Thread: Yukon Cornelius .. Abominable Snow Beast

Default Yukon Cornelius .. Abominable Snow Beast

Not actually a bug but..

I got the quest from Yukon and went to AI to get the beast..
    the quest states "Travel to Abandoned Island into the snow covered mountains and slay the beast that Yukon calls The Abominable"..

I did that twice and the quest did not update .. deleted it - got it again - same result ..

As a dragon I flew to the top of the mountain .. it was only after running around for a while up there that I hit the trigger spot to update the quest - then it proceeded normally..

Can I suggest a change in the wording to something along the lines of :
    "Travel to Abandoned Island into the snow covered mountains and find the lair / find the hiding place of the beast that Yukon calls The Abominable."

Else something to make it a little clearer that you are looking for a location not actually slaying him at this point.

Default Re: Yukon Cornelius .. Abominable Snow Beast

But you are slaying him. You go around till you find that update then he spawns in the area you got the update in. You then kill him. Quest complete.

Though I do agree that people should be warned that he is spawned on a specific update so that they don't spend hours sitting in the wrong spot waiting for a named monster.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

the second message tells you to slay him as well .. all my point is that I killed him 4 times without the update becasue I did not know I was looking for one - it just said to slay him .. changing the quest a bit might help to alleviate other people doing the same thing.

Am I the only one that keeps thier quest log open on such times?
    I learned to keep it open on my breath quest when my trainer threw in some needed essence at the last minute with no warning so had to go back and find another resource. As such, I now keep my quest log open and small enough that only the current quest shows.

I agree with Valornyx that a change in dialogue for clarification would be nice. I think that this quest was built with the idea that a person would be running to the site, not flying. If you run up the entrance to the inside of that snowy place then the quest updates. If you fly in you are very unlikely to hit the update spot unless you run all over the place looking for it.

Ah that would explain why it did not work for me the first time then. Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Information