Thread: Multi-Level "Commons".

Default Multi-Level "Commons".

One of the most memorable and successful areas in the pre-raze Istaria was the Lesser Aradoth Iron and Silverworks.

On the lower level iron and silver spawned, and there were smelters AND anvils there. Non-aggro Spiders were prevalent. Lower level (teens maybe?) players came to try the spiders, which were challenging at that level. Tier III players congregated for the iron, silver, and machines, and so were available for buffing and rezzing the lower level players who were working on the spiders. There were some very well done deserted ruins next door to the machines, and the skeleton caretakers would attack those who strayed a tad far from the machines. We had visitors; a fyakki, and later a group with it that strolled by every 15 minutes or so, and a mysterious group of birds (from Sslanis) would appear and hover overhead from time to time. The huntress spider ( aggro!) would also appear from time to time. There was an upper level, approachable by road or straight up the hill, with iron and silver also, and machines as well. Visitors there were golems and their keepers. On the way up from Kion, you had sandstone, stone station, copper, and a very pretty little gem station and miniature gem field. Down the hill a little towards Parsinia you had slate as well, and a stoneworking station.

So you had attractions for tier II, III and high tier I players, a large crowd, varied activities, all very well conceived and balanced in an attractive area. Guild recruiting took place, and a lot of friendships were formed there. I saw my first fyakki, and my first adult dragon there.

So my request/suggestion would be to include a similarly functioning area in the Dalimond overhaul. Not the same resources necessarily, but a multi-level gathering ground for tiers I through V. (Perhaps next door to a rebuilt Crankenspank's???) In summary, it should be attractive, fun, with attractions for all tiers, stocked with non-aggro mobs of different levels, and have some of the early Hz "sense of wonder". Perhaps some variation of a permanent "festival/carnival"?

Such a place would help recreate the bustling, busy, feel that Horizons once had, that was so important in making the early Hz the place of wonder that it was.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default Re: Multi-Level "Commons".

Wisp island, Fabric Island, etc?

You have mixed tier for crafters still even if you don't have it for adventurers.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Multi-Level "Commons".

I remember the works. Pain to get to, but a beautiful place to raise blacksmith.

It would be nice to see such a multi-tiered (geographically as well as resources) place again.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information