Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So.. Who's doing the Son of Gigaroth runs now?

Talking So.. Who's doing the Son of Gigaroth runs now?

Last night's ill-fated attempt at insta-kill wonder Fafnir got me interested again, and wanting to try and get the Demon Claw and/or Demon Staff again. However, It's been over a year since I hunted the SoG, so I don't know the group(s) or people that do anymore.

For awhile I was a regular in the groups, but after being involved in just over 20 SoG kills and getting nothing I got frustrated and gave up.

Thanks for any info...
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Angry Re: So.. Who's doing the Son of Gigaroth runs now?

sad to say the Bain of this game has Returned and now they camp every epic mob but the war in harro . there needs to be a anti camp policy or have the frigen mobs spawn quicker or something

its impossible to get throws items since the campers have returned sorry to say that but its the truth they are monopolizing the mobs.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: So.. Who's doing the Son of Gigaroth runs now?

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    sad to say the Bain of this game has Returned and now they camp every epic mob but the war in harro . there needs to be a anti camp policy or have the frigen mobs spawn quicker or something

its impossible to get throws items since the campers have returned sorry to say that but its the truth they are monopolizing the mobs.
    No one ever bothers to answer my question when I ask why can't you camp the mob either. Why can't you? As far as I'm aware, no one can stop you. (No one can stop you from porting into an area and waiting. Sure, if someone trains you and you die (MPK), you can report them, but no one can stop you from going somewhere.)

Go get a group together and sit and wait for Valkor, for instance, to spawn. If waiting is too long for people, camp in shifts.

Out-pull. (Out-damage, if necessary. (It likely won't be needed.)) Loot. Easy.

No, really. Easy. It's done in every other MMO I've played, I think people can manage it here.

Oh. And stop being insulting to people you haven't bothered to try and get to know better.

Agreed, camping occurs in everygame.

Instances would help. They arent in.

Most games the goal, is to get to the lvl cap. Then you raid for high lvl gear. Yay!

This game is mostly about crafting as of late.

You wanna get high lvl gear. Get in a raiding guild like they do in EQ. Get some tactics, bring your A-game. GO Fight Win!...etc.

People are indeed camping. I've done it. Why not? Takes a lot time, but...if its worth whining about, its worth camping for.

I plug in a console gaming system or a dvd player and chill while I wait.

Then again, why give away my secrets?^^

Here's my theory, take it or leave it. hate me if you will. Play more, get yer game on, worry less about posting and more about gaming.

Someone take this soapbox, it doesnt suit me.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Someone take this soapbox, it doesnt suit me.
    *takes the soap box, scrounges around in it for some soap, then proceeds to wash Silverblaze's brain*

*hides evidence of brainwashing*

Ah... *scratches his head*

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    No one ever bothers to answer my question when I ask why can't you camp the mob either. Why can't you? As far as I'm aware, no one can stop you.
    I would love to help camp mobs. who should I send a tell to ingame for an invite?
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    I would love to help camp mobs. who should I send a tell to ingame for an invite?
    Have you tried asking your guild leader if they'd like to camp as a guild?

*rolls eyes* Wowsers, I don't think I'd like a guild committed to camping.

I play on Order shard. Occasionally we schedule a guild hunt for a named, and we'll mention it in the public chats to make sure we're not interfering with someone else's planned hunt. This has proven sufficient to ensure we can have a fun hunt without camping. Is it really so crowded/cutthroat on Chaos that camping becomes a necessary strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    yes I have asked guild members, but I have just returned from a yearlong hiatus, to find my original guild gone, and many of my in-game friends/contacts/hunting parties gone as well. (not the first time this has happened) so I am rebuilding...

for this reason, I was wondering if there was anyone on chaos (not just those in my guild) who likes to hunt/camp these mobs, so I could contact them.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

thats the beauty of it awdz...if ya dnt wanna camp...you dont have to.

however, if ya want those rares, you should be willing to camp, or put forth similar effort as others who do so.
    Last edited by Silverblaze; December 31st, 2007 at 04:44 AM.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Players that make sure that other players cant hunt thes mobs are the bains of the game there was a guild be for they left this game when they seen some one they did not like they stun the mob so they hit it and u cant do crap about it sad to say

these players think there so skilled it give them the right to do any thing they want and are arrogant to boot

i hope the day will come when they make it fair for others like not leting them camp at the sights but in one of the player made towns so others have a shot of finding the mobs
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Ouch ^

I don't have a guild to ask. Until now friends have always been enough. Of course, even if all of my friends, that haven't left yet, were online at once we'd still be a bit short for the SoG.

Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Players that make sure that other players cant hunt thes mobs are the bains of the game there was a guild be for they left this game when they seen some one they did not like they stun the mob so they hit it and u cant do crap about it sad to say

these players think there so skilled it give them the right to do any thing they want and are arrogant to boot

i hope the day will come when they make it fair for others like not leting them camp at the sights but in one of the player made towns so others have a shot of finding the mobs
    Again. Who is stopping you from forming your own group to go out and hunt those mobs? Why is it you can't manage to do this? No one has been willing to give me an answer on this so far. Those that do respond only say "but it's not fair that they won't give the rest of us a chance." This isn't really an answer to the question anyway, as they never say WHY it's impossible for them to go out and hunt those mobs as well.

As far as I can tell, the only thing stopping people is a dislike of competition, friendly or otherwise, and not enough desire for the objects in question.

If you don't want something badly enough to get off your rear and go hunt for it yourself, don't be surprised if people who ARE willing to hunt for it look at you with disdain when you start complaining about the unfairness of it all.

If you don't think these people are very skilled, then go prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *rolls eyes* Wowsers, I don't think I'd like a guild committed to camping.

I play on Order shard. Occasionally we schedule a guild hunt for a named, and we'll mention it in the public chats to make sure we're not interfering with someone else's planned hunt. This has proven sufficient to ensure we can have a fun hunt without camping. Is it really so crowded/cutthroat on Chaos that camping becomes a necessary strategy?
    On Chaos, there's one group of players who are very good at hunting the boss mobs. Since I'm not them, or even a spokesperson for them, I won't go into what I understand are their reasons. Suffice it to say, it's become an issue on Chaos (among some of the more vocal players) and that group is perceived as having a monopoly on the mobs.

However, after they got banned...a year ago? under EI, my guild leader and I went to hunt the mobs. The very first night we tried, we were advertising like mad in Dragon and MarketPlace trying to get more people for our group. The lack of responses we got was astounding. It's not like Valkor wasn't up, either. He'd been there for a good couple of hours, at least. It's not like people didn't know Valk and SoG dropped nice stuff, as well...we were sure to let them know that.

Honestly, we didn't have a lot of responses for about a week and I'm reasonably certain we kept advertising that whole time.

So unless someone would like to try and convince me that everyone who might've had the remotest interest in those items had either quit or otherwise stopped playing at that point, I'm going to remain convinced that the people complaining the loudest about it either just don't like the people currently doing the hunting and want to try to make them leave by any means possible* or people don't want to put forth any effort to get this stuff.

* Please don't try and convince me this isn't the case or that Horizons players are more mature than this. I've already seen and heard things proving otherwise.

At this point, unless someone can get both sides to back down, I'd have to say that yes, camping is probably going to be the only way you can touch one of those mobs.

As for whether or not having guild camping is bad, well... Some guilds do like to hunt together. I'm not saying they should camp things exclusively, just...isn't this a part of what guilds are for?

I have to agree with Kala on her assessment. This group is unified in hunting the epics. Nothing is stopping anyone from creating a core group of hunters to camp these mobs.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

I have trouble being bothered to care about whether or not people choose to camp. Unless they actively grief their competition there is nothing to complain about IMO.

But I personally hate camping. It is the very anti-thesis of fun. "Alright peoples! Lets go have some fun by.... sitting on our butts for 8 straight hours and staring at a blank screen! Woot!" No game anywhere should incorporate this horrible playstyle into their game on purpose, and if they see players gravitating toward it, then they should redesign their game.

So as far as I am concerned camping only exists in any game because of lazy and unimaginative game developers, not because of players. Players will always move toward actions that cost the least effort for the greatest reward. In most games this involves camping, so that's what players do. If camping wasn't worth it, no one would do it.

Even setting up a game where farming is necessary isn't as bad as setting up a camping game. At least you are doing *something* when you farm. Farming isn't a good gamestyle to force on players, but nothing is as low forced as camping. The best thing about HZ is that you don't have to camp if you don't want to. The "epics" in this game really aren't all that much better than top tier fully teched crafted items, so no one is forced to camp like they are in WoW. That makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer
    Yes they will camp a single spot, setup some invisible healers, and commence killing mobs. However, since most mobs range around the areas, I have had no difficulty in hunting successfully in close proximity to their camps.
    I truly find it sad that players have to accuse other players of cheating for doing something they are not geared up to do.

You have a level 100 guardian ALONE trying to kill blighted yew treants. If 2 blighteds aggro, this player has to disengage and run away. No crime in that, in fact, the most sensible thing to do when you don't have the heals/abilities/spells to keep up with the damage, and probably most specifically, DON'T HAVE the right EQUIPMENT.

However, I do find it insulting that because 1 group is out there, 100 Healer + 100 Dragon, both in crush resistant equipment is able to handle 3 blighted treants without having to flee, that you accuse them of having invisible healers set up. Any dev that wants to actually HELP get it through this guy's head that NO ONE IS CHEATING, just because he cannot handle 3 blighteds SOLO, please feel free to come "observe" but then, please, I BEG YOU. Send a tell and a PM to this player to let him know, once and for all, to stop his accusations just because HE cannot do something.

I also find it interesting that NUMEROUS other players have been out killing blighted treants, SOLO and handling multiples easily. Why are you not accusing any one else of having invisible healers set up, but only targeting 1 specific group.

You posted in another thread see below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aamer
    Even though you probably said that tongue in cheek Gopher, let me clear up my stand for those that actually believe I love to accuse others of anything...
    Jeez....

For someone that doesn't love to accuse others of anything, you seem to throw them out easily enough. I'll also remind you that you accused 2 players of having invisible healers @ T6 blights when TONS of other players told you it's completely doable with the right gear.

These accusations need to stop now, and hopefully a dev will be willing to tell you directly that there was no "invisible healers" out while killing blighted treants.

I am getting really tired of the ongoing accusations and rumor-mongering and insinuations, as much as you cry "innocent, I'm not trying to stir up any trouble".

p.s How do I report this thread? I can't find the option for it.

[quote=Aamer Khan;170529]

Yes they will camp a single spot, setup some invisible healers, and commence killing mobs. quote]

Invisible healing was clearly made illegal more than a year ago in an announcement by the former owners. If you see someone doing this, get some screenshots/proof and report to devs or start a new thread and post the proof for all to see.

I don't think that accusations without proof belong in this thread, and making these accusations without proof can only serve to trash someone's character, which is not a good example to set for this community.
    Braun

Istaria's Biggest Midget

Thread Information