Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unity Player Branding, and

Default Unity Player Branding, and

Alright, since Creme is curious, let's find out:

How many players are there on Chaos who do not own at least one 45x45 plot OR one lair (and have really wanted one for a while now)? I'm guessing less than 5, but let's see what the final result will be.

How many Unity players are there on these boards, that aren't already on Chaos? David Bowman claimed that in every MMOG he worked on 1/3 of the players used the forums. So now is the time to come out of the woodwork if you are here. However many Unity people post here, we'll multiply that by 3 to make up for those who don't use forums (such people exist?). In order to insure you aren't double counted, we will be branding you with this symbol.

If you are from Unity, and you aren't playing yet, are you planning to go to Chaos or Order?

EDIT: hahaha I forgot to finish my title. Oh well, it will make people curious.

Default Re: Unity Player Branding, and

Chaos, have a lair, but can I Khaleph be branded with this symbol?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Chaos and have a nice large Lair on Drakul now

Oh and i'd like to see you try and brand Slayvite

I am from Unity, only lurin around in the forums. I plan to go on Order when I have my char back, because I love roleplaying.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*Brands Takora with the Star Trek symbol* Excellent, my first Unity vict... participant.

You shouldn't have any problems Takora. Even right now there are lots of lairs available on Order.

Oakleif: The Chaos symbol is quite appropriate isn't it. This one would work well too:
    http://www.sarbloh.info/
    The ancient Sikh symbol of Order From Chaos. It's a Lotus.

I'm from unity and currently (yes in this very second) am playing on order a little (on a PC with Vista 64Bit installed, did they sort the issues or is the game about to crash? Will my PC die? Am I the lucky one that can play? hu?)... It's just a small dragon there (Tapsy), who doesn't own anything, yet, just some scales and a bit of expirience...

I don't know where to take my cat, later... It's sad to see the unity people split on two shards... I'd prefer to have them all with me on the same one. I didn't manage to decide it, yet... I have never taken a look at chaos, so maybe I'll go there? But takora wants to go to order? How can I leave my favorite dragoness? *cries in pain* You just killed my brain
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I am from Unity, in case some Anctartica piece of ice did not know already ;P

I got a grandfathered account the day they came out (let's call it "token of appreciation for Vi efforts"), made an hatchling on the 3 shards and looked around.

While Order really attracts me a lot, the shock for seeing Unity bleed into a ghost town, after a year, is still too strong for me to want to log in on a 30 players place.

I can't stand a totally empty Kion, it's just as wrong like a petroleoum polluted tropical sea is.

Despite my account, I am not going to play until I am taken back from the Cold Black, the Non Existing, The Void, the ancestral fear of every immortal being, be it dragon or not.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I have a smaller plot then 45x45. actualy i have two setting side by side to make up for the size dif i couldnt see spending the amount of cash on the few plots that are around that size. i can also acount for two other members of my guild who dont post or keep up with the news on the site and just relly on me to speak for them and tell them whats going on. member one has a plot right next to mine that is if i remmber right a 38 x 32 or 38 x42 some crasy number like that and is hopeing that after the reclimation can get the plot next to his as i have done to increase the size with out changeing location. the sec member has a 40 x 42 i beleave in the same town as us about three plots away. those i can say for sure, i do know of one or two others that have smaler plots i know one that actualy has one of the tiny plots but i cant say for sure if they are looking to upgrade.

So in total i have two that are smaler and would like to start a third sub and buy a plot near or around the one i have ( i like my lil spot ) and know two members that want biger plots that have smaller then 45x45 and at least 1 other who has a small plot but not sure if they are looking to upgrade.

oh and for those that dont know I am a Chaos player.
    Last edited by Alacor Vashnore; December 20th, 2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: missed details

Not Unity here.

Based on this old poll: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ght=unity+poll

Your magic number is 61, so 183 if you want to triple it.

Not to hijack the thread, (but on a related line), Is there a master list of plots/lairs hiding out anywhere? I know about Steelclaws map, but what raw data is that based on? Plus, is there a list that has extended data, such as owner names, plot sizes, etc.

Lastly, somebody once posted a list of what constituted 'desirable' aside from size. (Stargate, pads, resources, etc.) Anybody care to reiterate that list, especially when it comes to lairs? (i.e. What's a 'normal' versus 'omgthatshuge!!' size.)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Ex unity player.....have 2 accounts on chaos 1 with 31x31 plot (by choice for location)...had 2 large guild plots on unity....3rd account as yet still in ziber space 3rd account had small plot.
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx View Post
    Lastly, somebody once posted a list of what constituted 'desirable' aside from size. (Stargate, pads, resources, etc.) Anybody care to reiterate that list, especially when it comes to lairs? (i.e. What's a 'normal' versus 'omgthatshuge!!' size.)
    That's easy. 120x120x144 is the "desirable" size for a lair. The reason being is that only anything larger than a 5x4 can hold a grand hall. Lairs are also like a very large, 3-d puzzle. All pieces can only fit a certain way, so the smaller sizes: 3xsomething. are rather challenging. There are a few "huge" size lairs, one on Serenity and one on Trandalar that are ~144x144x200-something. I don't remember the numbers but it was much larger than the standard.

As for location, location is just as important as size. Cargo disks only go so fast and lairs are, TMK the biggest resource hog in the game, so it will take a dragon a long time to build a lair. As it stands, there are very few (I can only name two off the top of my head) "finished" lairs on order. Portal is not as important as pad, as you can always just bind somewhere else. If you are not near a pad, consider building a hall/shrine and a vault right away. It makes things faster if you can just stuff resources in your vault and recall to a shrine.

Resources nearby are also handy. For example, if you live near copperton or that southern area, you will never have a want for T1 resources as they are all there. The closer your resources are, the less time you will spend hauling them back and fourth and the faster you can get a lair piece finished and opened.

You also might want to look at the plots around the lair. What kind of machines are nearby? Are they public? What kind of resources are around? would you mind building a corresponding higher-tiered machine to help those that are grinding on them?

Lastly, what kind of mobs are in between the lair plot and the pad? Do you mind them being there and possibly attacking you while you are hauling cargo?

I am from Unity, although I "restarted" on Chaos after the new owners took over. I have 2 subs running but stopped playing a few weeks ago for different reasons, one of them being the lack of plot/lair.

I did buy a small plot in Garnet Bay (38*42 ?) to try out the building schools, but no lair on the server to do the same with (no, I am not hauling bulk to the far end of Drakul, I aint that stupid )

I'll probably cancel my subs soon and wait and see what happens with Unity import/plot reclaim. Although I love the game there is something vital missing for a dragon once 100/100/XX especially since I am a crafting addict

We'll see I guess and in the meantime I hope you all have a great holiday with many gnomish fireworks and dwarven kegs !

/Scraggy(Jr)

I'm from Unity and restarted on Chaos actually before the Virtrium takeover - in fact before the EII takeover, because I was unhappy with the way things were looking.

'cos I started on Chaos so early, I have a lair in Elmic (only one or two rooms built, but I WILL get back to building it) and a 40x40 or so plot in Cedar's Cove (although it WAS 22x22 before the fairly recent plot changes). I will be working on my plot as soon as the building I'm doing on my brother's plot gets boring or finished! I work darned hard to get cash together to buy a plot then spend all my time working on other people's plots... mmm. sensible? no. But very me.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Started on Bounty, then went to Chaos. I had a lair and 2 50x50 plots. Left the game a few months back, and now that I am back in game I have no lair, and only a 25x25 plot. I am praying that the reclaim comes soon so I can have a lair again, and a larger plot.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

I`m (we´re) from Unity

I pay for 4 acc.atm-(on Chaos,4 different players).
    Flame and me (can`t speak for the other 2) play our hatchies only because to find out what`s new and to support VI. And wait..

After merge, we`ll need 3 lairs and 1 plot-
    two of us already have a small plot, Flame and me have neither a plot nor a lair.

I doubt, weather 1/3 of the German ex-Unitarians read this forum, but small groups always kept in touch, so I know about 20 players, who wait for their chars to return.As most of us are "old" citizens of Istaria, we all had big ,nice plots/lairs.

From Unity =)

Currently strolling around alittle on Chaos =) Got no plot or lair.
    Tavar Ssaic (Order) - Sslik Berserker Maniac
    Mudz (Chaos) - Ssleek Monkey
    Trekk (Chaos) - Sslik Grandmaster Monk
    Telzun (Chaos) - Ancient Sslik, uhm I mean dragon :-)

Unity player .. not playing just waiting on the forums for the resurrection of my chars

http://www.bristugo.com/node/58

There is a list of all the plot owners on Chaos. Dunno how that one was compiled, but the map is runs a script (or whatever they are called) made by SC. His script set up to do a scrape of plot data that is automatically generated for the community site every day. The map at least should be accurate to within a few hours of real time. Dunno about the plot ownership page though. I notice that I changed the name of my plot about 2 months ago from the default, and it is still listed as "plot of land". So that list might be manually compiled?

From Unity. Atm playing on Chaos (tried to stop playing, but it is so addictive ) while (im)patiently waiting for my old chars to arrive. No plot now but I used to have a nice Acul-plot at Unity.

p.s. don't wat to be branded though

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I am from Unity, now in Chaos, and currently homeless.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Thread Information