Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Challenging Mobs...

Default Re: Challenging Mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Please consider this change, make standard armor cool again
    What change was that?
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

make mobs do several types on damage regularly, 3 or so, so it cant all be covered by one resist.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I’d have to throw in a slight disagreement, and not just because I would be affected.

For T6 mobs, I’d like to see more grouping, even small groups of 3 or 4. Each mob would do a different damage type, but also still have their primary damage type and secondary damage type.

A single player would find it harder to solo the group. Highly specialized resistance armor would not mean as much.

However, in a group, a player with a high resistance or ward against a particular damage type could be go after that damage dealing mob.

Standard Armor should be just that, Standard. I currently carry 3 complete sets of armor in my pack: Standard teched, Slash Ward, Energy Ward. And I’m wearing Flame Resistance. When in situations of multiple damage types, or unknown types, I switch to my standard. Otherwise, I’m wearing what the situation calls for.

Also, on the issue (not raised here) of crafted versus dropped items; Please note that just about every piece of my blighted armor and jewelry is player crafted, not drops.

That aside, back to the OP of what mobs are challenging. We can talk Resis/Wards in another thread if you wish.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Don't really care to be honest. Its just to easy to abuse and makes litterally no mob challenging. That was my point.

There is so much response in this thread that I did not read it all, so my apologies if my thoughts are a repeat. For me.. rating 228.. I find that the Daknor and Fafnir creatures have got to be the most annoying. So annoying that I don't even bother trying to pull a group together to go after them. Their HPs and damage output are way out of proportion to the reward. And now with the new death point system, it is even less appealing to give them a go.

Soni

Quote Originally Posted by Sonea View Post
    There is so much response in this thread that I did not read it all, so my apologies if my thoughts are a repeat. For me.. rating 228.. I find that the Daknor and Fafnir creatures have got to be the most annoying. So annoying that I don't even bother trying to pull a group together to go after them. Their HPs and damage output are way out of proportion to the reward. And now with the new death point system, it is even less appealing to give them a go.

Soni
    I simply find the game is not "up to" Fafnir.

Horizons is a lag monster, creating a tight timing mob like Fafnir is not the same as creating it in WoW. In WoW on the same PC and connection you'd see the hands "glow", THEN you have two or so seconds, THEN you die.

On Horizons, on 40% of the attempts, with no latency (latency window showing everything to max speed), 60 frames per second, able to main tank the hardest timing required WoW Sunwell encounters with ease...

... FIRST you die, THEN the game log updates and FINALLY you see the boss hands glow. What the hell of a requirement is that, to have to run off / fly up in a pair of seconds, if the game looks so poorly client / server synchronized?
    In fact it looks like there's some bottleneck at work, if you try the same with fewer people and cause much less "combat log" (frame rate only going from 60 to 65) the boss finally does his stuff synchronized. It's like there's a server simulation difficulty at pumping to every client data quick enough keeping up with 9-10 players in combat, despite the 3D window is still 60 FPS (that is, the server can keep up with the whole playerbase but only stuff in so much communication per private server socket <=> client socket connection). Or the client can't apply to the viewport what the server pumps to it?

*boggles*
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I had a group of four kill fafnir last night.

a ssingle classed dwarf zerker, a level 100 dragon, a half giant healer rating 140 and myself a rating 174 druid.

It wasnt easy, but I venture if i took the time, I could likely solo him, though the energy seplls do no damage so only hte nature would....would take a long time...all ya gotta do is stun him.

I agree on daknor.

Thread Information