yes.. I hated that too... but I would rather kill 100 garnets.. then do that pesky 40/50 water golem quest again.

The worst quests are the 25/50 spiders. I HATE spiders >.< they load and respawn ever so slowly and when they do, there's 5 of them in one spot....

Yup, ditto to all of that. Except that I found the most painful quest series to be the "kill winter beasts" level 30 ability quests. Abandoned Island and Scorpion Island are just poorly designed places.

Do the level 30 winter mobs series on Trandalar, just west of Brandon's Shelf.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

? i thought trandalar is all tier III, level 30 is tier II... did i miss something? or is that spot perfect for the level 50 stuff?

Nope, Oakie is just being confused. Or rather, he's writing confused. "Level 30 series" = the "Frightening World" quest series. Trandalar = Kill the T3 winter mobs on Trand just as well as the T2 on AI/Scorp.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

... oops ...

Thread Information